Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corny Keg Lids

• 31-12-2016 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi, got 2 cornys recently. One seals perfectly, the other doesn't, when I look at the lid and the Keg opening it looks as if the opening is a tad wider. I thought these were universal fittings. Has anyone came across different sized openings on there kegs/lids etc. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

have yo swapped the lids to see if the "good" one seals on both? could just be the seals need replacing

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭BPH

stecleary wrote: »
    have yo swapped the lids to see if the "good" one seals on both? could just be the seals need replacing

Lids are exact same, both seal one perfectly, other opening is wider for some reason. I must measure to be exact, prob couple mm or more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

BPH wrote: »
    Hi, got 2 cornys recently. One seals perfectly, the other doesn't, when I look at the lid and the Keg opening it looks as if the opening is a tad wider. I thought these were universal fittings. Has anyone came across different sized openings on there kegs/lids etc. Thanks.

They general need bit of gas pressure to fully seal them. But you do get some that will seal on there own.

oblivious wrote: »
    They general need bit of gas pressure to fully seal them. But you do get some that will seal on there own.

I'll try it but just letting it over with water in it, water was flowing out of it. Don't think extra pressure will seal this. Prob wider o ring.

I'll try it but just letting it over with water in it, water was flowing out of it. Don't think extra pressure will seal this. Prob wider o ring.

Can you post a pic?

A number of my kegs will leak from the lid until i put around 10 pis in the keg to seal it

• Advertisement

Can you post a pic?

A number of my kegs will leak from the lid until i put around 10 pis in the keg to seal it

Both pics attached. One is holding seal when tilted over with water in perfectly, the other one isn't doing much. Thought it was damaged but looks good, no dents etc on it.

I've attached couple pictures, one is the one that hold seal with and without pressure. The other is the problem one. I'm thinking larger o rings or add leverage under the 2 lid lever feet.

I've them attached again, somehow I'd the same one saved twice. Should be right this time.

I've attached couple pictures, one is the one that hold seal with and without pressure. The other is the problem one. I'm thinking larger o rings or add leverage under the 2 lid lever feet.

Ok thanks for the pics. I have had lids like No 2, but they always sealed with pressure :confused:

I would look at getting some new o rings

Ok thanks for the pics. I have had lids like No 2, but they always sealed with pressure :confused:

I would look at getting some new o rings

I've new O rings ordered that was just to have. TBH the ones on it look perfect. The joys of it.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement