Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do Penney's exchange stuff without receipts?

• 30-12-2016 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

As in unwanted Christmas presents, unused and with tags on? I know in general they don't but I heard before that they have a different policy during the Christmas period.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Escapees wrote: »
    As in unwanted Christmas presents, unused and with tags on? I know in general they don't but I heard before that they have a different policy during the Christmas period.
    I would highly doubt it. How would they know you didn't just pick it up off a rail on the way in? You can try, but don't expect the result you're looking for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I find they nearly always refund or exchange, even without receipts. If the item is now on sale they might just refund you new lower price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

In my recent experience they won't refund or exchange anything without a receipt.

In the past they used to, but they've gotten strict on it now and won't do it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Escapees

In my recent experience they won't refund or exchange anything without a receipt.

In the past they used to, but they've gotten strict on it now and won't do it at all.

Yeah, seems fair enough... Although even with a receipt, I doubt any store would take a return of your username :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

As far as I know they have like a 2 week amnesty around Christmas where they'll refund or exchange with no receipt (for current value). But any other time of the year, not a hope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Sono

If you have no receipts but tags they will give you whatever the item is for sale at right now, so if you bought it for €20 and it's retailing now for €10 then €10 is what you'll get as an exchange but no refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Escapees

Thanks folks - went in to a store and half the country seemed to be in there exchanging Christmas presents without a prob!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I have never had a problem exchanging in Penneys without a receipt. I have never known this to be an issue at any time of the year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I had no problem exchanging without a receipt during the summer.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I have never had a problem exchanging anything without receipt there either. You won't get a refund but definitely an exchange for whatever the sale price of the item is at the time and provided tags are still on the item.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 LEE GAL

I tried to exchange something for my mam without a receipt in Penneys, Mary Street during the summer and they said that policy had changed so that without a receipt, they will now only allow something to be exchanged for the same item in a different size.

However as another poster said, there may be an amnesty in place around the Christmas period and perhaps this supposed policy is not consistently applied anyway.

Advertisement