Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can I go in Dublin 2 with space and quiet?

• 30-12-2016 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭

Work is shutting early and i am trying (badly) to get some college work finished in the quiet. If i go home, there are so many distractions and no space, there is no way I will get anything done, and I have a few hours to go yet. Can anyone suggest somewhere quiet where they wont mind me spreading out papers that I can go that is open late in Dublin 2 for me to keep working?
    The college library, unhelpfully, is closed til January

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The grasslands of Merrion Square

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Upstairs in KC Peaches on Dame St (or downstairs in KC Peaches on Naussa St) is very quiet around now. Just buy a coffee and they'll leave you to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

In dublin 2 - go to the hilton hotel. They have seats and tables way down the back of the lobby. Buy a drink in the adjacent bar and you should be ok to take over a table for the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

snubbleste wrote: »
    a tad chilly, and dark this time o' the year ;)

I will check what time KC closes at thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

I was gonna suggest the same but it's already dark and I think they lock the gates early in any case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

Winterlong wrote: »
    In dublin 2 - go to the hilton hotel. They have seats and tables way down the back of the lobby. Buy a drink in the adjacent bar and you should be ok to take over a table for the evening.

That is a good suggestion. Usually quiet in there. The Waterloo pub on Baggot Street is another one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

a tad chilly, and dark this time o' the year ;)
    Torch and a scarf.

Winterlong wrote: »

Thanks, is that the one at the canal beside Charlemont Luas?

Or do you mean the former Burlo?

Torch and a scarf.

I swear your Honour, I was studying :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Dame St is around 8pm and they have electrical sockets under all seats upstairs for laptops, chargers etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Thanks, is that the one at the canal beside Charlemont Luas?

Or do you mean the former Burlo?

The one beside Charlemont luas!

Thanks all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Starbucks have plenty of seating in Stephens Green (also 24hrs) or Westmoreland St. (the side opposite the Westin).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Work is shutting early and i am trying (badly) to get some college work finished in the quiet. If i go home, there are so many distractions and no space, there is no way I will get anything done, and I have a few hours to go yet. Can anyone suggest somewhere quiet where they wont mind me spreading out papers that I can go that is open late in Dublin 2 for me to keep working?
    The college library, unhelpfully, is closed til January

The Clockwork Door

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Public libraries. Churches. Chapels hidden away in shopping centres.

Noise cancelling headphones and listen to instrumental / classical music.

Advertisement