Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloud based household budget app that can sync between iOS and Android

• 01-01-2017 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I gave a look through the other finance forums here but couldn't find one suitable so if this post is in the wrong forum please let me know the correct one.

I'm looking if anyone could recommend a household budget app for me please that I can have on my iPhone and my wife can have on her Android phone that can be synced together.

I don't mind paying for one but I don't want a subscription one that costs €23.99 for 6 months (like Goodbudget).

Thanks very much,
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

May I ask what household budgetary features you require from this App?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

I downloaded around a dozen different ones and eventually settled on Spending Tracker by MH Riley.

It doesn't have the cloud based syncing that I initially wanted. But it does have everything else. I bought the Pro version after using the free version for a few days (only €3).

There's a budget mode in it that you can turn on if you like but it's got a lot of stuff for free that other apps limited you (like adding new categories for expenses). Been using this one for the last few days and all going well.

Main reason I wanted one was to keep track of the household expenses for the year and see how much we could reasonable save and also to possibly point out areas where we could cut back.

The main reasons for getting the Pro version was to get access to the repeating feature for income and expenses (setting my salary, broadband bill etc) for each month rather than having to manually input them all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

We use YNAB 4, which is an excellent budgeting app for desktop with cloud sync and on both iPhone and Android. We've been using it for several years and it's terrific. It was a one off purchase of something like €40. It's been renamed YNAB Classic as it's been superseded by a subscription based online version which is $50 per year.

I've tried about a dozen budgeting apps but if you can get your hands on YNAB 4 it really is the best one out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

YNAB4 is the correct answer.

Advertisement