Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catalan independence referendum, 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

bertie 56 wrote: »

Wrong.

The referendum wasn't declared unconstitutional for this reason . Check it.

Wrong again ! .

You'll need to read more than the line of Wikipedia that talks about it , to get the whole picture about the legal process . ( once again :rolleyes :

I don't need to "check it" it's well documented. Catalonian Statutes of Autonomy, your own Parliamentary rules. We've been over this multiple times on the thread. Until you have 2/3 majority the conversation doesn't go any further.

It doesn't come from me, but from the Parliament of Catalonia who decided this at a majority of votes the 10th of January 2016.
    Not my idea, sorry....

Sorry but it comes from the constitution and the Spanish people who voted on 26 June 2016 which allows central government to enact article 155 and appoint Sanez as president of Catalonia with a majority of the votes for PP.

You do insult the intelligence of the people outside Spain, and that is not nice .
    People are well able ( in general !!! ) to get information, and varying the sources to get an accurate vision of the problem.
    I'm surprise how pro-independence are ,in the vast majority , people that have a bit of interest in the subject. To add to this, there is far less " fachas " than in the peninsula .
    Talking back about Catalans, around 70 % of those living abroad have independentist affinity, for example.
    The fact that they often read in another language than the main formated Spanish stream helps a lot too.

This is just more rambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭bertie 56

Scotland is a country, Catalonia is not.

Ah ! Mmmmm... I'll be happy to hear more arguments from you showing me this.

The Scottish vote was sanctioned by U.K. Parliament

Yes. The UK parliament is clever enough to hear the claims of his people. And advanced enough to propose evolution . That is called true democracy.
    Scots are lucky !
    In some other countries , you get baton blows and rubber bullets if you dare asking for something fair ...

• Advertisement

I don't need to "check it" it's well documented. Catalonian Statutes of Autonomy, your own Parliamentary rules. We've been over this multiple times on the thread. Until you have 2/3 majority the conversation doesn't go any further.

It is so well documented that , so far, you haven't been able to provide me any link of any sort that could prove that.

Tell me, are you confident in reading in Spanish ? in Catalan ?

Or you just read " Wiki " in English and " El Pais in English " ?

There is nothing wrong in not knowing these languages, but if English is enough for talking in a thread about " which disco is best for hot chicks in Torremolinos ", it's a bit short for arguing in a thread about the legal requirements needed to settle a legal referendum in Catalonia !!!

Tell me then , are you confident in reading in Spanish ? in Catalan ?

For example, how did you come up with the magic number of 40% as being an acceptable percentage to be president of Catalonia?
    It doesn't come from me, but from the Parliament of Catalonia who decided this at a majority of votes the 10th of January 2016.
    Not my idea, sorry.... cool.png
    Sorry but it comes from the constitution and the Spanish people who voted on 28 June 2016 which allows central government to enact article 155 and appoint Sanez as president of Catalonia with a majority of the votes for PP.

You are worrying me, my friend... Seriously now ....
    You are mixing everything once again....
    According to you, the election of Puigdemont comes from the national Spanish vote of the General elections in Spain in June but then it's Soraya Sáenz de Santamaria who won with a majority of votes ....
    Ah ! Mmmmm !! :confused::confused::confused:

PS : by the way, there were no elections the 28 th of June 2016 in Spain. Just saying...

This is just more rambling.

Typical answer when short of valid argument ... :rolleyes:

You are worrying me, my friend... Seriously now ....
    You are mixing everything once again....
    According to you, the election of Puigdemont comes from the national Spanish vote of the General elections in Spain in June but then it's Soraya Sáenz de Santamaria who won with a majority of votes ....
    Ah ! Mmmmm !! :confused::confused::confused:

PS : by the way, there were no elections the 28 th of June 2016 in Spain. Just saying...

What I'm saying is that the only reason the Catalan Parliament exists is because the Spanish people allows it exist as per the constitution. So when the entire country votes on the 26th June they are also voting to give the central government the authority to manage the autonomous regions and enact article 155 and appoint Sanez, or whoever the central government decides, as President of that region should they need to enact 155.

‘Concert for the Freedom of Political Prisoners’ sells over 50k

Nice movement of solidarity from the Catalans towards their political prisoners in the Barcelona Olympic Stadium last night .

All sales goes to the Solidarity Fund, to help paying bail, fines and legal fees.

• Advertisement

Yes. The UK parliament is clever enough to hear the claims of his people. And advanced enough to propose evolution . That is called true democracy.
    Scots are lucky !
    In some other countries , you get baton blows and rubber bullets if you dare asking for something fair ...

