Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

404s on touch site

Options
  • 30-12-2016 10:35pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭

All of a sudden I am getting 404 errors when using the touch site on my phone to view my threads.
    I tend to use Chrome but I've also tried using Opera and same 404 errors.

Edit: this was posted using the touch site so those particular pages are obviously ok

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'm having this problem too, I can't access any of my subscribed threads. I'm on IE. I cleared cookies and that worked last week but not today.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Mine seems to have resolved itself.

I got a 404 when posting the above message so I tried posting on the responsive site. That didn't work (looked like it was posting but no post there) so I am now posting on the full site!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

kbannon wrote: »
    Mine seems to have resolved itself.

I got a 404 when posting the above message so I tried posting on the responsive site. That didn't work (looked like it was posting but no post there) so I am now posting on the full site!

It posted fine. All seven times. The touch site attempted to forward you to your post, which appears as 404 since it's not approved yet.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

So there is an issue in terms of 404s: is that what youre saying?
    Anyhow, a message stating that the post was successful would be good and surely is in place so I'm still unsure why a 404 should occur. Has the forum software not been built for post approvals?
    Also, I'm still getting 404s as it turns out. I got one trying to open this thread just now (both from the my threads list andnfrom the Help Desk forum list) and had to resort to the responsive site. This was when opening the thread and not when responding.

Anyhow I'll post this and presumably will get another 404 so won't know if it has worked :/

Any updates on this issue? I'm still getting 404s on my followed threads on the touch site. (Can't access any of my followed threads, I have to go into the forum and find the thread). It'd be nice to get a reply at least.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

The main workaround we know of at the moment is to use incognito mode. Not ideal, but it's something at least for the time being.

The main workaround we know of at the moment is to use incognito mode. Not ideal, but it's something at least for the time being.
    I tried this and it doesn't work, I'm still getting 404s.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

I tried this and it doesn't work, I'm still getting 404s.

If you're still getting this, could you try turning off Chrome's Data Saver. You can do this by opening settings, selecting Wi-Fi under Wireless and Networks, Touch and hold the network marked as Connected, tap Advanced Options, and then under Proxy select None.

Hopefully that helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement