Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you completed? (2017 Edition)

Options

Comments

Thread can be pointless at times with people just listing what games they have completed. Who cares?

Give your thoughts on the games as well ffs

@da gamer I'm looking at you. You do the same every year. Who cares about your list. Give your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

My Name Is Mayo (PS4)

Give it a go I was told. It only costs a dollar and I have two dollars doing nothing on my US PSN account so why not.

What can I say? Completed in 40 minutes. Don't bother unless you are a trophy whore. You literally tap a jar of mayonnaise 10,000 times

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

Thread can be pointless at times with people just listing what games they have completed. Who cares?

Give your thoughts on the games as well ffs

@da gamer I'm looking at you. You do the same every year. Who cares about your list. Give your thoughts.

A bit harsh mate. dagamer happens to be a fairly quiet individual who isn't very good with the social aspect of boards. If he doesn't want to give a description, it's not against the law. Take a chill pill. I care about his list, as do others. Lay off. At least he contributes. Consider other people's abilities when it comes to things like writing and spelling yeah? Focus on gaming.

Exactly what it says in the title. Post any games you complete in 2017, and please give a brief review.

Did you not say this at the start of the thread?

Don't see - Just list your completed games.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

A bit harsh mate. dagamer happens to be a fairly quiet individual who isn't very good with the social aspect of boards. If he doesn't want to give a description, it's not against the law. Take a chill pill. I care about his list, as do others. Lay off. At least he contributes. Consider other people's abilities when it comes to things like writing and spelling yeah? Focus on gaming.

Ty

• Advertisement

Did you not say this at the start of the thread?

Don't see - Just list your completed games.

Yes, but I didn't say "Give a brief review or otherwise receive negative comments from cactusmac88".

Giving reviews or descriptions isn't a rule, just an option.

Let's get back to gaming and not have a row over dagamers (welcome) contribution to the thread. Keep up the good work dagamer, I'm enjoying seeing what games you've completed.

Yes, but I didn't say "Give a brief review or otherwise receive negative comments from cactusmac88".

Giving reviews or descriptions isn't a rule, just an option.

Let's get back to gaming and not have a row over dagamers (welcome) contribution to the thread. Keep up the good work dagamer, I'm enjoying seeing what games you've completed.

Tyvm

da gamer wrote: »
    Ty

You're welcome pal. Keep doing your best.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Rimworld.
    Insofar as on can be said to have completed Rimworld. I got all my colonists offworld, but that's not really the point. Great little lost-colony simulator, brutal at times, unforgiving, strangely gut-wrenching emotionally at times. You get attached to your little peons and pets/animals... and then you go and lock a husband and wife prisoner in a sealed room to see who will eat the other first. You know, if you want.

Grim Dawn.
    Quality ARPG, Diablo 2 esque in it's skill point system, very grim setting for the lore, fun combat and classe system (you can dual-class and mix/match skills from each class, which is bloody lovely).

Both highly recommended.

Alright mate @spookmaster :rolleyes:

Take "give a brief review" out of your OP if you know what some posters are like.

• Advertisement

Alright mate @spookmaster :rolleyes:

Take "give a brief review" out of your OP if you know what some posters are like.

I'll leave it as it is. You're starting to troll now mate, the mods will have to deal with you. Just leave it now and stick to the topic: games.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (PC) - the opening message says this game will not hold your hand and it definitely sticks to that ethos. I consulted a walkthrough more than once I'm sad to admit, but there is so much to explore in a game that is relatively short. Easily one of the top 5 most breathtaking games I've ever played in terms of graphics, every movement would have warranted a screen grab. Walking simulator/puzzle/Lovecraftian horror game, this game is not for the impatient, but stick with it because the ending is brilliant. 8/10.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (WiiU) -
    After numerous attempts at that final boss, I finished it. The most difficult, most challenging, most rewarding and most fun platformer I've ever played, I smiled the whole way through. Notoriously tough, this game will have your heart pumping from start to finish. An amazing gaming experience. 10/10!

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS4) - Another incredible installment in the greatest action-adventure video game series ever. As cinematic as its predecessors, the set-pieces are bigger and better than 1 and 2, and the score is absolutely brilliant. The game isn't perfect, with quite a few (small) glitches (the cover system lets the game down as it did with its predecessor), but the experience makes up for all that. I'm looking forward to playing the fourth and final installment, but I'm not looking forward to saying goodbye to the wonderful characters Naughty Dog have created. A great game. 9/10.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4) - And so with Uncharted 4: A Thief's End comes the final chapter in gaming's greatest adventure series. And what a send-off it is! Graphically the best looking game I've ever played, it sees the characters we have grown to love explore an emotional depth not present in many other video games. The action set-pieces are bigger and better than ever before, and the game gives any Hollywood blockbuster a run for its money. The game is structured perfectly, starting with a bang and ending with one of the most satisfying pay-offs I've ever seen. Simply put, Uncharted 4 is one of the greatest games ever made. This is what a perfect video game looks like. 10/10.

