Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car alarm driving me crazy

• 30-12-2016 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭

Okay, I apologize in advance if it's in the wrong place.

I'm just at my wits end. Somewhere here in D9 there is a car alarm going off every like 15 to 20 minutes since 3 in the morning for about 10 minutes at a time. I highly assume it's just from one car since the distance and direction seems to be the same. I'm 8 months pregnant and I start to consider an act of terrorism :pac:
    Seriously, is there anything I can do? I don't know exactly where this car is, it's just within good hearing distance.
    I'm going nuts, I can already hear it when it's not even there because it haunted me at night.

My man is not really helpful since he has a cold and his ears are clogged, so he got all the sleeps and told me to calm down since he can't hear it :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

What you need to do is open all the door and Windows so that your fella does here it.

Once he zones into it it will pierce his brain until he goes and smashes that car's windows.

The owners are most likely gone on a two week trip to the canaries and abandoned their motor vehicle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Move to a back room if the noise is coming from the front. & vice versa. Cotton wool in your ears?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

What you need to do is open all the door and Windows so that your fella does here it.

Once he zones into it it will pierce his brain until he goes and smashes that car's windows.

The owners are most likely gone on a two week trip to the canaries and abandoned their motor vehicle.

Good thing is, I could send my parents, who live on Fuerteventura out to look for that person and give them a good smack :pac:

Probably the same car from this thread: http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057684565/1

Owners will be back soon, be grand.

Or you could tip to the pharmacy and see what sort of ear buds they have.

Once the alarm is bothering you even though it's at distance, chances are that there are people living closer to it or next to it who it is driving even more insane. Hopefully one of them do you a favour and it ends soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

stankratz wrote: »
    Probably the same car from this thread: http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057684565/1

Owners will be back soon, be grand.

Or you could tip to the pharmacy and see what sort of ear buds they have.

Once the alarm is bothering you even though it's at distance, chances are that there are people living closer to it or next to it who it is driving even more insane. Hopefully one of them do you a favour and it ends soon.

This was pretty much my first thought: I can hear it reasonably well, don't know how immediate neighbors deal with it. I suspect the car being parked somewhere in the area of The Rise.

But yeah, earbuds also keep the neverending kids-blahblah away, so I'd consider this as a win-win :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement