Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Firestick?

• 30-12-2016 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

They wont deliver to Ireland and Parcelmotel wont work either as they dont deliver to NI either apparantly so how are people getting their hands on them?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

TheStook wrote: »
    They wont deliver to Ireland and Parcelmotel wont work either as they dont deliver to NI either apparantly so how are people getting their hands on them?

Got mine from Amazon/parcel motel. What makes you think they won't deliver to the North?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

They do deliver it to NI. Just had a look now and it still lets me go through with NI address.

That's also how I got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

I tried again and now it's working, that's odd.

One more thing, Ive never used Parcel Motel before and the NI address they gave me is "1A McKinney Road, Newtownabbey"but Amazon couldnt find that and instead corrected it to "14 McKinney Road, Newtownabbey" So what should I do?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

One more thing, Ive never used Parcel Motel before and the NI address they gave me is "1A McKinney Road, Newtownabbey"but Amazon couldnt find that and instead corrected it to "14 McKinney Road, Newtownabbey" So what should I do?

You can edit the address manually, you don't have to accept the suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭DopeTech

When it cannot find an address it gives you the option of using original address or suggested address. Use the original one.

Just make sure you put your Parcel Motel ID in first and/or last name fields along with your actual name.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Even though it has been clarified that Parcel Motel works. I just thought it might be worth adding this.
    Do not buy from Ebay pre-modded ever. You will have zero comeback from amazon should anything go wrong, and many of the sellers disappear quickly. Add to that that some are already nearly or out of warranty.
    and
    If you find a product on Amazon that will not deliver outside mainland UK, for example to N.I. You can use Address Pal, - An Posts version of parcel wizard/motel, as they have a mainland UK address.

Graham wrote: »
    You can edit the address manually, you don't have to accept the suggestions.

Im sorry but I dont follow you, I can edit the address on Parcel Motel you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Im sorry but I dont follow you, I can edit the address on Parcel Motel you mean?

No, on Amazon when it corrects your address, disagree and choose manual entry.
    Do not let it change your address to the one it suggests. If it already has, you can go back and change the address manually to the correct parcel motel address.

Suckit wrote: »
    No, on Amazon when it corrects your address, disagree and choose manual entry.
    Do not let it change your address to the one it suggests. If it already has, you can go back and change the address manually to the correct parcel motel address.

Ah okay thanks very much, should my unique parcel motel number be the Address line #1? Sorry about all the questions, never used Parcel motel before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Yep that'll work, for my address line 1 I have
    PMXXXX Parcel Motel 1A McKinney Road

• Advertisement
Advertisement