Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook prostitution

• 30-12-2016 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

As the title indicates I'm not a Facebook fan. But as I checked times for a venue today was diverted to a Facebook page. Having plenty time I clicked on some links - to be completely dismayed by rampant Facebook prostitution - by people who I'd previously held with some regard. Maybe it's me being a fuddy duddy and respecting some kind of privacy - or else have people lost their minds by posting photos of late parents/partners often before they've passed. What next - maybe a like button to show how they looked so well while visiting a relative with dementia? Or to indicate that they cared so much for a loved one in a coffin. Or would the late-to-be relative look good in this coffin? Maybe it's just me trying to rally against this Daily Mail gutter press culture that we've become *rant over*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

U ok hun? xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I thought this would be something very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Whores will have their trinkets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Whores will have their trinkets.

I miss that show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Logo wrote: »
    Maybe it's me being a fuddy duddy and respecting some kind of privacy - or else have people lost their minds by posting photos of late parents/partners often before they've passed.

Posting pics after they've passed would be a bit ghoulish, no? :pac:

However, I think I know what you mean. The banality of some things posted would make you wince. And as for the passing on of distilled wisdom in the form of memes. Jesus wept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Title abit misleading,thought you were going to show pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Logo

Posting pics after they've passed would be a bit ghoulish, no? :pac:

However, I think I know what you mean. The banality of some things posted would make you wince. And as for the passing on of distilled wisdom in the form of memes. Jesus wept.

Posting pics after passing might be a tad ghoulish but I honestly think that posting pics of so-called loved ones during end-of-day/ dementia is downright demeaning and disrespectful. I will prefer to have my nappy changed or my arse wiped without some so-called caring relative with camera at hand. Why visit a relative if all you want is to post your mug online as a do-gooder?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

You know prostitution is an actual thing. It's not that implausible that there would be people prostituting on facebook. There are certain situations where the word could be used metaphorically... this is not one of those situations.

Overall you probably want to tone down the language you're using. Things could escalate very, very quickly if you used this sort of language in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I thought this would be something very different.

Be the change you want to see in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

posting photos of late parents/partners often before they've passed.

And you can actually have sex with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

As the title indicates I'm not a Facebook fan. But as I checked times for a venue today was diverted to a Facebook page. Having plenty time I clicked on some links - to be completely dismayed by rampant Facebook prostitution - by people who I'd previously held with some regard. Maybe it's me being a fuddy duddy and respecting some kind of privacy - or else have people lost their minds by posting photos of late parents/partners often before they've passed. What next - maybe a like button to show how they looked so well while visiting a relative with dementia? Or to indicate that they cared so much for a loved one in a coffin. Or would the late-to-be relative look good in this coffin? Maybe it's just me trying to rally against this Daily Mail gutter press culture that we've become *rant over*

I don't really follow this post, but how can you post a pic of 'late' people before they have passed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Dammit I thought it was actual links to prostitutes on facebook, not facebooking attention whores :-(

Advertisement