DOOM (PS4) - non-stop, heart-poundingly intense action from one of gaming's most legendary franchises. There is no stopping and getting into cover in this absolute onslaught of action, which is what sets DOOM apart from its contemporaries. Some may grow tired of the linear gameplay, but I just wanted more and more. An incredible achievement. 9.5/10.

Adding:

Battletoads Arcade (part of Rare Replay, Xbox One) - This was a brilliant button bashing side-scrolling beat-'em-up like Streets of Rage, but with a surprising amount of variety in its short campaign. Lovely sprites and colourful characters made it a genuinely fun experience, cheers to fellow boardsie dagamer for helping me finish it. 8/10.

Gears of War 4 - Xbox 1
    Quantum Break - Xbox 1
    Battletoads Arcade - Xbox 1

Halo 4 - Xbox 1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Goin through my backlog

PC
    Shovel Knight Very good, I was never a big platformer or 2d platformer guy for that matter, never owned a SNES/NES.
    I love the soundtrack, story is good too for what it is. Controls very well

SuperHot Friend gifted it to me, quite short, the concept is great. I'd love to try it on VR...I hear it's amazing on that too.

Update

Dark Souls 1
    Dark Souls 2

Goin through my backlog

PC
    Shovel Knight Very good, I was never a big platformer or 2d platformer guy for that matter, never owned a SNES/NES.

SuperHot Friend gifted it to me, quite short, the concept is great. I'd love to try it on VR...I hear it's amazing on that too.

Update

Dark Souls 1
    Dark Souls 2

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Phoneix Wright: Ace Attorney -3DS: I enjoyed this a lot. Very simple but addictive game. I liked the humour and figuring out which pieces of evidence to use when trying to win various cases.

It is pretty repetitive but I had a good time with it anyway.

2017 Completed Games to Date:

PS4
    Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

3DS
    Japanese Rail Simulator 3D
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Xbox One
    Gears of War 4

Xbox 360
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Finished Dark Souls 3, my god such a hard slog :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Spent as much time online doing research than I did playing.

PC
    Hatred
    Middle-Earth: Shadow Of Mordor
    COD:IW
    Deadpool
    Doom 3
    Portal
    Trine
    Dark Souls 3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The Crew (PC) - An alright driving game. A nice freebie, I don't think I'd have bought it. The number of buy-this-DLC-to-continue hooks annoyed me and bogged down the experience. It made me stick to one car the whole game, and just do the story missions and the odd skills challenge I came across. Quite grindy in that regard.

Tried about 30 minutes of the multiplayer when I finished the campaign, but it didn't do anything for me. I barely care for Steam achievements, so Uplay achievements are further down the list. I'd rather have the 25GB SSD space back.

Mass Effect 3 - Xbox 360: Pretty happy that I decided to jump into this series before Andromeda comes out in March. Wasn't sure if I'd really enjoy it but I absolutely loved the story throughout the series.

ME:3 certainly feels like a departure from 1-2 in terms of gameplay. Felt like more of a shooter more than anything. Story still held up and I enjoyed it for the most part.

The waves of enemies felt a little unfair at times but after a good slog I managed to get through it.

Still think ME:2 is my favourite in the series. Nothing can beat that final mission in that game.

PS4

3DS

Xbox One
    Gears of War 4

Xbox 360
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2
    Mass Effect 3

Halo 2 - (MCC) - Xbox One: Had started playing Halo 2 a while back but for whatever reason just didn't pick it back up for a few months later.

I enjoyed the game for the most part though I felt it pretty repetitive towards the end. The Arbiter missions were by far my favourite parts of the game. Loved the stealth feature and sneaking up on enemies before driving a sword through them.

Story itself is ok but my god, what is up with that ending? Ok, I have the Master Chief Collection so continuing on with the story in Halo 3 isn't a big deal but I felt it very rushed and an anti-climax.

Solid enough but felt it repetitive and lacking towards the end.

PS4

3DS

Xbox One
    Gears of War 4
    Halo 2 (MCC)

Xbox 360
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2
    Mass Effect 3

• Advertisement

Played through Deux Ex- Human Revolution. Not a bad game, wasn't too pushed about but it was sitting in my Steam library for a very long time. Very happy to clear it.

