Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice re Upgrading HKC Alarm

Options
  • 30-12-2016 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Looking for advice on upgrading my HKC Alarm.

I currently have a wired Secure Watch system installed in 2005/6 which needs a battery replacement which has prompted me to consider upgrading the alarm. Everything works fine but I would like to add some motion detectors, key fob, have remote access via an app and self monitoring. Also, can i use my internet connection for the monitoring rather than having some separate dialler?

I have two panels, one upstairs & downstairs.

Can anyone recommend/advise options/prices and recommend a reputable company/installer. I'm based in Dublin 15.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi
    I would recommend Siemens Vanderbilt Spc 4320.
    This would easily retro fit with your existing sensors and also give you the ability to add extra PiRs wirelessly.
    With an Internet connection you will have free email alerts and free apps and usage giving you full remote control of the system. The SPC range also has the advantage of being accessible from any web browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Scoobydoo1968

Thanks Kool Kid :)

I have looked through the various installers websites but none seem to advertise Siemens, all appear to do HKC & other brands. Also could you give me an idea of what sort of budget I would need to be thinking of?

Advertisement