Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 20 Match day Thread. 3pm teams now in OP. MOD POST #655

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Chesty08 wrote: »
    So every defender who has kept a clean sheet and got awarded Bps for it got the bps on the basis they "single handedly" kept the clean sheet?

No, not at all. It just makes no sense how coming on having missed almost a third of the game can have such a huge baring on the bonus points system.

I bet if the roles were reversed and he was substituted after 60 minutes he may not get the bonus?

Why does Clichy get so many points today and Brunt doesn't? Same goes why is Clichy so high and not MacCauley?

Can anyone at least tell me Nyom was excellent today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Back to the point on topic

BPS have changed post MNU WHU match

3 - Mata
    2 - Zlatan
    1 - Rojo, Herrera

I don't really see what the actual point is in this but my ID is 157 for what it's worth. Looks like my history is better but yours isn't too bad either. A few very good finishes and a few average finishes. My first season doesn't really count by the way since I only joined in February that season.

I don't know the rules.

Impressive performance. Your cock is certainly bigger than mine.:P

• Site Banned Posts: 32 Streppy

Peter, you've finished in the top 10k once (barely) in 8 seasons.

Sorry to break this to you but you're not a good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Only checked my team now.42 so far with 4 to play.I actually forgot that I put McCauley in my XI.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

No, not at all. It just makes no sense how coming on having missed almost a third of the game can have such a huge baring on the bonus points system.

I bet if the roles were reversed and he was substituted after 60 minutes he may not get the bonus?

Why does Clichy get so many points today and Brunt doesn't? Same goes why is Clichy so high and not MacCauley?

Can anyone at least tell me Nyom was excellent today?

It's pointless complaining to posters on here. The bonus system is what it is.
    Complain to the people who run the FPL website if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I don't know the rules.

Impressive performance. Your cock is certainly bigger than mine.:P

:)

Why's your name different to your username here by the way?

spock. wrote: »
    It's pointless complaining to posters on here. The bonus system is what it is.
    Complain to the people who run the FPL website if you want.

A man can't vent, in probably a thread that has more crying than any thread on the internet?

:)

Why's your name different to your username here by the way?

I'm from a small village called Peterswell. My name isn't actually Peter Swellman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Theres nothing in the calculations to make one 60 minute portion of the game more valuable than another.
    However football theory would suggest a defender will more likely get to do defendery things near the end of the game especially if his team is leading than in the early cagey stages of a game, and the defendery things (clearances,tackles etc) lead to BPs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Anyone for tennis?

Theres nothing in the calculations to make one 60 minute portion of the game more valuable than another.
    However football theory would suggest a defender will more likely get to do defendery things near the end of the game especially if his team is leading than in the early cagey stages of a game, and the defendery things (clearances,tackles etc) lead to BPs.

More than two clear cut assists? I'd find it hard to believe but going to be very interested to see Nyom's contribution on MOTD or the entire game if I get bored enough.

I'm from a small village called Peterswell. My name isn't actually Peter Swellman.

Ah ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

McCauley top of the goals scored so far for defenders, with 4 goals so far this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

How is the app so bad. I just wanna be able see a breakdown of points this gameweek. Shocking app altogether. Far better last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

More than two clear cut assists? I'd find it hard to believe but going to be very interested to see Nyom's contribution on MOTD or the entire game if I get bored enough.

Afaik (I don't know it inside out) assists don't actually count for a whole heap on BPs, kinda makes sense as you've already got 3 real points for it.

As for MOTD, I doubt there'll be much to see as they generally 'cut to FT' very quickly in those sort of games - you rarely if ever see a few late corners that are boringly headed out by the first defender for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

And captain obvious here doesn't.;)

I've had Phillips since GW13 FWIW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Streppy wrote: »
    Peter, you've finished in the top 10k once (barely) in 8 seasons.

Sorry to break this to you but you're not a good player.

How do you check this on the site?

Edit - nvm, found it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Pah...as probably predicted, my Paul Pogba punt was prohibited by a p1ss poor performance.

47 points with Costa, Azpi and Pieters to go.

My quasi rage sale of Özil instead of Payet not looking too clever at the minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Dice75 wrote: »
    How do you check this on the site?

Edit - nvm, found it

How? I couldn't find.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

43 from 6
    Bruntosaurus Chambers Phillips and captain Zlatan with 41.
    Lallana and Origi's single point each the sour note.
    A clean sheet for Stoke would be most welcome as I took Mannone out for Grant this week. (I've only had the option to rotate since last week!)
    Pieters Sanchez Hazard and Costa left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

62.... Rose, Holebas, Sanchez and Costa to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

59 with Sanchez and Costa to go - might finally see some green arrows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

How? I couldn't find.

