Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did Amazon's Alexa Witness a Murder?

• 31-12-2016 1:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭

Listened to this on American news and thought it amazing that potentially, if you were being attacked at home,you could shout "Alexa" and she should start listening and recording.

Link

It is interesting in that technology is increasingly being used to encroach into private lives by authorities and will continue to do so.
    I think in a murder case, the recordings should be released to police.

Interested to hear the opinions of users here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Very interesting indeed. Wonder if Amazon will give up the data.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Surely it's no more peculiar than switching on a video recorder or for that matter dialing for the police? :confused:

Do you work for Amazon?
    I think in a murder case, the recordings should be released to police.

Are you joking? In a murder investigation? A murder investigation you're asking that question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

No, I don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

I like Cake

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

uch wrote: »
    I like Cake

The cake is a lie.

• Advertisement

Listened to this on American news and thought it amazing that potentially, if you were being attacked at home,you could shout "Alexa" and she should start listening and recording.

I think I'd use my time plotting how to live to tell the tale myself...

Advertisement