Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier League Darts 2017

Options
  • 30-12-2016 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭

10 man line up TBA after the world Championship final on Monday 2nd Jan

1 MVG
    2 Gary Anderson
    3 Peter Wright
    4 Phil Taylor

My guess at the other picks are

5 Adrian Lewis
    6 James Wade
    7 RVB
    8 Dave Chisnall
    9 Jelle Klassen
    10 Mensur Suljovic

Daryl Gurney has a chance of getting in if the beats/puts in a huge performance vs MVG. other guys such as Michael Smith, Simon Whitlock, Robert Thornton, Kim Huybreachts, Darren Webster, BVDP and Ian White could get selected too

Starts in Newcastle on Thurs 2nd Feb 2017 with 2 players getting eliminated on Thurs 30th March in Cardiff

Dublin starts off the 8 player second round on Thursday 6th April 2017 with Belfast hosting Night 12 on the 20th April. Semi finals and Finals take place in London on the 18th May 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

il eat my own ****e if suljovic gets in
    no chance

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

PTH2009 wrote: »

1 MVG
    2 Gary Anderson
    3 Peter Wright
    4 Phil Taylor

Taylor will actually be in the position of needing a wildcard.

I make it
    1. MVG.
    2. Ando.
    3. Wright.
    4. Lewis.
    with a chance that RVB could be an automatic pick as he can go ahead of Lewis if he wins the Worlds. Will be picked anyway obviously.

Taylor also behind both Wade and Lewis in the rankings. I'm not sure when the cutoff for the World Cup thingy is but at the moment he be out of the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

sc86 wrote: »
    il eat my own ****e if suljovic gets in
    no chance

He has said he would turn it down if he gets in. It does not suit him with all the traveling.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Taylor will actually be in the position of needing a wildcard.

I make it
    1. MVG.
    2. Ando.
    3. Wright.
    4. Lewis.
    with a chance that RVB could be an automatic pick as he can go ahead of Lewis if he wins the Worlds. Will be picked anyway obviously.

Taylor also behind both Wade and Lewis in the rankings. I'm not sure when the cutoff for the World Cup thingy is but at the moment he be out of the team.

2017 could be the last year of Phil Taylor and he might bow out at the 2017/18 World Championships

I can't see Sky/pdc wanting him out of the PL and even if he is not in the top 4 in the rankings he will deff get a wildcard pick

Would not surprise me if they had a England B team or A UK pairing or some crap like that for the world cup so that Phil can play in it, if he is not one of the 2 highest english players in the rankings

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

2017 could be the last year of Phil Taylor and he might bow out at the 2017/18 World Championships

I can't see Sky/pdc wanting him out of the PL and even if he is not in the top 4 in the rankings he will deff get a wildcard pick

Would not surprise me if they had a England B team or A UK pairing or some crap like that for the world cup so that Phil can play in it, if he is not one of the 2 highest english players in the rankings

They changed the system last year after MVG refused to play with Klassen. Barney was brought in after some silly rule was made so as Barney could play with MVG.
    Also looking at Twitter tonight I would be very surprised if Anderson and Wright play together for Scotland next year, Right is digging up ****e that @teamanderson posted last week!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

1 MVG
    2 Gary Anderson
    3 Peter Wright
    4 Phil Taylor

My guess at the other picks are

5 Adrian Lewis
    6 James Wade
    7 RVB
    8 Dave Chisnall
    9 Jelle Klassen
    10 Mensur Suljovic

Daryl Gurney has a chance of getting in if the beats/puts in a huge performance vs MVG. other guys such as Michael Smith, Simon Whitlock, Robert Thornton, Kim Huybreachts, Darren Webster, BVDP and Ian White could get selected too

Starts in Newcastle on Thurs 2nd Feb 2017 with 2 players getting eliminated on Thurs 30th March in Cardiff

Dublin starts off the 8 player second round on Thursday 6th April 2017 with Belfast hosting Night 12 on the 20th April. Semi finals and Finals take place in London on the 18th May 2017

Hybrechts instead sulijovic

MVG
    Anderson
    Wright
    Lewis
    Taylor
    Barney
    Wade
    Chisnall
    Klaasen
    K. Huybrechts

how is huybrechts in?
    had a crap year
    he gets special treatment a good bit

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Good to see Klaasen back in it, has really rediscovered his form in the past two years and it will be interesting when he plays MVG.

Don't agree with Huybrechts, I think I would have given Michael Smith another chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Good to see Klaasen back in it, has really rediscovered his form in the past two years and it will be interesting when he plays MVG.

Don't agree with Huybrechts, I think I would have given Michael Smith another chance.

I would agree there; the pdc/sky need to keep a place for a "knocking on the door" type; we saw it before with vdv/king/klaasen/bunting/webster/huybrechts; but two of them are back in.

Seems a pure line up to sell as many tickets as possible; which is not bad for the players wages but not great for the game long term.

Sky's picks were Barney & Taylor; don't blame them they have to sell 17 weeks of darts to an audience.

The PDC picks were by and large based on order of merit; 5,7,9,13 got in (sky picked 6 taylor & 10 Barney). Assuming Suljovic no 8 declined afaik; 11 Smith & 12 Thorton should feel hard done by.

14 Ian White (well not really) or 15 van De pas would probably been a better play at the huybrechts spot for experience/exposure.

I would however concede that the premier league should be the "Premier League" and in that case; i would question the point of the wildcards. (we all know why they are there taylor/barney).

For it to be truly Premier; the top 10 should be the premier league; it then adds incentives to players to buckle down & aim to get to top 10 for a place as opposed to automatic at top 4.

I can't get excited about 17 weeks drawn out; will i watch it; absolutely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Don't like Klassen or Huybrechts. I can see why Klassen is in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Would've liked to of seen Van De Pas in for that hilarious face he makes when throwing darts alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Would've liked to of seen Van De Pas in for that hilarious face he makes when throwing darts alone.

Surely this point is why Stephen Bunting should automatically be in every single year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

was sure taylor would announce his retirement by now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

was sure taylor would announce his retirement by now

Can see him eyeing up an all out assault on Blackpool, for the retirement gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

With every passing year, this gets more and more boring. Loved the World Champs but I'll probably only watch this muck if I stumble across it while channel surfing!

TbL

yep , big load of rubbish now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

it needs a major overhaul,maybe promotion relegation scenarios , best youths involved,something

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It does get really boring in fairness. I love watching darts but usually fail to stick with this past week 4 or 5. I come back again for the conclusion.

The thing is though it's not going anywhere. It's hugely profitable and is used to fund a good chunk of the floor tournaments on the Pro tour, Challenge tour and Youth tour.

• Advertisement

does anybody really give a fcuk about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

No! I'll probably watch the "Great Mongolian BBQ on Ice Cookoff" with the missus instead :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I love the PL darts! My favourite darts tournament and it's great to have a night of it every week for a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Remember Taylor was trying to make out it was bigger than the WC :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

I usually watch it the 1st week or 2, but then lose interest for a while once the novelty of having live darts back on again wares off. Tune back in near the end, but overall it's way too dragged out. But it gets the crowds in each week, so why would they change it.
    Only thing I think would improve it would be to have it on a Friday night instead. I'd much rather go to/sit down to a night of darts on a Friday rather than a Thursday with work the next day.

Its always a good night when it comes to Dublin, going for the third time this year. Always head back to Waterford after it so dont go mad on the overpriced drink (obv dont drive back lol)

This year Dublin and Belfast will host nights 10 and 12 where only 8 players will remain

Advertisement