Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I have my old gmail app back?

Options
  • 01-01-2017 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Please?

Stupidly updated the app and HATE the new one. Any possibility to revert to old one on iPhone ??

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'm with you on this, i used gmail a LOT, and i absolutely hate the new app! :(

Devastated when i updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

eeloe wrote: »
    I'm with you on this, i used gmail a LOT, and i absolutely hate the new app! :(

Devastated when i updated.

It's absolutely pants. Feck you google. Feck you

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

why not use the built in mail for gmail?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Blazer wrote: »
    why not use the built in mail for gmail?

Tell me more pls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

vicwatson wrote: »
    Tell me more pls

In settings you can add the Gmail account to mail.app. Just need the email address and password AFAIK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

In settings you can add the Gmail account to mail.app. Just need the email address and password AFAIK

yep...just going to mail and click on add new account. You'll see the gmail logo and you just need to enter your details.
    I find it much easier having one app for all my email etc.
    I use the standard mail app for iCloud, outlook, msn and gmail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I use spark for emails on my iphone. Have my gmail, hotmail, pop and work mails set up on it. It's a great app and much better imo than then built in email iphone app. Plus it's free.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I stopped using the Gmail app too a while ago when they removed the signatures from your alias. I'm using Outlook now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

TinCool wrote: »
    I use spark for emails on my iphone. Have my gmail, hotmail, pop and work mails set up on it. It's a great app and much better imo than then built in email iphone app. Plus it's free.

I use Spark too. It's a bit slower to load, but a very nice app. Originally used Mailbox until it was killed by Dropbox.

I use Outlook on Android, it's nearly as good as Spark, haven't tried it on iOS.

Advertisement