Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCB statement

Options
  • 01-01-2017 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just got a renewal notice from our car insurance company. They have sent a letter stating that the NCB is 1 year on that policy and the renewal is on the top end of their discount scale (>55%). I asked for a proper NCB statement to be sent, but they just resent me the same statement and a copy of the letter we sent them last year advising how many years NCB we had.

I thought it was a legal requirement to send a statement advising the total amount of NCB that the driver had? Am I correct or are the insurance company right? Also will other insurers accept these letters?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

As long as they show their scale thus confirms that recent year earned with them and the fact You are on top of their scale means u can shop around in confidence that NCB is acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

apparently this was an 'error' on behalf of the insurer for renewals in dec. I reckon not, but will give them the benefit of the doubt for the moment.

Advertisement