Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre

Options
  • 30-12-2016 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi Reps

I am in the process of switching my broadband to Eir from Virgin. Rang before Christmas to order and was assured fibre was available in my area. Had a technician out 2 days ago to install a phone line and was told to give it 48 hours to ring and order broadband.

Just rang to check fibre status and was told it is not available in my area and the fastest speed available is 8mb. Can you please check this out for me? My Eircode is D24 Y42R

A friend of mine, who lives in Walkinstown, had the exact same problem until he finally got through to somebody who simply flicked the switch and transferred his line over to fibre but I didn't have such luck over the phone.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Reps

I am in the process of switching my broadband to Eir from Virgin. Rang before Christmas to order and was assured fibre was available in my area. Had a technician out 2 days ago to install a phone line and was told to give it 48 hours to ring and order broadband.

Just rang to check fibre status and was told it is not available in my area and the fastest speed available is 8mb. Can you please check this out for me? My Eircode is D24 Y42R

A friend of mine, who lives in Walkinstown, had the exact same problem until he finally got through to somebody who simply flicked the switch and transferred his line over to fibre but I didn't have such luck over the phone.

Thanks in advance
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Srfchoops1901,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Were you given an order or account number? Can you PM me this & I'll take a look into this for you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Advertisement