Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad lodger or am I unreasonable?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

Complaints seem a bit of a mixed bag but it hardly matters. Your house,your rules. Should be easy enough to role the dice again and get another person in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Actually sounds like this chap has some mental health issues but you have the right to terminate his contract. Best of luck with it

I actually thought the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Looks to me like OP got used to the 18 year old country lads who bring their washing home with them to Mammy for the weekend and eat out all the time. Now that someone actually wants to “live” in the house they are realising the extent to which that could impede on their lifestyle.

Honestly, you don’t sound like you’re that stretched financially and need the monthly income so stick to the college lads/girls every year and it should work out for you. At that age they’re still too shy to assert themselves properly and if you actually expect someone to basically book the washing machine before using it you will struggle to live with a lot of adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Why is someone in their mid 30s living as a lodger, rather than having a tenancy of their own.

What a ridiculous comment and attitude to have. No wonder some lost the head during the boom and felt they had to have a place of their own at any cost. I'm 35 and lodging for last year as I am single but saving for my own place. As a result of lodging by this time next year I'll have a big fat six figure house deposit and I'll have made a friend for life. Not everyone is a sheep you know.
    Try thinking for yourself.

To the OP, I'd get rid of him. Lodging works for me atm but there's got to be give and take on both0sides. You'll turn into an axe murderer otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

It doesn't really matter if people think he's being unreasonable or not. You're not happy with him being there. Get rid of him for your own sanity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 kiferea

Thanks to all for your opinion, much appreciated.

The guy has actually been very good since then and he did us a couple of big favours( he did not have to do that at all).
    Feel really bad now giving out about him. We will have a chat just about the candles and the blocked sink( the rest we can live with).

Moderators can we please delete this thread?

Many thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement