Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy New Year

Options
  • 31-12-2016 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Happy New Year and good shooting to all!
    Hope this year will bring us all together and forget the divisions that have been caused.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Crow Pigeon and Pheasant

Happy New Year and good shooting to all! Hope this year will bring us all together and forget the divisions that have been caused.

Thanks! Many happy returns!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Many happy returns.

Was out and about today and was wondering why everywhere i went and everyone i spoke to was in such a rush to get closed. I thought a bit odd for a Saturday. Never dawned on me it was New year's eve. :o
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Some friends are coming round in the next half hour or so, to see in the New Year.

It's odd when I think about it, but ALL of the men in the visiting group are either current or former shooters of one kind or another. We have all served in either the Army, the RAF or the police forces, and have all seen and/or taken part in awful things.

But regardless of our experiences, we will all raise a glass to 'better times' to come, and with that, I wish you all the same.

'Of all the money that e're I had, I spent it in good company.
    And of all the harm that e're I've done, alas 'twas done to none but me.
    And all I've done for want of wit, to memory now I cannot recall.
    So fill me to the parting glass. Goodnight and joy be with you all.'

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Well,happy new year from moi.Just spent the last two hours rescuing three young ladies from their bottomed out car on a tree stump on my road in a rainstorm. Ironic that the emcipated ,gender equal ,self empowered woman of today still needs a guy with a 4wd and a winch to save their evening....:P
    But anyway,It has been a year of change on the global front,and a very tough one on the EU front,but thanks to our gallant allies from overseas and no small thanks to nigh on 800 people who signed a EU peitition from Ireland,we beat what could have been a very nasty bit of legislation,even here,[and its a still unsung song both here and in Brussels:eek: ] down to a stalemate,and started off a EU wide pro gun lobby.. So watch this space in 17..
    So , onwards into 2017.I hope it brings you all joy ,success,and safe and political free shooting and that we are all here still this time next year.
    Happy new year
    Grizzly 45.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Happy new year and hopefully 2017 will see issues around reloading being relaxed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement