Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Talking Of Firemen .....

• 31-12-2016 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭

;) It's just reminded me of an anecdote an actual firemen told us, on another forum. It's so terrible I've never forgotten it. Thought I my repeat it here, for ye own delight and delectation.

Seems this guy was attending a fire in a house several stories high. He and his oppo not only unflinchingly did the unthinkable; Going into a burning building. They also went up the several flights of stairs. Checking each room as they went.

As 'luck' would have it, they found two men, passed out from smoke inhalation, on the very top floor. In a scene that could bring a tear to a glass eye, our man explained how he saw his mate pick up one of the prone blokes in the classical Firemans Lift.

He then watched as he carried him out the door to the stairs. Bending his own body to best protect his helpless charge from the worst of the flames and falling ceiling.

" I ", he said, " Grabbed my bloke by the feet and ran, as fast as I f**king could! I went screaming down those stairs, his head banging off every step. Over took my mate straight away. I was getting the f**k out of there! "

It was the gently reflective way he delivered the epilogue that was the killer though:

" My mates guy died. He'd breathed too much sh!t in. Mine survived. I got an award for that one. Funny how it goes. "

:D Absolutely true story!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Stigura wrote: »

Yeah right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Allinall

The sooner 2017 comes the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Is it wrong that I laughed out loud after reading that?! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Stigura wrote: »
    ;) It's just reminded me of an anecdote an actual firemen told us, on another forum. It's so terrible I've never forgotten it. Thought I my repeat it here, for ye own delight and delectation.

Seems this guy was attending a fire in a house several stories high. He and his oppo not only unflinchingly did the unthinkable; Going into a burning building. They also went up the several flights of stairs. Checking each room as they went.

As 'luck' would have it, they found two men, passed out from smoke inhalation, on the very top floor. In a scene that could bring a tear to a glass eye, our man explained how he saw his mate pick up one of the prone blokes in the classical Firemans Lift.

He then watched as he carried him out the door to the stairs. Bending his own body to best protect his helpless charge from the worst of the flames and falling ceiling.

" I ", he said, " Grabbed my bloke by the feet and ran, as fast as I f**king could! I went screaming down those stairs, his head banging off every step. Over took my mate straight away. I was getting the f**k out of there! "

It was the gently reflective way he delivered the epilogue that was the killer though:

" My mates guy died. He'd breathed too much sh!t in. Mine survived. I got an award for that one. Funny how it goes. "

2016 has just claimed humour.......:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

How mushy was his brain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Stigura

2016 has just claimed AH's sense of humour.......:rolleyes:

Yep.

Advertisement