Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 - 1000 Mile Challenge

• 01-01-2017 8:28pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Apologies for the delay in getting the spreadsheet setup, but we're finally live. Here is the link to the shiny new 2017 version:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vJn7MeR0HE1EzddmmelX19pcA_jib1O7aLp2p5lwR4o/edit?usp=sharing

Same as previous years we are using Google Docs again, just click on the link above and enter your boardsie name in column A and then how far your total miles are for the year in column C, or if you count in kilometres enter that in column D. If you want you can also enter you age/ gender category in column B. Your ranking amongst the boardsies is shown on the Positions sheet.

Do not edit any other columns, except for the completion date when you have done your 1000miles. For some reason it doesn't seem to have copied the access list for the protected sheet to the new one for me this year so if you want access to that then you'll need to PM me your Google email address so that I can enable access again, unless a Google Docs guru can help me out with what I did wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Thanks for this. FYI the Average Weekly Mileage is not calculating correctly, probably because the formula still contains the year 2016. Cheers. Happy running in 2017.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Murph_D wrote: »
    Thanks for this. FYI the Average Weekly Mileage is not calculating correctly, probably because the formula still contains the year 2016. Cheers. Happy running in 2017.

I always forget that one. Should be sorted now, along with a couple of other 2016 instances I just saw and corrected.

Was last year a leap year as well? Think that may cause another error somewhere in the calculations. Prize of a free parkrun to whoever spots the next deliberate mistake...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Seems that there are still some issues with people getting access to the protected sheet, and I'm not certain what I've done wrong this time. If anyone has any clues about what I need to change then let me know as I can't find the missing setting so far...

Edit: Think I may have just found it and those of you who had messaged me should now be able to edit the protected sheet again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

6 weeks earlier than last year, hit the 1,000 tonight. Have been so lucky to have had 10 weeks of completely uninterrupted training since January 1st. Hoping the next 1,000 will be even half as enjoyable :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Ososlo wrote: »
    6 weeks earlier than last year, hit the 1,000 tonight. Have been so lucky to have had 10 weeks of completely uninterrupted training since January 1st. Hoping the next 1,000 will be even half as enjoyable :cool:

Congratulations Ososlo. A terrific achievement. I would be interested to know how you structure your training. Do you take a rest day? How many sessions per day? Do you do intensity work? Do you work full time? etc....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Congratulations Ososlo. A terrific achievement. I would be interested to know how you structure your training. Do you take a rest day? How many sessions per day? Do you do intensity work? Do you work full time? etc....

Hey, runnerholic, thanks!
    I take one day off per week, and run as many double days as possible which is usually about 4 per week. I'm not doing much in the way of intensity work this block, as it's mainly all slow running in preparation for Belfast 24 hour ultra race in July. I work part-time currently so do have plenty of time to train :-) I have a log over in the 'Training Logs' section :-)

Ososlo wrote: »
    Hey, runnerholic, thanks!
    I take one day off per week, and run as many double days as possible which is usually about 4 per week. I'm not doing much in the way of intensity work this block, as it's mainly all slow running in preparation for Belfast 24 hour ultra race in July. I work part-time currently so do have plenty of time to train :-) I have a log over in the 'Training Logs' section :-)

Thanks for that Ososlo. Keep up the good work and best of luck in the 24hr. I'll check out your log :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

Happy to say I hit the 1,000 miles on Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Passed 1609km :) yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

1000 miles on a lunch time run today, 9 days earlier than last year :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

1000 miles on a lunch time run today, 9 days earlier than last year :cool:
    Hell of a run. That's gotta be some kind of record? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Consider me inspired by Enduro's run over the weekend!

I don't remember adding yesterdays run to the spreadsheet. Is there a way to check when you made your last entry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I don't remember adding yesterdays run to the spreadsheet. Is there a way to check when you made your last entry?
    Today: 916 kms.
    Yesterday: 916 kms.
    Your last update was around the 2nd May @19:03. Google knows all.

Today: 916 kms.
    Yesterday: 916 kms.
    Your last update was around the 2nd May @19:03. Google knows all.

Thanks a mill for that. In one way that's a little scary :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

Went over the 1k mark on Sat on the way to parkrun I'd guess. Bit later than last year as was off the road for ~10 days cause of a dose of something back in Feb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Hell of a lunch break too. You a banker or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

1000 miles for 2017 passed this morning on the way to work, appropriately within sight of Ososlo Park. 8 days sooner than last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Have been out the past 3 weeks with a non-exercise related injury. Bad news today from consultant means I'm likely to be unfit for vigorous training until December. Yikes, looks like that's my lot for 2017 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Have been out the past 3 weeks with a non-exercise related injury. Bad news today from consultant means I'm likely to be unfit for vigorous training until December. Yikes, looks like that's my lot for 2017 :(

Sorry to hear it, best of luck & take it handy coming back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭kookiebrew

1000 miles completed today on my day off, couldnt wait another day... 11 days earlier than last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Crossed the 1000 yesterday, unbeknownst to myself - 3 days earlier than last yr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Crossed the 1k rubicon today, nearly 6 weeks sooner than last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

1000 miles done and dusted with an easy 4 miler this morning, almost a month earlier than last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I just noticed, the formula for the "Year total estimate" in the Positions sheet is wrong. It still uses 366 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

finally stumbled over the 1,000 miles this morning on the way back from the coffee shuffle

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

A sun drenched Phoenix Park was the venue for my 1000th mile of the year. A good few months earlier than last year and all going well I'll be able to hit 2000 miles for the first time before the year is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

A very easy 6 mile run at lunch time today to hit the 1000 mile mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Brought up the 1000 with an easy trot along the beachfront on Costa Dorada (though my heart rate says different). Actually getting more regular runs on holiday than at home, albeit I won't be attempting any speed sessions.

Will pick up Dublin training plan when I get back, though tempted to give Listowel 6 or 12 hour runs a go while I have the miles in my legs.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Hit the 1,000th mile during recovery run this afternoon, appropriately in St. Anne's Park. A couple of weeks behind last year, partly due to experimenting with training for the mile and other shorter races earlier this year.

Advertisement