Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who would be your favorite musician/vocalist/roadie/groupie and why?

• 31-12-2016 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭

For absolutely no reason at all I just started to wonder who was my favorite person in rock/metal and why? Obviously changes over time and that but still.

Is/was it because of their:

Talent?
    Charisma?
    Attitude?
    Level of assholeness?
    Humour?
    Intensity?
    Personal experience?
    Mix of everything?
    Band's brilliance?

From a young age (I've started sitting at gigs to give you some idea) I was enamored with various musicians/vocalists for various reasons as we all probably were.

* Dee Snider: One of my first foray's into the world of metal was TS's earlier releases. And Dee just looked mayhemic. As for the videos they were iconic to a young boy.

* A younger Hetfield (Had the torn jeans and shaved undercut ala Hetfield and Newsted) was a definite. Obvious enough, the prime favorite for a teenage metalhead.

* Freddy Mercury. Primarily based on his talent/showmanship. Even before I understood sexuality the man stood out. Fortunately I'm not bothered by sexuality anyway. Imagine if he hadn't passed away?

My outright personal favorite though would have to be Jeff Walker of Carcass fame. Fan of the band since the beginning and have seen them 7 times. Had the pleasure of pinting with him one night until the very early hours and he is an extremely engaging and nice guy. Comes across very dry and smarmy and he is, but in a uniquely intriguing way. Fantastic on stage and doesn't generally give a ****. Plus he formed Carcass.

'Thank you. It's always a great pleasure to be back in the land of chocolates and pedophiles'. Jeff Walker - Graspop Festival Belgium 2010

So. Anyone want to share anything or has this already been done?

Happy New Years by the way.

Advertisement