Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you completed? (2017 Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fast RMX - Nintendo Switch: As close to a Wipeout clone you're likely to get these days and I really enjoyed it.

Visually it looks great and can be quite hectic but I loved the level design.

Multiplayer is good but I recommend playing it with a controller rather than detaching the joycons for a 2 player game. Bit of a challenge playing MP like that.

Nice that you have the option to hand someone a controller though.

Really fun racer and I loved unlocking all the tracks and vehicles. It's almost a shame that it's a launch title because it probably won't get much of a look in with Zelda out.

Definitely worth a look anyway.

2017 Completed Games to Date:

Nintendo Switch
    Super Bomberman R
    Metal Slug 3
    Fast RMX

PS4
    Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

3DS
    Japanese Rail Simulator 3D
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
    Pocket Card Jockey
    Lego City: The Chase Begins

Xbox One
    Gears of War 4
    Halo 2 (MCC)
    Halo 3 (MCC)

Xbox 360
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2
    Mass Effect 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
    Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Hitman
    Unravel

ADDING:-
    Horizon: Zero Dawn [Playstation 4]
    || Solid gameplay, stunning soundtrack, beautiful visuals (I dare say the best looking game on the system) and an excellent story. While it does very little in terms of originality, it does take a lot of elements from other popular titles (Far Cry' hunting mechanics, Assassin's Creed's stealth mechanics, Mass Effect's character interactions), and damn-near perfects them. I had the best time ever playing this from start to finish to such a point that I actually managed to get the platinum trophy, and for someone with a horrible attention span that rushes through games' campaigns, it's a genuine feeling of satisfaction, and even more so that this marks my 2nd Plat ever on PSN
    This may be arguably the best exclusive on the PS4, and a definite contender for Game of the Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

2017 so far:
    PS4|Comment
    Fallout 4|Nuclear option level 42 Mar
    Dishonored|Corvo Low Chaos Jan
    The Last Guardian|Controls sucked Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Flew through The Journey Down: Chapter Two in ~3 hours. Fun point and click adventure, enjoyable story and characters. The puzzles weren't overly difficult, but still challenging. They were mostly logical which is how I always like my adventure game puzzles. I don't have the patience to be stuck on a puzzle for days anymore.

Chapter Two could have done with a recap at the start, it's been 2 years since I played the first one. Glad to hear the third chapter is on the way in August.

Valkyria Chronicles
    Hitman
    Unravel
    Horizon Zero Dawn

Kingdom Hearts I.5 Final Mix [Playstation 4]
    || This was my first dive into this series. I had never played it nor really seen any gameplay from it, so I essentially went into this game completely blind. The first couple of hours can be quite repetitive and tedious, at least for me it was. But it ended up being brilliant, both in story delivery and gameplay. There were a few nitpicks, like most of the levels being very boxed-in and awkward to navigate, both in part due to the lack of a map and the very clumsy camera - which ended up being a game in and of itself when trying to wrestle with it. It ended up being the reason why I couldn't get a few hits into some of the enemies but I got over it and managed to get the better of it. Beyond all of the jumping between worlds and fairly meh early quests, there is an excellent game. I sound more harsh than I probably should be, but this was the experience I had but it ended up making sense a good bit in, and it is a brilliant, story-heavy game - cracking I didn't play it when I was growing up with the PS2 but I'm happy I got to experience it on PS4. Mad to dive into the 2nd one now.

KINGDOM%2BHEARTS%2BHD%2B1_5%252B2_5%2BReMIX_1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

So far this year i have...

