Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found Kindle

Options
  • 30-12-2016 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Kindle found on laurel lodge green in Castleknock tonight, someone might have dropped it getting off train. Clearly used a lot judging by the amount of books read on it so would really like to reunite with its owner, name it is registered to is Brian Friel, no other info. If anyones missing one pm me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Email amazon with the name of it and the code in settings and they can contact the owner

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dunkinrtg

Email amazon with the name of it and the code in settings and they can contact the owner

Thanks, already tried though, they don't help, said to bring it to a local recycling plant so that it can be disposed of in accordance with local regulations....

Amazon won't help? Strange, I used work for them and we used do it all the time.

There should also be an email address under the settings depends on the model but you could always email them yourself

Amazon won't help? Strange, I used work for them and we used do it all the time.

There should also be an email address under the settings depends on the model but you could always email them yourself

No amazon won't help.

Only email address on it is that @kindle.com one, have tried emailing it but not sure how successful that will be, can't say I know how to check my own kindle emails, but hopefully this lad does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Dunkinrtg wrote: »
    No amazon won't help.

Only email address on it is that @kindle.com one, have tried emailing it but not sure how successful that will be, can't say I know how to check my own kindle emails, but hopefully this lad does.

Amazon should be able to link the email address to the person who either bought the kindle or the books on the kindle, by matching the sales to the credit card that was used to make purchases. The credit card or debit card would then be easily matched to the owner of the card, name and address.

Yes I presumed this also but as I have said, they won't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,989 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Yes I presumed this also but as I have said, they won't help.

Drop it into the Gardaí, they might be able to get more information from Amazon as I'm sure there could be data protection issues if they gave contact details to random strangers.

Go into settings, the first thing hat shows up on the older models is registration and it will have the users name. You can also see personal details in personalise your kindle which is about two options down.
    In device options you can also find the serial number
    Like I said amazon won't give you the details of the person and will advise you dispose of it or drop it into local cop shop but they will then email the owner to say your kindle is at address of cop shop here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Thanks, already tried though, they don't help, said to bring it to a local recycling plant so that it can be disposed of in accordance with local regulations....

Please please don't do that!!!!!

I'm in a good few Facebook groups for book lovers, I will post there and see if anyone has lost one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There is a family of that surname (presuming it's genuine) in Clonsilla (source - phone book).

eviltwin wrote: »
    Please please don't do that!!!!!

I'm in a good few Facebook groups for book lovers, I will post there and see if anyone has lost one

Wasn't going to don't worry! Just can't believe amazon could be so unhelpful.

Thanks a million for your help, this guy is certainly a book lover so fingers crossed he is also a member of one of those pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Did you try searching the owners name on Facebook? Narrow it down to people living near where you found it then expand out. Fair play to you, I'd be devastated to lose mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Must belong to this person ?

BRIAN FRIEL
    <snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Nesser

Better to just pm that kind of information.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Some good detective work there bbari and hopefully that's the owner. But for privacy reasons I've removed the details you posted. OP, you can PM bbari to get the details and if you manage to contact the person please let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

OP - I have PM'd you the contact details of a person with the same name.

Advertisement