Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cassette to cd ?

Options
  • 01-01-2017 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Could someone help me ? I have a demo from a band I was in on cassette and I would love to transfer it to cd. Anyone know the best/easiest way to do it ??

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rtyped

greenspurs wrote: »
    Could someone help me ? I have a demo from a band I was in on cassette and I would love to transfer it to cd. Anyone know the best/easiest way to do it ??

I've had good results playing from a cassette deck and recording on PC. Then just writing the result to CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭TroutMask

Use a high–quality cassette deck and an audio interface. Capture the audio into software, e.g., a DAW like Logic or ProTools or an audio editor like Audacity. Leave the Dolby NR off on the cassette deck (well, unless it's a Nakamichi or something awesome like that).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I bought an USB cassette player.
    downloaded Audacity , and hey presto.

I have converted an album, and got the tracks separated.
    I have them saved on the C drive on PC. I can play them individually on Windows Media Player , but cannot get all the songs onto Media Player together to burn onto a cd?
    I know they are downloaded as a WAV (?) file at the moment, and need to be played in an MP3 version on Media Player.

I'm stumped ! Anyone got a solution??

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Radical Dawg

Use NERO to burn the tracks to a CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Jabel

Convert your wav file to mp3 in iTunes and burn CD from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,299 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Jabel wrote: »
    Convert your wav file to mp3 in iTunes and burn CD from there.
    Yes. Compress the shyte out of it. That'll sound great.

OP is looking for a solution, not sarcasm...

OP is looking for a solution, not sarcasm...

Indeed. Yours was a bad suggestion. Quality from an old cassette as a source will be compromised enough without squashing it further.

endacl wrote: »
    Indeed. Yours was a bad suggestion. Quality from an old cassette as a source will be compromised enough without squashing it further.

Again that's not very helpful to the OP.
    Offer a solution perhaps?

Again that's not very helpful to the OP.
    Offer a solution perhaps?

There was a helpful solution offered above. A (free) program like Nero will do the job. There are lots of similar alternatives available. This one will do the trick. A handy little tool. http://www.nch.com.au/switch/

I presume the OP came to this forum because it's a place where people who know what they're talking about post. You appear to be sore about the fact that you were called out on your bad advice.

Let it go.

;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement