Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you completed? (2017 Edition)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Horizon zero dawn ps4

Sniper elite 4 ps4

Titan fall 2 ps4

Gears of war 4 Xbox one

Rise of the tombraider Xbox 1

THE WALKING DEAD: MICHONNE ps4

Cosmic star heroine ps4
    Far Cry Primal ps4
    DENGEKI BUNKO: FIGHTING CLIMAX vita

Fallout 4 Xbox 1[

Witcher 3 PC

Uncharted ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

2017 so far:
    PS4|Comment
    Darksiders|Aug - Mask of shadows game bug...
    Horizon Zero Dawn|Good fun but a bit repetitive at times
    Titanfall 2|not online
    Alienation|again offline
    Battlefield 1|Very well done but too short
    Dishonored 2|Emily High Chaos Apr
    Fallout 4|Nuclear option level 42 Mar
    Dishonored 2|Corvo Low Chaos Jan
    The Last Guardian|Controls sucked Jan

PS Vita|Comment
    Neon Chrome|good fun
    Letter Quest Remastered|
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night|Enjoyed this, no idea why I never finished it before
    Severed|1st platinum ever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
    Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Hitman
    Unravel
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix
    Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix
    Gears of War 2
    Gears of War 3
    FIFA 17: The Journey
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Crash Bandicoot (N. Sane Trilogy)
    Toybox Turbos
    Tekken
    Tekken 2
    Tekken 3
    Little Nightmares
    Tekken 7
    Driver
    Sonic Mania
    Bioshock

ADDING:-
    Bioshock 2 [PS4]
    || I found this one to be a much more straight forward instalment compared to the first one. It was good but there were a few things I didn't particularly understand despite playing it on the hardest difficulty:-
    You play as a Big Daddy, so I instantly knew I was going to be overpowered as f*ck the longer I went into it.
    I didn't find this one that scary - it seemed to go for a more action-orientated theme compared to the eerie, twisted nature of the first one.
    The plot, while simpler to follow, was a bit weak. It was a good narrative and I was very much invested in the
    three main characters that you know of (Yourself, Eleanor and Sophia)
    , but I found it a little bit predictable, especially if you go for the good ending, which I did - so I had a rough idea what the result would be.

But there were a good few things I enjoyed. As I said earlier,
    I knew I'd be OP at some stage in the game
    but I have to say, I found it so satisfying using the plasmids. My best combination was the 3rd level electro bolt and my power drill maxed out. Nonsense to those who haven't played it but for those that have, you know what I'm talking about. I found myself unstoppable even at the last section of the game.
    I don't want to ramble on too much so I will say that Bioshock 2 has a lot of things that improved on the 1st one but storywise I found it too simple. But it was a fantastic experience nonetheless

I think I'm officially a Bioshock nut. Why I didn't encourage myself to play them before I'll never know.

ALSO ADDING:-
    Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den [PS4]
    || I actually found the story of this more engaging than Bioshock 2's. Very enjoyable 4 hours and one of the best story DLCs out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

PS3
    Remember Me
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2
    Mass Effect 3

PS4
    Uncharted 4:
    Wolfenstein: Old Blood
    Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
    Gone Home
    Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
    Infamous First Light
    Doom
    Layers of Fear
    Never Alone
    The Order 1886
    Soma
    Dishonoured 2
    Inside
    Arkham Knight
    Firewatch

Adding:
    PS4

Shadow of Mordor: I had bought this a while ago and had kind of put it on the long finger because I thought it was going to be a long slog of a game. The campaign is relatively short though and pretty enjoyable if slightly abrupt at the end. Really enjoyed the nemesis system and you really get to have fun with it in the second half of the game. Coming across random captains could be great fun and a pita in equal measure. Fantastic game and well worth playing if you haven't already.

