Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

sp00k wrote: »
    Can someone confirm if the NowTV entertainment pass @ €15 per month is in HD 1080p? I can't figure it out at all from their site.

I've wondered this too. Always assumed it was 1080, but apparently it's only 720 and you have to pay extra to get the full HD experience. And the pay extra option isn't available here yet, I don't think. But someone can correct me if I'm wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭decor58

sp00k wrote: »
    Can someone confirm if the NowTV entertainment pass @ €15 per month is in HD 1080p? I can't figure it out at all from their site.

Can not confirm but no mention of HD on any of the channels but the quality is very good, not HD quality but good just the same

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

In the UK there is Now TV Boost which adds HD, multiroom (3 streams) and Dolby 5.1 for £3pm. Don’t think it’s available in Ireland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

decor58 wrote: »
    Can not confirm but no mention of HD on any of the channels but the quality is very good, not HD quality but good just the same

My TV tells me its 1080 when I start streaming

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Butson wrote: »
    My TV tells me its 1080 when I start streaming

The box/stick can be set to output 1080 (it's a basic ROKU system setting) and that is what your TV is registering, which is correct to properly stream Netflix but NowTV streams are 720 in the republic, as noted above.

Link to NowTV site confirming same:

https://help.nowtv.com/ie/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

Dave..M wrote: »
    The box/stick can be set to output 1080 (it's a basic ROKU system setting) and that is what your TV is registering, which is correct to properly stream Netflix but NowTV streams are 720 in the republic, as noted above.

Link to NowTV site confirming same:

https://help.nowtv.com/ie/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

I see.
    Still miles better than SD on Sky.
    Streaming sports on Now TV in Ireland looks pretty much like HD on Sky in terms of quality

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Butson wrote: »
    I see.
    Still miles better than SD on Sky.
    Streaming sports on Now TV in Ireland looks pretty much like HD on Sky in terms of quality

The 4K football streams on Primevideo around chrimbo were in a different league (no pun intended) in comparison, some were even in HDR.
    Given the price premium here for NOWTV compared to the UK prices it would be fair if they did offer 1080 as standard but they won't because, well, they're SKY and we in Ireland can eat cake!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Saint Tom

Is it me or have they reduced the amount of devices that you can watch simultaneously from three to two? Seem to recall reading here that it was three?

Any word on now tv boost being made available in ROI?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Saint Tom wrote: »
    Is it me or have they reduced the amount of devices that you can watch simultaneously from three to two? Seem to recall reading here that it was three?

Any word on now tv boost being made available in ROI?

It has been watch 2 at the same time for as long as I can remember

They recently changed the amount of devices you can register from 4 to 6

No word yet on TV Boost being available here - which is UK only, now that does allow watch on 3 devices at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Do these smart sticks let you watch live RTE and Virgin media anyone know?

• Advertisement

Do these smart sticks let you watch live RTE and Virgin media anyone know?

VM on Nowtv stick has a live section, no live on RTÉ player but some programs are up after they have finished broadcasting.

Out of curiosity I put the NowTV stick in the case going on holiday, Southern France, handy because the TV in the apartment wasn't smart, Netflix, YouTube, RTÉ player, VM player, tune in radio all work,

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The Portability Regulation is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'm surprised that free services like RTE Player and VM player work in other countries. I thought that European directive was for pay services only? Unless the Now TV apps revert to watered down international versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

decor58 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity I put the NowTV stick in the case going on holiday, Southern France, handy because the TV in the apartment wasn't smart, Netflix, YouTube, RTÉ player, VM player, tune in radio all work,

Are you paying for the entertainment pack for the rte player to work abroad?

Are you paying for the entertainment pack for the rte player to work abroad?

No, no sub, just using the standard apps, as I said I brought it out of curiosity, we normally bring a tablet for Netflix YouTube and news but the stick worked out OK. No adds on RTE or VM players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Disney+ is coming to Sky and Now TV (but Now TV will be in the "coming months"):

"Disney+, which is due to launch in the UK and much of western Europe on 24 March, is to be integrated into the Sky Q box, to be followed by Sky’s streaming service Now TV in the coming months. Disney+ is also being made available as a standalone app.

The multi-year deal is structured in a similar way to Sky’s deal with Netflix, which includes Netflix programming being included in the Sky TV and on-demand service that was renewed last month."

If it's similar to Netflix as reported, then that presumably means an app on the Now TV boxes and sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

DAZN will be next presumably when they launch in May. Their app is currently available on German Sky Q boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Is there a NOW TV (Ireland) app for Apple TV 4K yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Is there a NOW TV (Ireland) app for Apple TV 4K yet?

Yes been out for ages it's on the app store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Yes been out for ages it's on the app store

Excellent. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Has anybody with Sky Sports or Sports Extra packs on Now TV managed to get a "Pause" or an offer with no Live sport at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sticks on offer for in Dunne’s if your shopping for older people that might need some company.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Hi guys quick question. If I want to get all the box sets is it the entertainment pack I am looking for?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

den87 wrote: »
    Hi guys quick question. If I want to get all the box sets is it the entertainment pack I am looking for?

Thanks

Yeah that's the one

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Does that include The Sopranos, The Wire etc?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

den87 wrote: »
    Does that include The Sopranos, The Wire etc?
    Thanks

Their HBO content comes and goes all the time, but think they are both still on it. If you download the justwatch app or go to the justwatch website, you can filter on Now TV and see exactly what their current line-up of shows are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭kooga

with the current covid 19 pandemic im based in cork with my uk now tv box and just to say ITV hub is working fine - there is no geo blocking - no access to My5 though.

the only thing I cant do is buy passes or apply vouchers when im roaming in the EU.

kooga wrote: »
    with the current covid 19 pandemic im based in cork with my uk now tv box and just to say ITV hub is working fine - there is no geo blocking - no access to My5 though.

the only thing I cant do is buy passes or apply vouchers when im roaming in the EU.

Same here on a Humax Freesat box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

Channel 4 is not working anymore on my now tv it asks me to register but I cannot register as it will not accept my post code. Any help would be great

Advertisement