Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you going out tonight?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭GritBiscuit

Going to a friend's, rather than pubbing and clubbing "out"...best of both worlds - out the house, good fun and also BYOB - yay! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Because you can't go out without a tan in an Irish December/January!

It's a bizarre Irish phenomenon. Girls from other countries don't get it and think it's the weirdest thing.
    I live with 2 nz girls and they think it's so weird.

We live in Ireland. You're meant to be white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

I'm not heading out tonight, this will be the first year in about 10 years that I haven't gone one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah going to the local with family its a bit of a tradition to spend new years with family I don't usually drink much but I'll always have a drink with my mam and dad on new years you only get one set of parents so I'll always go out to be with them :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

It's a bizarre Irish phenomenon. Girls from other countries don't get it and think it's the weirdest thing.

Well we're not meant to be feckin' orange like Donald Trump unless it's the 12th July in certain parts of the island!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I'm not heading out tonight, this will be the first year in about 10 years that I haven't gone one.

You'll notice the difference :)
    Come 12:30am you'll be thankful you didn't go out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I saw tinted moisturiser in your bathroom last week!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Secretly delighted my friends are all either staying in, working or away. Looking forward to a beer or two tonight and then when I wake up in the morning I'll be fresh as a daisy.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I saw tinted moisturiser in your bathroom last week!! :rolleyes:

I need to even out my tan lines alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Pay a visit to Whitley Bay, Newcastle. You'll see 40 shades of pale over there. Doesn't matter what season it is either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Don't think so. Crowded bars/clubs do not appeal to me. Will stay in and watch TV with himself I'd say.

Might get a pizza in the pub down the road (Fran Well in Cork...they have lovely pizza!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

All my mates are gone out to the other side of the country.

Bummer :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Elemonator wrote: »
    All my mates are gone out to the other side of the country.

Bummer :(

Jeez, that's a fairly extreme length to go to, just to avoid you!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I went out for smokes. Home now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Having a party in my place. Just got the last of the nibbles, pizza and prosecco. Cannot wait. It's been a great 2016 and Im looking forward to seeing in 2017.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Agricola wrote: »
    Jeez, that's a fairly extreme length to go to, just to avoid you!

What are the chances that I got sick a few days before, its a conspiracy! :(

Staying in with family for the night and better than the madness that will be in town..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

House party with 25-30 people,know all of them well,good people, will be a great nights craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Not going out. We are making lots of food, going to watch Jools Holland and im not sure if im bothered or not to have a small few drinks tonight. Im still contemplating it. Hmmmm!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I was invited out but seems like a lot more hassle than anything. Spend half the night trying to figure out where to go. Spend the other half complaining about where you ended up because it's "too busy/expensive/crowded/long a wait to grab a drink".

Doesn't even begin to cover the battle for taxi's home. Nightmare.

I'm happy enough to chill on a few homebrews and play the Playstation in all honesty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Having a party in my place. Just got the last of the nibbles, pizza and prosecco. Cannot wait. It's been a great 2016 and Im looking forward to seeing in 2017.

A wonderfully positive post, Happy New Year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I went out on the p!ss for the day and am at home now, in pjs with a proper sized glass of wine and sh!te on the tv. I hate NYE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm going to a gig and then a house party it's a sh!t night for going to clubs or bars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Just decided. Going for grub

Maybe a drink.
    Exciting times

We weren't out at all over xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I'm staying in. I usually go out for NYE but always regret it. It's too busy and impossible to get a taxi home :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭GreenFolder2

Nobody I know is going out ... So I'm having a boring NYE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

nope haven't been out in about 12 years on nye.it's a brutal night out.either night before or night after are better nights out.actually new years day is a good day to go for a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

The type of night you can have on NYE can very much depend on where you live.

When I lived in London I recall it was so hideous and overpriced that for years I would work that night to avoid it all. Sky news are drumming up NYE in London, but in my experience it's a hideous place to be.

In the medium sized irish town I live in now, nowhere is extremely packed or has too much of hectic atmosphere and thus can be quite enjoyable without having to spend too much money.

Edit: I'm def going stout tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

So I am home from the local pub now.

Went at about 7.30 and it was very quiet. By 8.15 all the glam rockers and young wans had arrived. Gas looking at the clobber.

By the time we left it was heaving.

Glad to be home TBH. Being young once is enough!

bobskii wrote: »
    nope haven't been out in about 12 years on nye.it's a brutal night out.either night before or night after are better nights out.actually new years day is a good day to go for a few.

If you haven't been out in 12 years how do you know it's a brutal night??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Because the 15 odd years before that nye were shyte so if they hadn't changed before that I doubt they have now.I've been taxi for family for a few of them and from what I've seen nothing has changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Phil.x

No, I hate this day, all ways have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

No never go out on New Years ,just had dinner, finished off the ****e from Xmas and heading to bed in short, no one tell me I don't know how to rock out on New Years

Going out on these nights really depends on who you go out with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Oh and Happy New Year to everyone. Haven't a clue who you all are, but my sentiments apply anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭XavierBoThang

Myself and my sister feeling pretty smug right now, sat on the sofa with a glass of bubbles, looking out at the lashing rain

Already in bed, wife sound asleep beside me. Good night and happy new year

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Staying in. My going out days - especially at New Years - are long over. Don't really miss it - places too packed, rip off prices, impossible to get a taxi home etc. But I do like to stay up and ring in the new year and watch the fireworks in London on the telly.

Happy New Year all!:)

Playing chess with the missus and taking a valium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Poxy fireworks. Now have to listen to house alarms for the next 4 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Poxy fireworks. Now have to listen to house alarms for the next 4 hours.

Do you live up the road from me? The local Polish community love the auld fireworks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

zerks wrote: »
    Do you live up the road from me? The local Polish community love the auld fireworks.

Bit inconsiderate of people with babies!

Thank God I only have to worry about the dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bit inconsiderate of people with babies!

They'll run out of them soon. I'm sitting in tonight. The missus went for dinner and drinks with her girlfriends and is welcome to it. I'm happy enough at home watching stuff I like in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I really am glad I am not out tonight because right about now the pubs in town are closing and the nightmare begins.

After years of going out on the night I find you really appreciate things when you don't go out.

Town was thee same as usual last night if anyone was wandering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Graces7 wrote: »
    Be glad you are in Ireland not Scotland.. I was on a small northern isle many years with no pub and no police... What went on at Hogmanay you would hardly believe .... And the day after...

go on....tell ??????????????????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Well I had a great night, Dublin was pretty much just like another Saturday night. Let the toxin purge begin. Drying out will be tough!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

you know what i ended up doing at the stroke of midnight???

......cutting my finger nails.......i kid you not

//now how sad is that

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

fryup wrote:
    you know what i ended up doing at the stroke of midnight???

fryup wrote:
    ......cutting my finger nails.......i kid you not

fryup wrote:
    //now how sad is that

Fryup, get a life, would you?!?!?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement