Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Online Banking Provider

• 01-01-2017 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Thinking of switching banks as AIB charging so much in fees. Is there any with decent online services such as AIBs?

Also, is there anyway to put a minimum amount lock on the current account. For example if I wanted to maintain a balance to avoid charges?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

KBC have decent app, online services and support Android Pay.

KBC have no day-to-day banking fees, with their Extra Current Account product, if you deposit at least 2,500 EUR per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Far less bells and whistles but worth considering as they no longer have a requirement for a minimum balance or monthly lodgement is the EBS Moneymanager a/c.

No mobile app, no Android pay, no chequebook and the debit card is not contactless but you can do electronic fund transfers in and out, setup SOs, DDs and do all of the other stuff that you get with current accounts.

http://www.ebs.ie/daily-banking/ebs-moneymanager-account-a-debit-card.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

PTSB have a setting so you get a text message when your balance drops below a threshold set by you. I find their online banking very easy to use but I've never used another banks one so can't compare.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I've used BOI and PTSB and the PTSB online banking is better by miles. They've recently changed their mobile app and it's great - very functional. In terms of fees, the account I have is free banking once you lodge over €1500 per month, but I'm not sure if that one is available anymore.

The Explore Account is what they currently have, it's a €4 flat fee per month and you can earn 10c cashback for using your debit card, so in theory if you use it enough you could offset your fees with your cashback.

Advertisement