Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon America

Options
  • 30-12-2016 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help with this issue, if the wrong forum apologies and feel free to move mods.

I'm trying to buy something off the American Groupon, however my debit card details will not be accepted as my address is not an american one.

Any ideas how to circumvent this issue, would Paypal work?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

dar100 wrote: »
    Hi,

Hopefully someone can help with this issue, if the wrong forum apologies and feel free to move mods.

I'm trying to buy something off the American Groupon, however my debit card details will not be accepted as my address is not an american one.

Any ideas how to circumvent this issue, would Paypal work?

Thanks

I encountered the same issue last night buying a Cheesecake factory gift card. PayPal fixed the problem for me. If Groupon offer that as a payment option I'd go with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

I got on to them before and asked could someone in Ireland purchase on groupon america and they said no not at this time and they would look into it in the future but unfortunately it never happened.

I have family in us and it would have been handy but not to be and you cannot use paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

normakelle wrote: »
    I got on to them before and asked could someone in Ireland purchase on groupon america and they said no not at this time and they would look into it in the future but unfortunately it never happened.

I have family in us and it would have been handy but not to be and you cannot use paypal.

I went onto the online chat they said I could buy it from Ireland also a PayPal option on it now as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

oh great will check it out. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Earth Traveller

I have signed up to groupon.com and selected Chicago as my 'home' city (never been there and I suppose this would work for any other U.S. city). From time to time there are good extra discounts (like 10 or 20 dollars off a Groupon). I recently got a 3-month on-line language course with Transparent Language (good course, I used it before). Type 'language courses' in the 'search Groupon box'. Regular price on the Transparent Language website is 90 dollars, Groupon's price is 19 dollars; I applied a '20 dollars off' Groupon code and got it for free. The codes seem to be unique to your e-mail address. Other on-line courses in Office products, TOEFL, etc.

You need to have a PayPal account but it does not get charged, of course. If you try to use a credit card, they will ask for your U.S. address.

• Advertisement
Advertisement