Half life 2: Episode 2 (PC) probably as good as Ep1, nice variety. I wasn't a big fan of the ending where you had to drive over and back the whole time for the bombs.
    Pokemon Pearl (DS) It's pokemon, sure.
    Pokemon Battle Revolution (Wii) It's good when linked to the DS, otherwise sorta pointless.
    Life is Strange (PC) Outstanding game. I thought the quality of episode 5 was a bit lacking compared to 1-4 but overall just an incredable experience and i'll certainly be keeping an eye on Dontnod.
    Final Fantasy IX (PC) Great game even if the PC version seems to have a little bit of slowdown. a masterpiece.
    Mars: War Logs (PC) I liked it, then i hated it, then i liked it again. I should hate this game because it's buggy and unpolished, with the dev's ambitions outstripping their talents/budget but there's something charming about it & i couldn't stop thinking back to it. It has a fantastic world and you can tell Spiders put their heart and soul into it.
    Quantum Break (XBOX ONE) Great story and i loved playing around with all the time powers during gunfights. I felt that the show portions, while decent, were unnecessary and a step too detached from the narrative due to mostly focusing on side characters.
    Halo 5: Guardians (XBOX ONE) It's short, has a confusing story where nothing really happens until the last cut-scene and you almost never play as the Master Chief. I think it's fair to say that the series is losing it's identity. It just doesn't feel like Halo any more.
    Skillgirls (PC) Great fighter, with a unique visual style. We need more of this.
    Party Hard (PC) Very hard game but when i fail a level, it's because i screwed up, difficult but fair and rewards patience. designated dance button too!
    Painkiller: Battle out of Hell (PC) More of the same, which is a good thing. The story is awful but with gameplay this good, i don't really care.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I'm adding Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Boring game really.

PC
    Hatred
    Middle-Earth: Shadow Of Mordor
    COD:IW
    Deadpool
    Doom 3
    Portal
    Trine
    Dark Souls 3
    The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
    Ghost Recon: Wildlands

2017 so far:
    PS4|Comment
    Dishonored 2|Emily High Chaos Apr
    Dishonored 2|Corvo Low Chaos Jan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

01/01 - Sara is Missing (Android)
    02/01 - Monument Valley (Android)
    02/01 - The End of the World (Android)
    02/01 - Threes! (Android)
    07/01 - Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4)
    08/01 - Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (PS4)
    10/01 - Monument Valley: Forgotten Shores DLC (Android)
    12/01 - Forgotten (itch)
    12/01 - Commute (itch)
    14/01 - Kentucky Route Zero: Act I (Steam)
    14/01 - Monument Valley: Ida's Dream DLC (Android)
    15/01 - Hidden my game by mom (Android)
    15/01 - Longest Night (itch)
    16/01 - and i made sure to hold your head sideways (itch)
    17/01 - Kentucky Route Zero: Act II (Steam)
    19/01 - We Become What We Behold (itch)
    21/01 - Coming Out Simulator (itch)
    22/01 - Portal 2 (Steam)
    24/01 - Hidden my game by mom! 2 (Android)
    25/01 - Rain in the Month of January (itch)
    25/01 - Nest (Mac)
    28/01 - Kentucky Route Zero: Act III (Steam)
    28/01 - The Serpent Cycle (Mac)
    12/03 - The Endless Express (itch)
    12/03 - Packing Up The Rest of Your Stuff on the Last Day at Your Old Apartment (itch)
    12/03 - Fire Emblem Heroes (Android)
    14/03 - The Basement Collection: Coil (Steam)
    14/03 - The Basement Collection: A.V.G.M. (Steam)
    17/03 - The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth (PS4)
    09/04 - Dishonored: Definitive Edition (PS4)
    10/04 - Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall DLC (PS4)

Adding

14/04 - The Walking Dead: The New Frontier - Episode 2 (PS4)

My disappointment with this third season continues. Once again the decision of the episode resulted in a whopping 91% of people choosing the option that best suited Clementine. However if you were actually role-playing as Javier that decision wasn't so black and white. Telltale haven't figured out how to successfully place Clementine at the centre of a dilemma. The player base is so attached to her that it's breaking the key USP of the series.

Thankfully it's not as big of a problem here as it was in the first episode but it's still an issue. There were some genuinely difficult decisions in the first two seasons but it's going to be near impossible for Telltale to pull that off if it involves the player siding against Clementine. If they continue to handle it as they currently are it's going to ruin the entire season. I'm so surprised they didn't realise that during the writing process.

