Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

brianc27 wrote: »
    Similar issue with myself, app actually freezes when I log in, says video can't load then brings me back to the log in page and the app freezes then, strange one, my address is set to ireland

I had to message Amazon to get the stick sorted on set up.

Initially Prime Video wouldn't work, they had to make some adjustments, Now has worked perfect since its arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭brianc27

I was on to amazon earlier, they couldn't get it working either, had me do a full factory reset, still didn't work, but then after the factory reset with all my settings now messed up I decided to add a launcher to the firestick rather then use the stock launcher and then the Now app worked, no idea if that's because I'm using a launcher or not but its the only time it's worked after numerous cache/data clears, re-installs and a factory reset

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

I was on to amazon earlier, they couldn't get it working either, had me do a full factory reset, still didn't work, but then after the factory reset with all my settings now messed up I decided to add a launcher to the firestick rather then use the stock launcher and then the Now app worked, no idea if that's because I'm using a launcher or not but its the only time it's worked after numerous cache/data clears, re-installs and a factory reset

Hopefully that's you sorted now ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Equium

Similar issue with myself, app actually freezes when I log in, says video can't load then brings me back to the log in page and the app freezes then, strange one, my address is set to ireland

I got mine sorted today by changing location of device to Ireland. I was set as UK based due to using Parcel Motel for most purchases.

It took a few restarts for the strings to sync to the Firestick. All good now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Got a now stick yesterday.

I cant find a live tv option on the rte player. Is this not available.?

I also thought there dwas a spotify app but cant find one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Got a now stick yesterday.

I cant find a live tv option on the rte player. Is this not available.?

I also thought there dwas a spotify app but cant find one.
    Definitely a Spotify app, I noticed I only have the live tv option on the RTÉ player on my phone and none on the stick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Can anyone please confirm I'm totally confused:

Will the Now TV app work on Firestick in ROI if it does is it a UK or Irish account?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Can anyone please confirm I'm totally confused:

Will the Now TV app work on Firestick in ROI if it does is it a UK or Irish account?

Yep of course it works

• Registered Users Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

IrishHomer wrote:

When the app came out first it was a UK only app. A month or two later there was an Irish app.

Bought a Firecube last week and discovered that there is no NOW app available for it yet. UK or Irish

Mine won't open.

I'm registered to Amazon UK because I get the Amazon Premier league.

Any ideas? Do I need to go back to Irish?

• Advertisement

IrishHomer wrote:
    I'm registered to Amazon UK because I get the Amazon Premier league.

There are two separate apps as far as I know. Uk NOW app & Irish NOW app. I'm guessing you have the UK app that only works for NOW UK.

To get the Irish app change your devices location to Ireland. Uninstall the UK one & is install the Irish one

https://support.streamlocator.com/article/77-switch-your-amazon-account-country-to-download-us-uk-apps

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    There are two separate apps as far as I know. Uk NOW app & Irish NOW app. I'm guessing you have the UK app that only works for NOW UK.

To get the Irish app change your devices location to Ireland. Uninstall the UK one & is install the Irish one

https://support.streamlocator.com/article/77-switch-your-amazon-account-country-to-download-us-uk-apps

Brilliant I'm sorted!

I messaged Amazon and they changed my account back to Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Can I get a free trial with now tv.is it a 7 or 14 day free trial. Is it really free or is there a catch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Brilliant I'm sorted!

I messaged Amazon and they changed my account back to Ireland :)

So if Amazon change your account back to Ireland do you lose access to UK Prime catalog?

So if Amazon change your account back to Ireland do you lose access to UK Prime catalog?

Yes. You don't need Amazon to change your account to get uk & us apps though. You change the settings on your account. Download whatever apps you want & change back to UK. You don't actually change your UK content to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Yes. You don't need Amazon to change your account to get uk & us apps though. You change the settings on your account. Download whatever apps you want & change back to UK. You don't actually change your UK content to Ireland

Thanks mate, working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Can I get a free trial with now tv.is it a 7 or 14 day free trial. Is it really free or is there a catch?

7 day free trial for all apart from Sports. No trial of any kind for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I know I'm totally in the wrong place( not sure where to ask) but has anyone experience of using Fire TV stick 4K.
    What's involved in using/installing etc?

I know I'm totally in the wrong place( not sure where to ask) but has anyone experience of using Fire TV stick 4K. What's involved in using/installing etc?

There is a firestick thread. Is your question about the 4k firestick or now tv?

There is a firestick thread. Is your question about the 4k firestick or now tv?

What do you reckon my question was about?
    I asked it here because it's a busy thread and my query might get answered by somebody helpful.

• Advertisement

What do you reckon my question was about?
    I asked it here because it's a busy thread and my query might get answered by somebody helpful.

I know I'm totally in the wrong place( not sure where to ask) but has anyone experience of using Fire TV stick 4K.

In bold, you say not sure where to ask. The firestick thread is far more active than this thread & far more firestick geeks ( I mean in a friendly way as I fall into this myself). It doen't bother me where you ask. I was only trying to point you in a better direction. I wasn't trying to be smart :)

In bold, you say not sure where to ask. The firestick thread is far more active than this thread & far more firestick geeks ( I mean in a friendly way as I fall into this myself). It doen't bother me where you ask. I was only trying to point you in a better direction. I wasn't trying to be smart :)

It might be a 'far more active thread' but unfortunately they are not as quick , or as good, as yourself to respond. Ah well there's always Youtube.

It might be a 'far more active thread' but unfortunately they are not as quick , or as good, as yourself to respond. Ah well there's always Youtube.

Here is the most active firestick thread. I'll try answer any questions there about the firestick. If we do it here the thread goes off topic

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058088307&page=84

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Equium

Yes, I have it on the Firestick 4K and Fire Cube.

It's the same to download as any other app on the Amazon App Store. Just make sure that your account settings are set to Ireland and not the UK before trying to download it. If you have the wrong (UK) version then you will not be able to sign in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

I have just signed up for Now tv and i have a samsung smart tv with the now app already installed.
    But it won't let me into the app on the tv and we can't mirror from phone. It also won't allow me to uninstall and reinstall the app.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Kurn

heldel00 wrote: »
    I have just signed up, for Now, tv and i have a samsung smart tv with the now app already installed.
    But it won't let me into the app on the tv and we can't mirror from phone. It also won't allow me to uninstall and reinstall the app.
    Any ideas?

When I had this issue with LG, I was on the Uk store - and they had two different apps one for UK and one for Ireland. When I changed store location I could download the Irish now tv app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Thanks Kurn but actually discovered the solution on the Samsung website. Had to hold power button on remote for 5 seconds amd when it restarted it had fixed the prob.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Now are planning on introducing 4K and Dolby Atmos

https://www.homecinemachoice.com/content/streaming-service-now-planning-4k-hdr-and-dolby-atmos-well-50fps-live-sports

I wish Full HD would launch here pretty soon :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

FFS I just signed up to Now yesterday, with a 6 month contract since it was half price, specifically to watch Your Honor which is all over their advertising, and now I’m into the service it says the show is only available until 3rd June, i.e. today

Anyone know where I can continue watching it after?

• Advertisement

quokula wrote:
    Anyone know where I can continue watching it after?

I watched the entire season on Showtime before Sky got it.

Did you actually sign up to a six month contract? Usually they offer 6 months half price but you can cancel after the first month. Happy to be corrected but I thought the advantage of Now was that it's only a month you purchase at a time and no contract as such

Advertisement