Until Dawn: Have to say, this game didn't do it for me for the first 4 chapters or so but it really kicks into gear for the second half and the story turns utterly loopy - it's honestly terrible but kind of perfect in an 80s horror movie way. The graphics are great throughout but the uncanny valley makes them look just plain wrong at times. Still, the last couple of chapters flew by for me and they were a blast. Managed to save everyone but that meant quitting the game a couple of times at the end. Honestly thought I had lost a couple of them early on so wasn't that pushed about getting them all out until I realised that
    Jessica was still alive and figured out that Josh wasn't going to count as one of the survivors.
    Then I did my damnedest to make sure they all got out. So much more enjoyable than the po-faced nonsense David Cage comes out with.

• That was a totally underrated game. You never hear anybody talking about it and I thought it was so good.

It's bloody hard at times. The last few missions are a pure ****er

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It's bloody hard at times. The last few missions are a pure ****er

I know the drug runs were mad hard as well. And did you ever steal a car the police come down really hard on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Not exactly much of an achievement but I completed Abzu the other day. Definitely a walking simulator more than anything but a visual treat especially on a larger display, would recommend as a low price purchase. Extremely short much like say Inside or Limbo, so you can get it finished in one evening which kind of lends itself well if anyone finds themselves sat in and bored over the next week weeks.

Total list for the year so far:
    - Metal Gear Solid 5
    - Rise of the Tomb Raider
    - Shadow of Mordor
    - Zelda Breath of the Wild
    - DOOM
    - Bioshock Infinite
    - Arkham Knight
    - Inside

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

A two more PC games to add to my 2017 list:

PC

Oxenfree: 2D puzzle-adventure game. Nice graphics but what set this apart is the story, acting and certain gameplay elements (radios). Liked it a lot but not much replay value I think.
    Broforce: Awesome pixel-art homage to the 80s hero movie genre! Finished the campaign solo and have played a few co-op games with randomersin the meantime. Will keep going back to this one!
    Batman: Arkham Knight: Really enjoyed it, more Batman goodness in a similar vein to the previous three Arkham games. Looked gorgeous.
    Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Love playing Lego games in co-op with the wife; this was one of the weaker ones but still decent fun.

The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone Very nice bit of DLC, was a welcome return to the world of Gerald of Rivia.
    Steamworld Heist Fun game but a bit throwaway for me, no chance I'll fire this up in the future.

Wii U

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: What. A. Game. Glorious open world, the best visuals I've seen on the Wii U, amazing gameplay and sense of wonder; it's the complete package.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Gears of War 4 - Xbox 1
    Quantum Break - Xbox 1
    Battletoads Arcade - Xbox 1
    Halo 4 - Xbox 1
    Devils Third - Wii U
    Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze - Wii U
    Mafia 3 - PS4
    Journey - PS4
    Sniper Elite 3 - PS4
    Call of duty Infinite Warfare - PS4
    Rise of the Tomb Raider - PS4
    Wolfenstein The Old Blood - PS4
    Titanfall 2 - PS4
    Tomb Raider Anniversary - Xbox 360
    Pes 2017 - PS4
    Just Cause 3 - PS4
    The Last Guardian - PS4
    The Town Of Light - PS4

Tales from the Borderlands - PS4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Just finished Until Dawn and it was one of the best games ive played in years
    Great choice with plus would honestly not have played it otherwise

• Advertisement

Valkyria Chronicles
    Hitman
    Unravel
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Gears of War 2
    Gears of War 3
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Toybox Turbos
    Tekken
    Tekken 2
    Tekken 3
    Little Nightmares
    Tekken 7
    Driver
    Sonic Mania
    Bioshock
    Bioshock 2
    Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den

Bioshock: Infinite [PS4] ||
    Loved the gameplay, loved the change in theme, but didn't like the plot.
    It has little to nothing to do with BioShock 1 and 2. Oh yeah, you get to see Rapture for like 20 seconds near the end but that's all it is - a cameo. Does that make it worthy to be called BioShock? Because of a daft Rapture cameo? I probably didn't follow something in the plot but I honestly don't see its relevance to the entire BioShock storyline apart from it being set a number of years before the first game.
    But other than that everything else was fairly solid. Although the enemies - especially some of the tougher ones - were just bullet sponges that were easy to bring down. That story though... Ugh. When I play a series of games I am usually given consistent stories that all connect to each other (Uncharted 1 -3/Gears of War 1-4/Halo 1-5 etc.) and I think I'd be safe in saying you could play BioShock 1 and 2 and you wouldn't even need to play BioShock Infinite. Likewise you could play BioShock Infinite and not worry about BioShock 1 and 2. That's my take on it. If there is more to it I'd be happy to know because I found it very confusing and inconsistent. If there is ever another BioShock game to be made in future, I hope to god it's called BioShock 3.

