Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cursed Castilla (Maldita Castilla EX)

Options
  • 30-12-2016 8:41pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just discovered this game after people raving about it on HG101 and it being on sale in the steam sale. It's also available on PS4 and Xbox One I believe.

Cursed Castilla is Ghouls n'Ghosts clone but a really great one, far better than that muck Ultimate Gn'G on the PSP. The graphics ape Capcoms CPS1 era style and the music is composed on a Yamaha YM2612 emulator, the same sound chip used in the megadrive and various 80's/90's arcade machines. Take it from a former Ghouls n'Ghosts expert, this game is really great if you want to relive the controller flinging rage these games induce.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Not played Cursed Castilla yet but I absolutely loved Maldita Castilla. I can confirm the rage enduing gameplay but god damn, it's satisfying as all hell.

Maldita Castilla, as well as the rest of Locomalito's freeware games, can be found on his website here too, if you want more retro-inspired goodness.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Cursed Castilla is an update of it so not too much different but it's good to support them since it's such a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Cursed Castilla is an update of it so not too much different but it's good to support them since it's such a great game.

Thanks for the info, I just picked this up.

Advertisement