Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay as you go meter not topping up correctly

Options
  • 30-12-2016 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi.

We have a pay as you go meter. And the last 4 times we have topped up by 10e only 7.50 has been added. This is really not acceptable.

We sent an email on the 22/12/2016 tracking number: 404712598

We are still waiting for a reply or resolve for this. Can someone please contact us asap?

Kind regards

Glen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Glen,

Thanks for getting in touch.

It can take several working days to receive an email response to a query, due to the large volume of emails received on a daily basis.

Could you advise if you have a gas Pay As You Go meter, or an electricity Pay As You Go meter with Electric Ireland? Where there is an outstanding balance on a Pay As You Go meter, the meters are set to automatically take 25% of each top-up until this outstanding balance has been cleared.

Once the balance has been cleared from the meter no further amount will be debited from the top-ups, unless standing charges or Emergency Credit are outstanding on the meter.

If you would like to discuss the balance on your meter, we would recommend calling the Electric Ireland Pay As You Go Customer Service team on 1850 372 372. They are available to call from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday, excluding public holidays.

Should you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

Hi Brige,
    It is electricity Pay As You Go meter. we always top up weekly.
    the beeping alarm has gone off twice since we have had the meter. but have topped up straight away.
    I don't think we ever went in to emergency credit. is there a way to tell?

Glen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Glen,

Thank you for getting back to us.

There are only two reasons why money would be deducted immediately following a top-up.

The first is in the case of standing charges, Emergency Credit or excess electricity used during the Credit Friendly hours. This will always need to be paid in full on the next top-up. If you check the balance on the meter before you top-up, you will be able to determine if there is any charges owing for these reasons.

The second is in relation to the balance on your account on the day your Pay As You Go meter was installed or activated. There will always be a gap between the date the customer registers with Electric Ireland and the date the meter is installed or activated. The balance on the Electric Ireland account on the day the meter is installed or activated is added to the meter to be deducted at 25% of every top-up. Once this balance is fully cleared, the total top-up will be applied to the meter with no deductions.

Was the meter in the property prior to you moving in or was the meter installed as per your request? Did you clear any balance owing on the Electric Ireland account prior to the installation?

We have limited access to the Pay As You Go system here on Boards. In order to get account specific information or check if there is a balance, we would recommend that you contact our colleagues in the Pay As You Go department on 1850 372 372.

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.
    Aoife

________

The speed at which my query is been dealt with is terrible. I have been contact with EI most of the morning and the communication between the teams is less then satisfying. The fact that I can not even get an guess to why this would be happening and the fact that I was even onto credit control who could not help as it is a PAYG account as they only deal with bill pay and I believe that they are part of the problem but can't help at all and couldn't transfer me to someone on the PAYG team.
    I have to now wait about week before this is even looked at.
    After logging into our EI account online which we haven't used in over a year since switching to pre-pay to find our old address as our main address and our new address as 2nd. Even though we were onto EI about this over a year ago.
    I am very unhappy and I would like an email address and phone number to file a compliant please?
    can you provide me with one? 
    Glen

Hi again Glen,

We are sorry to read of your unhappiness with your customer experience.

Did you speak to a member of the Pay As You Go team when you called or was a callback request logged? We must advise you that 1850 372 372 is the only number that you can contact the team on. If a member of the Pay As You Go team does not pick up the call, you will be transferred to them provided there is an agent available. They are experiencing very heavy call volumes at the moment. We regret any inconvenience.

Any agent that does not have full access to the Pay As You Go system would not be able to advise you in relation to any balances. As such, we can only advise you in general terms.

The email address for all customer service related queries is service@electricireland.ie.

We would be happy to correct any error in relation to your address.

If you would like us to update the address, please provide us with the following information:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We must also make you aware that we do not recommend that Pay As You Go customers use the Electric Ireland Online Billing account as this will not give an accurate reflection of your balance. Instead, this will be issued via Pay As You Go statements between one and three times a year.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Advertisement

Aoife,
    we first tried e-mail and never got a reply.
    I have rang that number, spoken to 3 of your agents and also someone in credit control who also could not help as they were not the PAYG team but couldn't connect me to someone. The only thing that has changed is my address which was done by the 4th person I spoke to.
    My PAYG Statement says €0.00 owned which I received yesterday.  I have checked the online billing account today just to see what is going on or if it could give me an answer and this is where the problem is. It is issuing me bills apparently.
    I have now have to wait a week to hear from someone in order to begin the process of getting this rectified.

Glen

Hi Glen,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Did you receive a confirmation email? All emails will go into a queue to be answered as soon as possible. Most emails take between three and five working days to be responded to. There may also be a backlog due to the Christmas period as the office was closed for a number of days.

When you called did you speak to a member of the Pay As You Go team or was a callback requested? We need more information in relation to why you were advised that you need to wait a week.

In relation to the Electric Ireland Online Billing account, we assure you that you can disregard the bills on your online account as they will not be up to date unless the account has been closed and all payments have been taken into account. As such, they are not compatible with the Pay As You Go system.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

yes we received a confirmation email 3 weeks ago.
    yes spoke to 3 members of the PAYG team. each one said the same thing reading from the 1st person I dealt with. they have passed on information to Credit Control and was informed that it that they be in touch by Tuesday next week.
    well that seems to be the problem we wanted to close account after fully paying our outstanding bill. but were told there is no need to. we had no outstanding bills when we switched to PAYG. There is confirmation of that on our end and EIs end. every statement that we have received has indicated that we have a €0.00 balance including most recent one which was received on Tuesday. I was told that a letter was sent out on the 8/12/2016 which we never received about these "charges" that we have incurred. yet the statement issue dated 12/12/2016 we did states nothing is owned.

Hi again Glen,

Thank you for confirming that for us,

If you would like us to liaise with the Pay As You Go team to check the status of your query, please send us the following details by private message:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

have sent you a PM Aoife.
    Glen

• Advertisement
Advertisement