Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Middlesborough 31/12/16 k/o 15.00 SS5 Irl.

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I feel tired after that, it was hard work, they fought and ended up with a team one might play on FIFA 17 which did the job.
    That was a game for the emotions.
    Zlatan's goal :D
    then disallowed :( :mad:
    Boro score :eek: :rolleyes: :(
    Martial scores :D:)
    Pogba scores :pac::D :cool:

It was never in doubt :cool: :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

48 hours till West Ham. Lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Probably the right result in fairness but I feel a bit sorry for Middleborough after defending so well all game to switch off for 3 minute's and be punished twice.

I think Rashford changed the game when he came on and funny enough Jose only seemed to bring him on in response to going 1-0 down. Martial also had a very good game.

I enjoyed the game anyway and was a good game to watch.

Boro went so narrow though they just left him have the ball to run at them. It would have been a miracle if they held on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Dunno who I want to win the next game on BT. That was the most enjoyable utd win in a very long time. Delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Great result and fully deserved.
    The sad wum ****ers cleared outta here fairly sharpish ,pathetic stuff from the usual suspects.

• Advertisement

Surely a draw later is the best result. With loads of red cards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Another straight forward win.

Shame the thread emptied again around the time of the goals - would have been great to discuss this Man Utd win with more posters.

Didn't see any opposition fans say anything too inflamatory? I (LFC fan) followed the tread as I'm not near a TV, and am still here now. Does it just suit the narrative now to speak of thread emptying when Utd or Pool, or whoever, have a comeback win? I thought the posters here were reasonably well behaved considering the way the game panned out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

niallo27 wrote: »
    Boro went so narrow though they just left him have the ball to run at them. It would have been a miracle if they held on.

They don't concede that often so I was surprised they switched off for those 3-4 minutes. I agree they went very narrow and I think taking Downing off gave Valencia more space on the right to attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

TheDoctor wrote:
    48 hours till West Ham. Lovely

Can't wait. Should be a tough one though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

yabadabado wrote: »
    Great result and fully deserved.
    The sad wum ****ers cleared outta here fairly sharpish ,pathetic stuff from the usual suspects.

Stay classy

• Advertisement

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Didn't see any opposition fans say anything too inflamatory? I (LFC fan) followed the tread as I'm not near a TV, and am still here now. Does it just suit the narrative now to speak of thread emptying when Utd or Pool, or whoever, have a comeback win? I thought the posters here were reasonably well behaved considering the way the game panned out.

Of course they were but it's normal to mention it 14 times anyway.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Another straight forward win.

Shame the thread emptied again around the time of the goals - would have been great to discuss this Man Utd win with more posters.

No narrative, not going to call people out but you can see the usual names disappearing when the goals go in.

Look at the total number of comments on the match threads we've had the last few weeks and compare to today. Even allowing for the game having more talking points the comment count difference speaks volumes.

No narrative, not going to call people out but you can see the usual names disappearing when the goals go in.

Look at the total number of comments on the match threads we've had the last few weeks and compare to today. Even allowing for the game having more talking points the comment count difference speaks volumes.

So what though does that not make winning all the sweeter. There for a few harmless posts but nothing to get worked up about.

Stay classy

I will, I hope you are capable of it.

Only specking the truth,a certain few posters try to ruin every match thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

So what though does that not make winning all the sweeter. There for a few harmless posts but nothing to get worked up about.

As always you're only here to discuss....thanks for your valuable input

I don't mind fans of our rivals being happy when we are losing, it is not like we aren't happy when their team is losing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

RobertKK wrote: »
    I don't mind fans of our rivals being happy when we are losing, it is not like we aren't happy when their team is losing.

I'm glad I'd a decent match to watch. Other option was to talk to visitors :pac:

RobertKK wrote: »
    I wouldnt be spending time in another match thread constantly looking for bites.It is very odd behavior.

As always you're only here to discuss....thanks for your valuable input

No worries kid.

Sure why would I be getting g worked up? Just had a great last minute win.

The only people getting worked up are the posters who don't like being called out over their usual appearances when Utd are behind.

They've been missed the last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Yeah, the thread may have more posts than other recent Utd game threads, but not sure what that has to do with anything really. The original comment was that the thread emptied once Utd turned the game around. I don't think that's the case - I still see the same posters posting! No biggie, it's a good win for Utd, fair play to them, they're on a good run.

yabadabado wrote: »
    I wouldnt be spending time in another match thread constantly looking for bites.It is very odd behavior.

True, but I like to think like Glenn Hoddle in these cases in that karma exists :pac:

Sure why would I be getting g worked up? Just had a great last minute win.

The only people getting worked up are the posters who don't like being called out over their usual appearances when Utd are behind.

They've been missed the last few weeks.

Why bring it up so. Several posters have made a big deal of posters going quiet and the thread emptying.

You seem to be the one pushing it

If Zlatans goal had stood this thread would have 4/5 pages less of comments. We all know why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Stay classy

Huh? Nothing wrong with his post. Loads others would love to say it... But this is the internet and it attracts lonely sad finger hammer keyboard poo stirrers.

The bigger the club the more stool monsters want to fire liccle nuggets of brown from the comforts of their daddy's laptop (at least you'd hope they're not fully grown adults)

I keep responding to your questions. If you don't want it brought up you can simply stop asking me about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If Zlatans goal had stood this thread would have 4/5 pages less of comments. We all know why

Because there wouldn't be a contentious decision to discuss? :pac:

Nalz wrote: »
    Huh? Nothing wrong with his post. Loads others would love to say it... But this is the internet and it attracts lonely sad finger hammer keyboard poo stirrers.

The bigger the club the more stool monsters want to fire liccle nuggets of brown from the comforts of their daddy's laptop (at least you'd hope they're not fully grown adults)

Well that closes that thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Well that closes that thread.

Ah no, stay.

Tell us more about Zlatan.

We love your little stories.

limnam wrote: »
    Ah no, stay.

Tell us more about Zlatan.

We love your little stories.

When someone is on about poo and finding poo on his father's laptop things have taken a turn for the worst.

• Thread needs some Pogba
    A nothing player bill

1_486607.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just caught the analysis with Lawro on today fm,he called the disallowed goal a "joke decision".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

If things stay the way they're now we're 3 points of 3rd in december

not a bad turn around

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Thread needs some Pogba
    A nothing player bill

1_486607.jpg

He's a cod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

When someone is on about poo and finding poo on his father's laptop things have taken a turn for the worst.

Wow. You can't read or interpret posts correctly... Or are you stirring the slush and slinging it wildly?

Advertisement