Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building new house

Options
  • 01-01-2017 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

We're about to embark on building a new bungalow. We must demolish an old bungalow. How much would demolition cost? We are building 2,200 sq ft bungalow, n shape. Any idea how much it would cost to build roughly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

OP, you have been kicking this project around before
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100583654
    Has the thinking changed?

Before delving into the detail, are you happy you will get planning to demolish?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Positive thinker

Yes the thinking has changed. The planning office insists on demolishing the existing house and building near the footprint of this house. Also, we were told that the council may restrict us to 2,200 sq ft. So reducing our chances of being refused again, we are trying to tick all their boxes.

We still want to do self build, u-shaped bungalow. We want to try and get quotes to find out what its going to cost. Its an 70s bungalow to be demolished, foundation, block work, etc. So if you can throw any light on these, it would be greatly appreciated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Have you employed a Quanity surveyor?
    Has an engineer offered and option on ground conditions
    Not sure where in the country your building

My advance is get the above professionals to estimate your build costs with specific site information and architectural drawings/outline spec/BER

Advertisement