Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Priority board Question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,097 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Hate to break the bad news but that shower is a bit of a lemon. I've taken some of these out still under warranty. They are mains fed for starters so you must have good mains pressure. If the walls are insulated or plasterboard has foil back the signal doesn't work well or at all. I'm a huge triton fan but digital electric is a bit of a disaster. Digital power shower is a different matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gashmuncher

According to the wiring diagram both showers should have power going to them under normal circumstances. Your shower should be working. Where are the neutrals connected? The contractor simply cuts power from the non priority shower when the current sensing device detects 10 or more amps being used by the priority shower. If wired correctly the shower should be working. Check that you have 220 volts at the input terminals of the shower unit that is installed. This check needs to be done with a proper voltmeter. A phase tester is not a accurate indication that the correct power is available. (Will still light with no neutral) If you have the correct voltage going into the shower, the unit itself is at fault. The fact that one shower is not fitted should not make any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Bullish

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Hate to break the bad news but that shower is a bit of a lemon. I've taken some of these out still under warranty. They are mains fed for starters so you must have good mains pressure. If the walls are insulated or plasterboard has foil back the signal doesn't work well or at all. I'm a huge triton fan but digital electric is a bit of a disaster. Digital power shower is a different matter.

Yes they are , i have changed this one to electric connection , you only need a new interface card and new remote card , an rj45 cable connects both and i haven't had an issue since ( about 8 months ago) prior the wireless connection was a nightmare, it was under 200 yoyos for the kit to modify it , either that or i was going to rip it out. The triton Tech in manooth helped me out with the new parts required ( they know of the issue the wireless connection)
    I was in the attic resetting the damn thing many times.
    slightly off topic to my original question

According to the wiring diagram both showers should have power going to them under normal circumstances. Your shower should be working. Where are the neutrals connected? The contractor simply cuts power from the non priority shower when the current sensing device detects 10 or more amps being used by the priority shower. If wired correctly the shower should be working. Check that you have 220 volts at the input terminals of the shower unit that is installed. This check needs to be done with a proper voltmeter. A phase tester is not a accurate indication that the correct power is available. (Will still light with no neutral) If you have the correct voltage going into the shower, the unit itself is at fault. The fact that one shower is not fitted should not make any difference.

Thanks gusher , 220v ( fluke meter) at the mains terminal , all wired correctly i think ( have rechecked a few times ) Primary and secondary live and neutrals go where they should. only thing i could think of was too low a draw to the secondary to turn it on , it makes sense what your saying though

Update : Found it gashmuncher , you are correct , the output to the shower was 220v the switch in the main bathroom went faulty conveniently when i wired the demand unit , i was sure it was a panel problem
    thanks for the explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 17,097 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Bullish wrote:
    Yes they are , i have changed this one to electric connection , you only need a new interface card and new remote card , an rj45 cable connects both and i haven't had an issue since ( about 8 months ago) prior the wireless connection was a nightmare, it was under 200 yoyos for the kit to modify it , either that or i was going to rip it out. The triton Tech in manooth helped me out with the new parts required ( they know of the issue the wireless connection) I was in the attic resetting the damn thing many times. slightly off topic to my original question

Sounds like you've turned it into a decent shower so. It was the wireless part that causes the trouble. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

According to the wiring diagram both showers should have power going to them under normal circumstances.

That is correct. Two showers will run together if the priority one is running with no elements on, for example.

Awesome all sorted ,
    thanks guys i wasn't sure how the board worked with the current sensing.
    I thought we would have to use the power switches to switch the board over ,
    this is much simpler .
    Thanks again

Advertisement