Personally I don't like this adolescent Clementine, but I like not liking her! I'd love if they went all-out and had her turn into a hateful character. I seriously doubt that will happen but it would make for an interesting dynamic. It would at least draw on the players' past loyalties to her in an interesting way. As it stands people are sticking with her by a margin of 9/1 even when it doesn't make sense for the character they're playing as to do so.

As always with Telltale there are some technical problems. This time around I missed a number of navigational prompts but it didn't make a blind bit of difference, which defeats the purpose of having them there in the first place.

I'll see this season through to the end but I won't be signing up for a fourth unless it reviews very highly.

15/04 - Bastion (Vita)

Despite all of the glowing reviews I still underestimated this game. I was won over by the music, art style and narration and yet I kept thinking that there has to be more to justify its lofty reputation. And there was! The weapons, perks, modifiers etc. added a surprisingly level of depth and the story had a lovely ambiguity and strangeness, something that I very much enjoy these days (obligatory Dark Souls reference). What a superb little game and perfect for the Vita too! Wow.

16/04 - Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches DLC (PS4)

I've played a lot of Dishonored over the past 10 days and by the end of this DLC I'd become quite tired of it. I can no longer overlook the series' various shortcomings. The gameplay is comprised of stealth and combat and neither are implemented very well, especially the latter. I played mostly high-chaos so I frequently found myself in the middle of increasingly tedious battles. It became very frustrating towards the end. I picked up the sequel today and unless the combat has greatly improved I'm going to have to go for a stealth playthrough. I can't go though another 15+ hours of that melee combat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sniper elite 4 - ps4
    Horizon zero Dawn - ps4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Shovel Knight
    SuperHot
    Mother Russia Bleeds
    Broforce
    Frog Fractions
    Dishonored
    Dark Souls (2 times)
    Dark Souls 2 (2 times)
    Dark Souls 3 - ......5 times. (I can't stop playing...the DLC just pulled me back in)

I have Horizon Zero Dawn, Yakuza 0, FF15 and Persona 5 all sat there on my PS4 getting no love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Owlboy
    Inside
    Deponia: The Complete Journey
    Deponia Doomsday
    Red Faction Guerilla
    Pillars of Eternity

Tales from the Borderlands
    Abzu
    The Witness
    Evoland 2
    Steamworld Dig

Far Cry 3: This was a replay having played it on release on console. I really enjoyed it the first time around but the gameplay hasnt aged well in my opinion. Theres too much filler in the forms of pointless side quests and collectables. Its still a decent game but I did find myself quite bored at times.

Dying Light Enhanced Edition: This will probably be my favourite game I've played so far this year. Its just a really fun game. I was quite happy just spending time tearing through hordes of zombies. Dropkicking a zombie of a rooftop never got old for example. It really captures the essence of what a fun game should be like.

• RE7 - X1
    RE2 - Gamecube
    RE3- Gamecube
    Def Jam: FFNY - - Gamecube
    Metroid Zero Mission - Gameboy Advance
    LOTR Return of the King - Gamecube
    Super Street Fighter Alpha 2 - SNES

Adding:
    Super Mario 3 on the Classic Mini - Finally!
    Super Mario 3D Land - Wii U - It's not as easy as some people make it out to be, some really tricky levels in the last 2 worlds
    Hyrule Warriors - Wii U - Finished the campaign, did a great job in building the Zelda world into the Dynasty warriors formula. A load of fun

Still Playing:
    Zombi U - Wii U Such an Underrated game, true tension and survival horror. I'm nearly done, on the last 2 missions
    Zelda BOTW - Switch - 40 Hours done so far but aiming to get it done and dusted soon
    Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles - Wii On the last segment, say about 1 hour left
    Metroid Prime - Gamecube Stuck in a bit of backtracking section
    Kirbys Adventure - Classic Mini (50% done)
    Madworld on the Wii - 50% though, haven't played it in a few weeks need to get to it