Finished Everyones gone to the rapture and while i enjoyed it i'm currently googling what was going on :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Started and finished Ryse within a weekend :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Started and finished Ryse within a weekend :pac:

I forgot about that game. Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Valkyria Chronicles
    Hitman
    Unravel
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Gears of War 2
    Gears of War 3
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Toybox Turbos
    Tekken
    Tekken 2
    Tekken 3
    Little Nightmares
    Tekken 7
    Driver
    Sonic Mania
    Bioshock
    Bioshock 2

Bioshock: Infinite [PS4] ||
    Loved the gameplay, loved the change in theme, but didn't like the plot.
    It has little to nothing to do with BioShock 1 and 2. Oh yeah, you get to see Rapture for like 20 seconds near the end but that's all it is - a cameo. Does that make it worthy to be called BioShock? Because of a daft Rapture cameo? I probably didn't follow something in the plot but I honestly don't see its relevance to the entire BioShock storyline apart from it being set a number of years before the first game.
    But other than that everything else was fairly solid. Although the enemies - especially some of the tougher ones - were just bullet sponges that were easy to bring down. That story though... Ugh. When I play a series of games I am usually given consistent stories that all connect to each other (Uncharted 1 -3/Gears of War 1-4/Halo 1-5 etc.) and I think I'd be safe in saying you could play BioShock 1 and 2 and you wouldn't even need to play BioShock Infinite. Likewise you could play BioShock Infinite and not worry about BioShock 1 and 2. That's my take on it. If there is more to it I'd be happy to know because I found it very confusing and inconsistent. If there is ever another BioShock game to be made in future, I hope to god it's called BioShock 3.

That list is impressive. Your name definatly fits the bill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

AidoEirE wrote: »
    I forgot about that game. Any good?

Can be quite repetitive at times but overall I really enjoyed it. Great story and what's not to love about the Romans?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Horizon zero dawn ps4

Sniper elite 4 ps4

Titan fall 2 ps4

Gears of war 4 Xbox one

Cosmic star heroine ps4
    Far Cry Primal ps4

Fallout 4 Xbox 1[

Witcher 3 PC
    Uncharted ps4

Yakuza kiwami ps4

[PC]

Skylar and Plux: Adventure on Clover Island

Excellent 3D platformer a bit on the short side and fairly easy as well but great world design.

Valkyria Chronicles
    Hitman
    Unravel
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Gears of War 2
    Gears of War 3
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Toybox Turbos
    Tekken
    Tekken 2
    Tekken 3
    Little Nightmares
    Tekken 7
    Driver
    Sonic Mania
    Bioshock
    Bioshock 2
    Bioshock: Infinite

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas [PS4] ||
    I managed to get the platinum trophy but I still wanted to get 100% to seal the deal (100% is not required to get a platinum trophy for some reason).

Nothin much to add. One of the best.

[PC]

The Last Tinker: City of Colours

I actually enjoyed it to be honest, quite a fun game.

