Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Wipe Dispenser

Options
  • 01-01-2017 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find a pack of baby wipes that come in a refillable pop up tub like this.

They seem very easy to come by in the USA but I can't find any here apart from on Amazon at a ridiculous price with ridiculous postage. All of the baby wipes here seem to just come in disposable packets.

I just want them for the box really, as I plan to use my own washable cloth wipes. The brand doesn't matter, although from what I've read on lots of american blogs, the huggies boxes seem to work well with cloth wipes.

Has anyone seen anything at all like this for sale in Ireland?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Cheeky wipes sell kits for cloth wipes, and you can ask about a box on its own. Cloth wipes probably wouldn't fit through a dispenser like that as the fabric is thick and doesn't pull out the next one like throwaway wipes. I used a bag from the kit I got from Cheeky Wipes for out and about and the box at home.

http://www.cheekywipes.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I'm trying to find a pack of baby wipes that come in a refillable pop up tub like this.

They seem very easy to come by in the USA but I can't find any here apart from on Amazon at a ridiculous price with ridiculous postage. All of the baby wipes here seem to just come in disposable packets.

I just want them for the box really, as I plan to use my own washable cloth wipes. The brand doesn't matter, although from what I've read on lots of american blogs, the huggies boxes seem to work well with cloth wipes.

Has anyone seen anything at all like this for sale in Ireland?

Thanks

I got a a plastic wipe container either in dealz or euro land (or whatever its called). You got a free packs of wipes with it. I think it was a white pampers one? Anyway I made my own wipes that's why I wanted it. They were homemade disposable wipes ;)
    You could try mr price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

Thanks for the replies. :)

The cheeky wipes box looks just like an ordinary box. Does it have a dispensing function? I had a look in Dealz but they don't seem to be doing them anymore.

Anyway, I ended up just getting a cheap plastic lunch box in Tesco. The wipe dispenser seemed like a great idea but at least this way I won't need to fold the wipes in a special way after every wash. I can just throw them straight into the box. The only difference is I'll need to open a lid each time I want to get a wipe out, which is hardly that much trouble!

Also, I can store my home made wipe spray in the box with the wipes.

I'll keep an eye out anyway and update if I eventually find a dispenser box, in case anyone else is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Millem wrote: »
    Anyway I made my own wipes that's why I wanted it. They were homemade disposable wipes ;)

I'm intrigued by these homemade wipes - how do you make them? I know the bought ones are not environmentally friendly, if there is a handy alternative, I'd be willing to try them.

Hi I Just found a receipe on google!
    You need to buy "plenty" kitchen roll for them. It is the only one that will work. They were perfect!
    I made them when my son was tiny as I was afraid to use normal wipes!!!

I will try and find receipe and post link! It was nearly 3 years a ago!

• Advertisement

There are so many different recipes out there. The one I am going to use is very simple.

500ml of water
    1 tbsp of either almond or coconut oil
    1 tbsp of aloe vera

I've gone with this as it has very few ingredients. The less stuff you put on the baby's skin, the better, from what I've read. A lot of the recipes have tea tree oil, which I think is a bit harsh. I bought both almond and coconut oil so I can try them and see which one I prefer.

As far as I know, you can use the same thing for either cloth or home made disposable wipes made with kitchen roll. You can either soak them and store them moist in an airtight container or store them dry and spray on your solution as you use them, which is what I plan to do. If you do it this way you have to shake the bottle before every use because the oil and water separate.

Waterfaerie I soaked the wipes :) I remember seeing tea tree oil alright! I think it is to stop mould? I didn't use it! I have seen ones where they use a spoon of that yellow johnsons wash and a spoon of baby oil too. But I am sure you can use whatever wash you want :)
    I wouldn't do that one on a brand new baby though!

Implausible Instead of kitchen roll you cut up face cloths to make them reusable. From memory ikea have really really cheap "guest towels". They are a little bigger than a face cloth I might try and could cut them up using pinking shears.

Yeah, mould is one of the reasons why I don't plan on soaking them. I've read that the liquid in a bottle keeps for a lot longer than cloths that have been soaking in it in a box. I suppose I'll find out soon enough!

The Ikea towels sound like a great idea. I got my wipes from Aliexpress. They were called baby wash cloths and they were so, so cheap compared to anything marketed specifically as reusable baby wipes. They're made of quite a thin cotton, flannel fabric and they're super soft. I won't know if they're any good I suppose until they've been used and washed several times.

In case anyone else is looking for one of these, I finally found a wipe dispenser box in TK Maxx.

It's called Koo-di Essential Baby Box and it was €9.99. It's actually supposed to be a multipurpose box and it comes with two compartments, a wipe dispenser on top and storage for a nappy and travel changing mat underneath. The changing mat is included with it.

I just removed the bit that separates the top and bottom so I can just use it as a wipe dispenser. I've tested it and it works really well with my cloth wipes. It holds about 30 of them.

It's hard to believe my baby wasn't even here yet the last time I posted about this. I was posting on another thread about cloth nappies etc. and it reminded me of this thread.

Anyway, just to update, after 6 months of use the Koo-di box and cloth wipes from aliexpress are still going strong.

• Advertisement
Advertisement