Valkyria Chronicles
    Hitman
    Unravel
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix [Playstation 4] ||
    I skipped out on 358/2 Days and also Re:Chain of Memories because I did not enjoy the gameplay whatsoever, so I just caught up on the story by reading about it and watching brief explanations on Youtube (358/2 Days was included in these videos, so i didn't bother watching it on the disc)

It kind-of worked: I managed to get the jist of who was who and what was going on by the time I started KH2.... It's still a convoluted mess of a plot if you don't pay close attention (damn you Tetsuya Nomura).
    It took me a few hours on KH1 to find my feet and enjoy playing the game properly, but after passing a very long prologue, KH2 was unreal fun from the get go. Everything was improved. They added a map for each world and sub-area (Which was badly needed in the previous game, and very welcome in this) and you could also switch available party members (each world has a unique party member to follow you) in mid-combat which was a breath of fresh air. My favourite feature that I can't recall seeing in KH1 was the inclusion of 'forms', which make you O.P as hell, as well as giving you two keyblades to utilize during the procedure. Awh, stop, this game is unbelievable and I cannot believe it took me this long to get into the games.... The story is a mess to me, and I don't mean that in a bad way - it's just very complex and difficult to follow, but the gameplay, mechanics and overall experience shine, and makes this an epic piece of software. I loved it.

I still have to play Birth by Sleep and watch Re:Coded but I'm fairly satisfied so far.

II.8 Final Chapter Prologue hasn't grabbed my attention yet, but I'll pick it up eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

First of the year:-

DOOM
    What can I say that hasn't been said before. It's ridiculous, over the top and has an amazing soundtrack. Sadly I found myself getting quite fed up with it towards the end, what could of done been done probably in one gaming session took me near a week to try force myself to the end.
    I'll never go back and play it again but I'm glad I finished it.

2017 so far:
    PS4|Comment
    Battlefield 1|Very well done but too short
    Dishonored 2|Emily High Chaos Apr
    Dishonored 2|Corvo Low Chaos Jan

PS Vita|Comment
    Severed|1st platinum ever

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

[PC]

Yooka-Laylee:
    What a game enjoyed every minute of it. My first game to complete for 2017. I managed to collect every collectable in every word except two pagies as the were given to complete a top score in the retro arcade games. (Mini games within the game worlds). I would totally recommend it to anyone.

Adding :-

[PC]
    Titanfall 2
    Started this when I got home from work today and for the 5 hours that followed I did not stop playing it once. Granted the campaign was short, but unlike Doom I didn't feel burned out of the play style by the end and the story was quite enjoyable. I'd definitely like to see a TF3, and hope the release schedule hasn't killed the possibility. Gonna give the multiplayer a bash now and try sink some hours into that.

DOOM
    What can I say that hasn't been said before. It's ridiculous, over the top and has an amazing soundtrack. Sadly I found myself getting quite fed up with it towards the end, what could of done been done probably in one gaming session took me near a week to try force myself to the end.
    I'll never go back and play it again but I'm glad I finished it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Horizon zero Dawn ps4

Sniper elite 4 ps4

Titanfall 2 ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Gears of War 4 - Xbox 1
    Quantum Break - Xbox 1
    Battletoads Arcade - Xbox 1
    Halo 4 - Xbox 1
    Devils Third - Wii U
    Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze - Wii U
    Mafia 3 - PS4
    Journey - PS4
    Sniper Elite 3 - PS4

Call of duty Infinite Warfare - PS4
    Rise of the Tomb Raider - PS4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

PS3
    Remember Me
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2

Adding:
    PS3
    Mass Effect 3: After enjoying ME2 so much, ME3 was a real let-down with a very underwhelming end to the whole affair. Glad to have played the whole trilogy and really enjoyed the characters throughout but it's a pity how it finished up.

PS4
    Uncharted 4: Beautiful to look at and an incredibly slick production by Naughty Dog but it felt a bit empty to me. Enjoyable enough but I was never particularly engaged in it until the last couple of chapters. I hope Lost Legacy manages to do something interesting with the formula but I'm glad Nathan Drake's journey's at an end.