PC
    Hatred
    Deadpool
    Doom 3
    Portal
    Trine
    Dark Souls 3
    Deus Ex-Human Revolution

Ryse: Son of Rome is hopefully easy to play through, next.

Gears of War 4 - Xbox 1
    Quantum Break - Xbox 1
    Battletoads Arcade - Xbox 1
    Halo 4 - Xbox 1

Devils Third - Wii U

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

2017 so far:
    PS4|Comment
    Tomb Raider 20th Anniv|mult console crashes
    Dishonored|Corvo Low Chaos
    The Last Guardian|Controls sucked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 monsterhunter

XCOM 2 (PS4) - Loved it and thought the last mission was epic!

Just finished off Ryse: Son Of Rome. Very forgettable game.

PC
    Hatred
    Deadpool
    Doom 3
    Portal
    Trine
    Dark Souls 3
    Deus Ex-Human Revolution
    Ryse: Son of Rome

Goin through my backlog

PC

Update

Dark Souls 1
    Dark Souls 2
    Doom
    Mother Russia Bleeds- (great game....Streets of Rage but on Drugs)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Finally going to put something up. I had a few games nearing completion around christmas when my laptop packed in and had to go to the repair guy for a couple of weeks :(

So far this year i have...

Half life 2: Episode 2 (PC) probably as good as Ep1, nice variety. I wasn't a big fan of the ending where you had to drive over and back the whole time for the bombs.
    Pokemon Pearl (DS) It's pokemon, sure.
    Pokemon Battle Revolution (Wii) It's good when linked to the DS, otherwise sorta pointless.
    Life is Strange (PC) Outstanding game. I thought the quality of episode 5 was a bit lacking compared to 1-4 but overall just an incredable experience and i'll certainly be keeping an eye on Dontnod.
    Final Fantasy IX (PC) Great game even if the PC version seems to have a little bit of slowdown. a masterpiece.
    Mars: War Logs (PC) I liked it, then i hated it, then i liked it again. I should hate this game because it's buggy and unpolished, with the dev's ambitions outstripping their talents/budget but there's something charming about it & i couldn't stop thinking back to it. It has a fantastic world and you can tell Spiders put their heart and soul into it.

Pocket Card Jockey - 3DS: This might be cheating slightly as this particular game doesn't have a definitive ending but I've pretty much had my fun with it at this stage.

A horse racing sim that mixes solitaire and power ups in order to try and win races should not work as a concept for a game but it really does. It's extremely addictive and just when I thought I had mastered it, I get handed a bit ol' slab of humble pie.

I'll likely pick it up and play it every now and again but I have sunk about 15 hours or so into it already.

Simple design but probably one of the best games I have on my 3DS which is saying a lot.

PS4

3DS
    Pocket Card Jockey

Xbox One
    Gears of War 4
    Halo 2 (MCC)

Xbox 360
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2
    Mass Effect 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Inside - great game, really short at 2 hours but has some of the best atmosphere in a game I have played in ages. Some obtuse puzzles I was overthinking
    the chain over the water pool where you dangle your feet to lure the "mermaid", I was trying to swing the chain and such

Really want to go back and find all the mysterious spheres, very rare a game makes me want to find all the hidden collectible stuff.

The Stanley Parable - while easy enough to "finish" it, great fun finding some of the more bizarre endings
    the confusion ending, with its frustrated narrator restarting the game and the ever present "game line" was hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

That_Guy wrote: »
    Mass Effect - Xbox 360

I had played a bit of Mass Effect before but I accidentally deleted my saved game on my 360 many moons ago. In anticipation for the latest ME game, I decided to try my hand at 1-3 before it comes out.

All on EA Access so handy enough to do.

I really enjoyed the story and found it really well written. Good solid characters but the game itself plays horribly.

I poured the guts of 11 hours into it and it felt like a chore to get through at times. The combat system is crap. The controls are muck. The cover system is just a complete disaster and it just does not function well at all.

It's fortunate that the story is so good and engaging otherwise I may not have bothered with the next 2 in the series. That being said, I have been informed that it plays better from here on out so I'll get stuck into ME:2 over the weekend.
    ----

PS4

3DS

Xbox One
    Gears of War 4

Xbox 360
    Mass Effect

Good to hear ME is so short. I thought it would be more around the 30-40 hour mark. Like yourself haven't played any of the ME series yet but wouldn't mind giving them a go with Andromeda coming out soon. Have such a back log as it is I was going to give them a miss but if they're that short I might pick them up on the store.

Advertisement