Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile phone enter compition

Options
  • 01-01-2017 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

advice needed my wife subscribed to a compition on her phone one for tesco and one for argos though nothing of it till the company involved took all her credit.now she contacted her provider vodaphone who gave her numbers to stop the loss she again toped up and low and behold her money is gone again now we are both silver surfers so what can she do ,any suggestions would be appricated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

spatchco wrote: »
    advice needed my wife subscribed to a compition on her phone one for tesco and one for argos though nothing of it till the company involved took all her credit.now she contacted her provider vodaphone who gave her numbers to stop the loss she again toped up and low and behold her money is gone again now we are both silver surfers so what can she do ,any suggestions would be appricated

I would put money on it that these were scams and not tesco/argos.

She will need to contact her provider and also Google the phone numbers vodafone gave her. These will point towards the company where the texts originate. Then contact them and request a refund but be in for a wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

thanks for the quick reply,did not want to use the word scam in case we offend some one we realise now that it is a scam but twice we contacted vodofone and they did in fairness give her numbers to stop the money being scamed but they did not appear to work so dont know is she should change her number as if she keeps and tops up its gone again,,,oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

thanks for the quick reply,did not want to use the word scam in case we offend some one we realise now that it is a scam but twice we contacted vodofone and they did in fairness give her numbers to stop the money being scamed but they did not appear to work so dont know is she should change her number as if she keeps and tops up its gone again,,,oh well
    What were the numbers they gave you to text/call?

frostyjim this is the number vodofone gave her to call 0766801002 in both cases the number answered and the person assured her that it would stop,but it hasent,,,

frostyjim just googled it as you suggested and lot of queries so will follow it up after the bankholiday thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

I'd say your wife subscribed to this: http://app.pinchecker.com/index_v2.php?partner=tc_v2_mm_ie_gtz&transaction_id=2974-83762997&aff_id=2101&pca=iSPJ8TR&x_synd_id=tc_v2_mm_ie_gtz&sid=olvhd3pjc9u5g82r24p2su92q7

Its a competition advertising Tesco but actually being run by a crowd called Minted Mobi. If your wife goes into the T & Cs on the comp it will tell you how to unsubscribe.
    Hope it helps.

Advertisement