Wolfenstein: Old Blood: It's been a while since I played the New Order but I really enjoyed this. Nice and compact and finished in a couple of sessions. Well worth a punt if you haven't played it already.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture: Found it tedious at the beginning and hadn't a clue what I was doing but I absolutely loved it by the end and will have to play it again because I didn't get to complete the stories of some of the characters. Fantastic game.

Gone Home: It was an interesting game but after finishing EGTTR it was a slight let down. Well put together game but I'll never play it again.

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst: I know this got a lot of criticism when it was released but I thoroughly enjoyed this. I was a massive fan of the first as well. I just loved running around the city and this is one I'm going to keep going back to.

Adding :-

Limbo

Pretty nice puzzler and a very quick game to play through. Think I get the ending, but that's open to interpretation.

Completed
    [PC]
    Titanfall 2

Started this when I got home from work today and for the 5 hours that followed I did not stop playing it once. Granted the campaign was short, but unlike Doom I didn't feel burned out of the play style by the end and the story was quite enjoyable. I'd definitely like to see a TF3, and hope the release schedule hasn't killed the possibility. Gonna give the multiplayer a bash now and try sink some hours into that.

DOOM

I'll never go back and play it again but I'm glad I finished it

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Gears of War 4 - Xbox 1
    Quantum Break - Xbox 1
    Battletoads Arcade - Xbox 1
    Halo 4 - Xbox 1
    Devils Third - Wii U
    Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze - Wii U
    Mafia 3 - PS4
    Journey - PS4
    Sniper Elite 3 - PS4
    Call of duty Infinite Warfare - PS4
    Rise of the Tomb Raider - PS4

Wolfenstein The Old Blood - PS4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Fallout 4 plus all DLC except Nukaworld because it was boring. Fallout 4 was great with the right mods.

Mass Effect Andromeda. A chore to get through and full of bugs. Ended up with six unfinished bugged quests in the log.

Witcher 3. Great game. 80 hours before the DLC. Started the first DLC but there's not much pull in it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Fallout 4 plus all DLC except Nukaworld because it was boring. Fallout 4 was great with the right mods.

I enjoyed Nuka World though I did not play it right as I just killed every gang member. I used so many stimpacks but I had loads anyway as they all started to shoot at me when I shot and killed one of them.

I missed out on the proper mission the gang members give. I still enjoyed it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

I enjoyed Nuka World though I did not play it right as I just killed every gang member. I used so many stimpacks but I had loads anyway as they all started to shoot at me when I shot and killed one of them.

I missed out on the proper mission the gang members give. I still enjoyed it though.

I was already annoyed that I'd have to play as a raider to get the full content but then I got this mission to find twenty hidden hard drives and I just gave up. The laziest quest design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Owlboy
    Inside
    Deponia: The Complete Journey
    Deponia Doomsday
    Red Faction Guerilla
    Pillars of Eternity

Tales from the Borderlands
    Abzu
    The Witness
    Evoland 2
    Steamworld Dig
    Far Cry 3
    Dying Light Enhanced Edition

Dark Souls:
    I really regret not having played this sooner as its just an amazing game. I thought I'd hate the difficult but ended up relishing the challenge. Its become one of my all time favourite games.

Batman Arkham City: Really enjoyed this as well. Its a great sequel for Arkham Asylum.

Horizon zero dawn ps4

Sniper elite 4 ps4

Titan fall 2 ps4

Gears of war 4 Xbox one

Horizon zero dawn ps4

Sniper elite 4 ps4

Titan fall 2 ps4

Gears of war 4 Xbox one

Rise of the tomb raider Xbox one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

After a break from gaming I finished The Witness. Being impatient and as thick as a brick I didn't enjoy it very much but I can see why some will love it.

PC
    Hatred
    Middle-Earth: Shadow Of Mordor
    COD:IW
    Deadpool
    Doom 3
    Portal
    Trine
    Dark Souls 3
    The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
    Ghost Recon: Wildlands
    The Witness