Points tab then Gameweek History on right hand site

28 with Sanchez (c), Costa, Benteke, Alli and Koscielny to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

18 from 6. The less said the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

46 from 5, with Grant, Holebas, Smith, Hazard, Sanchez n Eriksen to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,310 ✭✭✭COH

KevIRL wrote: »
    18 from 6. The less said the better

Including triple captain? Terrible return for a wildcard all the same. At least now you'll be able to wildcard next week to put things right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

38 with San(c)hez, Kos,Costa and Benteke (hat trick please) to go. On par again for GW I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,310 ✭✭✭COH

28 (-4) with Costa, Hazard, Pieters and captain Benteke to play. Everyone around me has captained Sanchez.

I captained Benteke.

What was I thinking :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

22 from 5 with captain Sanchez to go. Got Lallana in for Siggy as a long term move but still very disappointed with his 1 today. Origi has to go now as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Anybody know what % captained Sanchez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

40 with 7 to go, captain played.

As with most gameweeks when one part is good the second part usually falls flat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A Zaha goalfest before his ACON adventure as nobody near me has him would be tasty.

As it stands I'm up to 49 with Zaha,Sanchez,Costa and Alonso(maybe Ake) to play.

• Advertisement

Anybody know what % captained Sanchez?

25% top 10k, 12% overall as per FPL Discovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Lemlin wrote: »
    Strikers are Costa, Defoe and Ibra. I'm Aguero's biggest fan but how the hell do you fit him in!?

Defoe scored two, Ibra is in magical form and Costa is playing like a man possessed.

I'm on the wildcard right now and am finding hard to justify fitting Aguero in, kind of feel like I should have some plan to get him in with two transfers just in case though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

28 from 4 players. 7,13,7,1. That's 4 goals between 4 players.
    Thought it was very good to start with but see im down another 42k.

Very deflating season so far, though i have been too busy to give it the attention I have done previously.
    Has everyone played 6/7 players already this gw or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

LostArt wrote: »
    I'm on the wildcard right now and am finding hard to justify fitting Aguero in, kind of feel like I should have some plan to get him in with two transfers just in case though!

With the form Costa & Zlatan are in, Aguero IMO isnt a necessity with that price tag.

Previous seasons, absolutely in my first 11 but with the above 2 and Kane in that price range doing well(ish), Costa & Zlatan would be my choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

29 from six. Alonso, Pedro, Sanchez(c), Alli and Costa left to go.

• Advertisement

With the form Costa & Zlatan are in, Aguero IMO isnt a necessity with that price tag.

Previous seasons, absolutely in my first 11 but with the above 2 and Kane in that price range doing well(ish), Costa & Zlatan would be my choice.

I agree with all this but price pressure/3 Chelsea dynamic in a squad adds a flavour to it for me as I tend to think that one of Costa/Haz can make way....

I thought the post match interview with Pep was weird.
    Is he going to "adjust" and make Kun undropable...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Just watching MOTD here, how come Heaton didn't get any save points?? He made a feckin rake of them, and the site says he only made one save.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Just watching MOTD here, how come Heaton didn't get any save points?? He made a feckin rake of them, and the site says he only made one save.

And where is FHFC to explain the no Sagna assist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

26 (-4) with Zaha. San(c)hez Hazard and Costa left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

35 from 5
    6, 8,4, 9, 8
    6 to go including captain Sanchez

Weird vibe in here recently.

Guys looking for advice all week and then gloating or crying.

Maybe some are better off doing their own research and going with that.

Other guys crying about the FPL rules - seems a waste of energy and a definite waste of time on any thread.

Man up people.

I'll be sticking to interacting with the regular and reasonable posters re opinions from now on.

I thought the gloating about Kun being on the bench was in bad taste considering the contributors that pointed out they brought him in for a hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rondon miscontrols ball
    Defender then plays it into morrisons path and an assist is given
    It's getting more and more random

May as well just always award it to the last attacker to touch the ball before the scorer and be done with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »
    Rondon miscontrols ball
    Defender then plays it into morrisons path and an assist is given
    It's getting more and more random

May as well just always award it to the last attacker to touch the ball before the scorer and be done with it

Dude. That was a STONEWALL FPL assist. The ball left Rondon, (whether he flicked it with his arse or played a stunning pass doesn't matter) heading square across the box, defence defender flicks on marginally changing direction but it's still heading across the box parallel to the end line. If the defender doesn't exist it goes to Morris on.

Exactly consistent with ALL the other assists awarded this season. Find me ONE that doesn't follow those protocols. Always err on the side of generous, a small deflection like that doesn't cancel the assist. Intent of the final ball doesn't matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

ElTel wrote: »
    And where is FHFC to explain the no Sagna assist.

Ball crossed into several players jumping for it around the 6 yard line, headed out of the box entirely, away from goal, by the defender. Completely changed the destination of the cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Jesus I mustn't have got the memo everyone was captaining Sanchez. 35(-4) 6 to play Ibra (C)

• Advertisement
Advertisement