Interesting who you invoke democracy but also think that the referendum on the 1st October was democratic.

As for the picture, just more victimhood. You are not a victim and there is no oppression in Catalonia.

‘Concert for the Freedom of Political Prisoners’ sells over 50k

Nice movement of solidarity from the Catalans towards their political prisoners in the Barcelona Olympic Stadium last night .

All sales goes to the Solidarity Fund, to help paying bail, fines and legal fees.

Don't tell me the 3% has run out already or is there not enough in the Andorran bank accounts? :cool:

El Español Poll: Pro-independence block to secure an absolute majority with 68 to 72 MPs.
    Poll coming from a Spanish newspaper .

Ah ! Mmmmm... I'll be happy to hear more arguments from you showing me this.

So Scotland is not a country? I'm sure they'd be please to hear that :D

What I'm saying is that the only reason the Catalan Parliament exists is because the Spanish people allows it exist

They should be thankful, then, no ?

That is a worrying position in the heart of modern Europe. I don't know if you realize ...:rolleyes:

It is typically the type of colonizer speech that Catalan people are sick of ... Big time...

No surprise they want to get their own freedom !!!
    ( you could add your speech to " what will win Catalonia at being independent )

Interesting who you invoke democracy but also think that the referendum on the 1st October was democratic.

What is your point of view about a referendum ?
    Would you agree on a fair and clean referendum organize for the citizens of Catalonia ?

Don't tell me the 3% has run out already or is there not enough in the Andorran bank accounts? :cool:

I'll be you, I wouldn't go towards this slippery road !
    The PP you defend is the political party the more corrupted in Europe !!! ...

" When the monkey wants to climb the coconut tree , he must be sure before to have a clean arse "
    :D:D:D

There is no oppression in Catalonia.

" You are only as blind as you want to be... "

Once the Catalonia recent history will be in books , your dogma will fall into the category " revisionism ".

So Scotland is not a country? I'm sure they'd be please to hear that :D

Good twist, but not convincing enough to elude the question .

As usual, no argument, then ??? :rolleyes:

Would you agree on a fair and clean referendum organize for the citizens of Catalonia ?

Of course I would agree but what I don't agree to is a one sided referendum where the independence movement occupies the polling stations, rigs the election and then makes UDI based in the results of a phoney election.

• Advertisement

Good twist, but not convincing enough to elude the question .

As usual, no argument, then ??? :rolleyes:

Where is the twist, Scotland is a country and Catalonia is not?

" You are only as blind as you want to be... "

Once the Catalonia recent history will be in books , your dogma will fall into the category " revisionism ".

...and tomorrow you will still be delusional.

Where is the twist, Scotland is a country and Catalonia is not?

Still no argument explaining your position....

...and tomorrow you will still be delusional.

If the majority is delusional, that is not too bad !
    Although I wouldn't be really happy to be on the majority side all the time , there is always the risk of become conventional ! Jejejeje....

Of course I would agree

Ok. And if Spain says " no " ?

Ok. And if Spain says " no " ?

If Spain says no then it's adiós amigo. The same principle applies to a United Ireland, the whole country gets to decide. That was engrained in the constitution that 90% of the Catalan people voted for.

Still no argument explaining your position....

There is no argument to explain. It's a statement of fact that Scotland is a country and Catalonia is not.

If Spain says no then it's adiós amigo. The same principle applies to a United Ireland, the whole country gets to decide. That was engrained in the constitution that 90% of the Catalan people voted for.

Ok. So I suppose you agreed that there is no point for the pro-choice people to ask to repeal the 8th Amendment ? Since it is engraved in the Constitution, and therefore can't be moved . Is that you point of view , or you think that some changes in the Constitution should be made possible ?

• Advertisement

Ok. So I suppose you agreed that there is no point for the pro-choice people to ask to repeal the 8th Amendment ? Since it is engraved in the Constitution, and therefore can't be moved . Is that you point of view , or you think that some changes in the Constitution should be made possible ?

But that's exactly what will happen. Pro choice activists have successfully lobbied for this and Ireland will have a referendum on the 8th amendment of the constitution in 2018. If the majority of people vote in favour of amending the constitution then abortion will no longer be illegal in Ireland.

Prior to 1996 divorce was illegal under the Irish constitution. A referendum was held and the majority of people voted in favour of changing the constitution to allow for married couples to divorce.

Advertisement