Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone think we should have more ATM spots?

Options
  • 02-01-2017 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Like for example, there should be one in Sligo general, it's such a long walk for anyone not familiar with Sligo such as some of the patients families to go down to where the AIB bank is.

As well as with Quayside, it would be handy enough if there was an atm machine at the centre of the shopping centre. Yeah we could walk down to where the ATM is located in Kool Kids, but I feel that Tesco and it shouldn't be the only ATM machines in that corner. What do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cat12

Vlove wrote: »
    Like for example, there should be one in Sligo general, it's such a long walk for anyone not familiar with Sligo such as some of the patients families to go down to where the AIB bank is.

As well as with Quayside, it would be handy enough if there was an atm machine at the centre of the shopping centre. Yeah we could walk down to where the ATM is located in Kool Kids, but I feel that Tesco and it shouldn't be the only ATM machines in that corner. What do ye think?

I thought there was an ATM downstairs in the Quayside shopping centre... On the same level as tkmaxx?

There was an ATM in Sligo University Hospital opposite the foyer/seating area on level 3 but it was gotten rid of several years ago... Cost reasons maybe?? I do agree an ATM there would be v handy for both patients & staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

There is an atm on one of the middle levels in Quayside, also with debit cards now widespread don't see the need for more atm's. The few that don't accept them should wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

The one in the Quay Side is very out of the way, you would nearly forget it was there, would be more suited in a spot that had more traffic or footfall. Close to the middle or upper carpark doors/machines maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

The location of the ATM in Quayside is shocking. Grand when there used to be an extra stairs beside it and there was footfall but now it's in a secluded corner that'd quite dark too. I'm always very aware of who is around me when I get money from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,396 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

As we move towards a cashless society, the need for ATMs will decrease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I was in Sligo hospital for a week recently and there not being an ATM was a right pain. I knew there used to be one so I spent ages hobbling about looking for it.

Luckily for me I live in town and had visitors who could bring me cash, but if you're from further away you're in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,396 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Does the hosp shop/cafes have a card terminal?

The hosp accounts office does accept card payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Hombre Lobo

I don't think the vending machines take card anyway.
    I remember being stuck in A&E for nine hours a few months ago and after a certain time they close the entry door to it so you can't get out into the main hospital area. I had to pour all my cash into paying for the expensive car parking instead and I was starving for just about anything I could eat, but machines were cash only.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

I was in Sligo hospital for a week recently and there not being an ATM was a right pain. I knew there used to be one so I spent ages hobbling about looking for it.

Luckily for me I live in town and had visitors who could bring me cash, but if you're from further away you're in trouble.

Exactly, it would be better if the front of the hospital was wider and that the ATM was just right in front of ya!
    I remember being stuck in A&E for nine hours a few months ago and after a certain time they close the entry door to it so you can't get out into the main hospital area. I had to pour all my cash into paying for the expensive car parking instead and I was starving for just about anything I could eat, but machines were cash only.

Oh my gosh that's a disgrace, they really need to upgrade that hospital properly seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

You'd have been better off not paying for the car park, it's not necessary.

• Advertisement
Advertisement