• Advertisement

Gears of War 4 - Xbox 1
    Quantum Break - Xbox 1
    Halo 4 - Xbox 1
    Devils Third - Wii U
    Mafia 3 - PS4
    Journey - PS4
    Sniper Elite 3 - PS4
    Titanfall 2 - PS4
    Pes 2017 - PS4
    Just Cause 3 - PS4
    The Last Guardian - PS4
    The Town Of Light - PS4

Crash Bandicoot - PS4

Gears of War 4 - Xbox 1
    Quantum Break - Xbox 1
    Halo 4 - Xbox 1
    Devils Third - Wii U
    Mafia 3 - PS4
    Journey - PS4
    Sniper Elite 3 - PS4
    Titanfall 2 - PS4
    Pes 2017 - PS4
    Just Cause 3 - PS4
    The Last Guardian - PS4
    The Town Of Light - PS4
    Crash Bandicoot - PS4

Resident evil 7 - PS4

Valkyria Chronicles
    Hitman
    Unravel
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Gears of War 2
    Gears of War 3
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Toybox Turbos
    Tekken
    Tekken 2
    Tekken 3
    Little Nightmares
    Tekken 7
    Driver
    Sonic Mania
    Bioshock
    Bioshock 2
    Bioshock: Infinite
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Canis Canem Edit (Bully) [PS4] ||

Story: Check.
    100% Completion: Check.
    Platinum Trophy: Check.
    Fun game all round. If you missed it, I recommend it. It's like GTA if it was aimed at tweeners and set in a school.

I'm gonna take a break from trying to beat games for a while as I have Pro Evo, Madden, NHL & FIFA all coming to me between tomorrow and the next 2 weeks. That time of year again :cool:

Finished Child of Light last night, was surprised i enjoyed it so much
    Highly recommend it :D

Horizon zero dawn ps4

Sniper elite 4 ps4

Titan fall 2 ps4

Gears of war 4 Xbox one

Cosmic star heroine ps4
    Far Cry Primal ps4

Fallout 4 Xbox 1[

Witcher 3 PC
    Uncharted ps4

Yakuza kiwami ps4

Witcher 3 heart of stone expansion pc

It was awesome, on to the other one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Rise of the Tomb Raider. Had seen a lot of negative comments, but not sure why. I enjoyed it. There are the Uncharted comparisons, but one thing I definitely liked more than Uncharted is that there were seemingly less shooting galleries and shorter shooting galleries as well. Of course the story wasn't great but not too surprised by that.
    I'm just going back and getting all the tombs and since it's the Anniversary Edition on the PS4, I've got DLC I'll try.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Rise of the Tomb Raider. Had seen a lot of negative comments, but not sure why. I enjoyed it. There are the Uncharted comparisons, but one thing I definitely liked more than Uncharted is that there were seemingly less shooting galleries and shorter shooting galleries as well. Of course the story wasn't great but not too surprised by that.
    I'm just going back and getting all the tombs and since it's the Anniversary Edition on the PS4, I've got DLC I'll try.

Its a fantastic game, can't understand the negativity myself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

CastorTroy wrote: »

I just finished Rise Of The Tomb Raider, Im a huge Tomb Raider fan. I really enjoyed the first 33% of the game, really interesting environments, exploring and puzzles, then the game changes completely killing 1000s of enemies and almost turns into Call Of Duty, which knocked this game flat on its face in the last 33% of the storymode. Then I had to deal with the cutscene which constantly crashed and had to drop direct x 12 to make it run. The game started off as a 9/10 but ended up being a 6/10 for me.

I really hope the next Tomb Raider game is much more about exploring and puzzle solving all the way through with really interesting well crafted tombs to explore and get lost in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I didn't even know there was negativity towards it (besides some saying that Uncharted 4 was better, but given how well that did it's hardly a damning indictment), I really enjoyed it for the most part. Would have liked some extra puzzles (Zelda absolutely nailed this aspect with the shrines... you can never have too many puzzles!) but on the whole I found it a very solid game.

• Advertisement

• Billy86 wrote: »
    I didn't even know there was negativity towards it (besides some saying that Uncharted 4 was better, but given how well that did it's hardly a damning indictment), I really enjoyed it for the most part. Would have liked some extra puzzles (Zelda absolutely nailed this aspect with the shrines... you can never have too many puzzles!) but on the whole I found it a very solid game.

It was a decent game. The initial impression of the first few hours were good.
    It bleeds of Ubisoft repetition however from what I remember (pointless collectibles ect).

Towards the end I was just bating through to be done with it.

Advertisement