Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old firm match Dublin 4

Options
  • 30-12-2016 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Hi there
    Was looking for a tip as to where I may be able to watch Celtic match tomorrow in Dublin 4 area tomorrow at 12?
    I need to be in the area for 2pm so city centre not really a possibility.
    Thanks for any tips

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Bandage

howyanow wrote: »
    Hi there
    Was looking for a tip as to where I may be able to watch Celtic match tomorrow in Dublin 4 area tomorrow at 12?
    I need to be in the area for 2pm so city centre not really a possibility.
    Thanks for any tips

Did you get sorted in the end?

I'm in Dublin 2 / 4 and haven't found a regular spot to watch football.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

Bandage wrote: »
    Did you get sorted in the end?

I'm in Dublin 2 / 4 and haven't found a regular spot to watch football.

No ended up using laptop to watch.
    I think slatterys Bath Avenue be a decent spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Square Ball would show football.

• Administrators Posts: 53,836 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It was on in the horse show.

howyanow wrote: »
    No ended up using laptop to watch.
    I think slatterys Bath Avenue be a decent spot.

I'm not a fan of Slattery's due to their attitude towards football fans. They closed on FAI Cup Final day a few years ago as the potential clientele wasn't welcome. Their preference is very much rugby football and they'd often have reruns / replays of these matches showing ahead of live football. That said, I understand the bar manager responsible for this stance has recently moved on.

I prefer The 51 on Haddington Road as they have numerous screens and try to accommodate as many customer viewing requests as possible at any given time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bandage wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of Slattery's due to their attitude towards football fans. They closed on FAI Cup Final day a few years ago as the potential clientele wasn't welcome. Their preference is very much rugby football and they'd often have reruns / replays of these matches showing ahead of live football. That said, I understand the bar manager responsible for this stance has recently moved on.

I've heard this also, ironic a Shelbourne plaque was put up on the wall outside of last year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Slatterys ran a number of promotions to get people there for the World Cup last summer. It's a rugby pub but they seem to embrace football a bit nowadays.

Searsons on Baggot Street is alright for football. Loads of screens and a good bar.

Slattery's softened their stance towards football in recent years alright. Needs must, I guess. The YBIG lads linked up with them and have based themselves there before and after all home Ireland games for the last good while. As has been stated, they'd drinks promotions for the Euros last year too.

But there was a spell around 2007-2011 where they didn't welcome football at all. They'd a "no football" attire rule, often didn't show matches and, as mentioned, they closed on FAI Cup Final day on one occasion during that timeframe. It was when Shamrocks Rovers were involved in a final if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Any Pub in Ringsend. I prefer The Yacht or Clarkes.

Advertisement