Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6

• 31-12-2016 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I bought a phone off Adverts for my son for Christmas. Santa left it for him Christmas morning but there's an activation lock on it so it cannot be used.
    Contacted the seller who said he'd sort it and ring back in an hour and haven't heard from him since. I think he now has our number blocked and he's not answering our texts or pm's on Adverts.
    Contacted Apple who said they can't do anything and it's basically fraud to contact the relevant authorities.
    Is there anything else that can be done? I feel so bad, It was his main Christmas present and it's now almost a week later and it can't be used.
    Has anyone any advice?
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭jamesd

Sounds like it may have been stolen and he sold it on, had he a good pile of reviews on adverts ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

With activation lock on iPhones basically the phone is linked to a apple id. Eg the seller who sold you a iPhone. Would have had the lock on it.

The only way you can get this removed is getting back in touch with the seller and seeing does he have the POP from the shop he bought it from and getting back in touch with Apple

Other wise the iPhone 6 is now a paper weight sadly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dundeedave

Never ever buy a second hand iPhone from anyone unless you know what your doing when you get there. Now this piece of **** that sold you the iPhone in the first place know exactly what he was doing. What you can do as pay back put his phone number up on sites and his adverts name do to him as he done to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dundeedave

How much did you pay for said device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Mondeo10 wrote: »
    I bought a phone off Adverts for my son for Christmas. Santa left it for him Christmas morning but there's an activation lock on it so it cannot be used.
    Contacted the seller who said he'd sort it and ring back in an hour and haven't heard from him since. I think he now has our number blocked and he's not answering our texts or pm's on Adverts.
    Contacted Apple who said they can't do anything and it's basically fraud to contact the relevant authorities.
    Is there anything else that can be done? I feel so bad, It was his main Christmas present and it's now almost a week later and it can't be used.
    Has anyone any advice?
    Thank you.

Unfortunately you've been conned. The phone did not have iCloud removed when you bought it, which is the first thing to check for. There are some sites with an activation bypass hack tutorial, not sure if it works but it's worth a shot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement