Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New phone, wanting to get all my data across....

• 30-12-2016 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭

Ok, the wife just took out a new phone, she's moving from a note 3 to an S7 edge.

I have done the nfc data switch, but not everything has ported across.

She has lots of sentimental value items she wants to get across, for example texts from her dead brother, photos in various apps (viber/WhatsApp) etc.

I have booked the note up to the laptop, but there's so many hiding places the varous files can be, its a bloody nightmare.

By the way, a backup of whatsapp mysteriously left a few things short.

Google photos dod not back up all the photos in her gallery either.

I'm wondering is there an app that can port everything across in one or two moves?

Cheers.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Down load Samsung smart switch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Down load Samsung smart switch

I think that was already on new phone, and what I used to switch.

That was a week or two ago now, so am very open to correction.

I will have a look and update you.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

You need that app on both phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Samsung Smart Switch is your answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Download a file manager app, copy all the photos to an internal storage sdcard ,from internal storage / dcim,/
    camera folder .
    or upload them to gdrive ,google drive .
    log on to google drive browse to camera folder .
    If she logs in to whats app from the new phone all the photos,messages should be there .
    if she puts the old sim into the new phone the texts should appear there .
    If the phone is on the same network.
    or do a search phone .internal storage jpeg .
    there maybe photos in a download folder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Use an app called "SMS backup and restore" to backup her messages on her old phone (make sure in the app to backup to google drive or dropbox) , then download the app on the new phone and restore in the same way. All very painless.

To backup all her pictures and videos go to the "Photos" app and open the menu on the left and select device folders. This will show all the pictures with all the folder names above them . To the right of the folder name if the cloud has a line through it tap it and it'll turn blue. That'll upload them to the cloud. Do the same with the rest of the folders.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Advertisement