Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 20 Match day Thread. 3pm teams now in OP. MOD POST #655

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Rubbish week. 42 points with 23 of those coming from sanchez, siggy, grant and Allen tonight.

Kane, Costa and Alli up tomorrow.

Dropped 200k places in two weeks up til tonight, I'm back hovering around the 194,000 mark now. Will take a miracle to get back to under 100,000 again. Pathetic season continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rikand wrote: »
    62 with Costa and Azpili to play :)

Back inside the top half million in the world for the first time since game week 7 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

63 with Alonso and Costa to play, up to about 150k overall, on a good run was about 600k in November after a poisonous start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Rubbish week. 42 points with 23 of those coming from sanchez, siggy, grant and Allen tonight.

Dropped 200k places in two weeks up til tonight, I'm back hovering around the 194,000 mark now. Will take a miracle to get back to under 100,000 again. Pathetic season continues.

Keep your head and you will get back into top 100k easily. I was 215k at the end of GW17, currently sitting at 95k without any 'spectacular' scoring weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I was 400k a couple of GWs ago, now 110k.

Last season I was about 700k at this point and got to 80k by the end.

You can easily get back in the top 100k.

Also, you do know 194k equals the top 5% of players? It's not 'pathetic' by any means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Currently sitting at 66K which I'm very happy about. A main Rival on 2 points ahead of me on 55K crikey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I said to myself in GW19 thread that my season would be over if I didn't get green arrows this week, being extremely negative (Got some reassuring messages back, thank you folks)

Slice of luck with Snodgrass, Philips & McAuley all playing against each other and scoring well has me climb to 150k and feeling positive now.

I've WC'd ready for the next GW and happy with it.

You have your WC as an option, even if you've already used it, that's the team you decided upon to get you points, be calm, it'll happen.

We all have bad days with FPL, a love/hate relationship but PMA. We're all in it together!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

49 with Alonso, Alli and Kane to go. Happy enough so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

60 with Costa, Alli and Walker all to play. I've gone from being 1,013,929th in GW 10 to being inside the top 40,000 :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

47 with Hazard and Costa to go. A fairly ok week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

57(-4).
    Hazard and Costa to play.

Back inside the top 2 million, happy enough with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,310 ✭✭✭COH

37 (-4)

Looked a great week on paper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Amazing, after the Stoke game finished last night I went and had a look at who was getting bonus points in all the games.

Three players were on 34 points in the Stoke v Watford game and those were Shawcross, Adam and Pieters. This is about ten minutes after the game finished. Just go and check it there now and Pieters only got one point.

Now it has Shawcross on 37, Adam on 34 and Pieters on 33.

For the last few weeks I've wanted Willian but the general consensus in here is that the position belongs to Pedro.

I think Willian is much superior and nailed on longer term but I brought Pedro in for this game because I reckoned he'll start after the suspension/rest.

Anything from Pedro tomorrow would be great but I think the conundrum still exists as to who's position it will be long term.

If Willian starts tomorrow I think it's definitely his.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

For the last few weeks I've wanted Willian but the general consensus in here is that the position belongs to Pedro.

I think Willian is much superior and nailed on longer term but I brought Pedro in for this game because I reckoned he'll start after the suspension/rest.

Anything from Pedro tomorrow would be great but I think the conundrum still exists as to who's position it will be long term.

If Willian starts tomorrow I think it's definitely his.

I prefer Willian too if I'm going to downgrade Haz. The game is on tonight though isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

bantee wrote: »
    I prefer Willian too if I'm going to downgrade Haz. The game is on tonight though isn't it?

What happens when Moses goes to AFCON? Would Willian play wing back ?

bantee wrote: »

Yeah. I'm abroad. It's my tomorrow.

Even if Pedro starts tonight it doesn't tell us a lot as he missed the last game through suspension so fresh legs and all that.

It'll be another 2-3 GW's before we know who gets that spot in the team - unless Willian starts tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

km79 wrote: »

Moses isn't going anywhere. Nigeria didn't qualify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Nigeria didn't qualify.

Benimar wrote: »
    Moses isn't going anywhere. Nigeria didn't qualify.

Oops :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

65 with Alonso and Costa to play.Never before had I been so interested in a Palace v Swansea game. Good old Zaha came up trumps before he heads off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

52 (-4) with Alli & Eriksen to go and I'm 99% casual at this stage.

Captained Kun this week, glad to see one or two more boring players went for him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

ScummyMan wrote:
    Jesus I know it's been said before, but the FSA Qualifying league really is unbelievably competitive.

It's crazy. I'm laying in 2nd, but one bad week would see you tumble out of the qualifying places. Where you laying?

I'm only in the free FSA league myself and it's my first time taking it seriously so might go competitive with the big dogs next year.

Sitting in 22nd in free league.With 1082pts ATM.

Kane has an INCREDIBLE record in these derbies !

Kane has an INCREDIBLE record in these derbies !

Great reminder for me to place a bet. Thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm only in the free FSA league myself and it's my first time taking it seriously so might go competitive with the big dogs next year.

Sitting in 22nd in free league.With 1082pts ATM.

How is lukaku playing

How is lukaku playing

He was sulking after the game.Probably because he didn't take the Peno. He grabbed ball and Barnes and Coleman took it off him. Only saw First Half the other day and we looked poor, saw Lukakus goal the which was excellently taken.

If Davies continues to play he'll get more chances as he plays balls through the middle more frequently than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He was sulking after the game.Probably because he didn't take the Peno. He grabbed ball and Barnes and Coleman took it off him. Only saw First Half the other day and we looked poor, saw Lukakus goal the which was excellently taken.

If Davies continues to play he'll get more chances as he plays balls through the middle more frequently than others.

Ye its a shame he is off pens . Unlike a lot on here I'm a fan of his in FF. Debating him for my wildcard some good fixtures the next 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    It's crazy. I'm laying in 2nd, but one bad week would see you tumble out of the qualifying places. Where you laying?

12th, and that's having quite a good season by my standards!

Chelsea's top 5️⃣ selected #FPL players:

Costa - 44.1%
    Hazard - 34.9%
    Azpilicueta - 21.0%
    Courtois - 15.3%
    Cahill - 12.7%

Suprised Alonso is not higher although I'm the only one with him in my league

Spurs' top 5️⃣ selected #FPL players:

Walker - 31.8%
    Kane - 13.9%
    Eriksen - 13.7%
    Alli - 10.3%
    Alderweireld - 9.2%

#TOTCHE https://t.co/QQHZtfI2NT

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Chelsea's top 5️⃣ selected #FPL players:

Costa - 44.1%
    Hazard - 34.9%
    Azpilicueta - 21.0%
    Courtois - 15.3%
    Cahill - 12.7%

Suprised Alonso is not higher although I'm the only one with him in my league

Alonso is 22.1% top 10k, Azpi 23.6%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Sweating a bit on Alonso as I have Francis to sub in. I have had 2 good days so unlikely to have 3. 61(-4) with Costa, Eriksen and hopefully Alonso tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Chelsea starting line-up: Thibaut Courtois, Victor Moses, Marcos Alonso, Gary Cahill, David Luiz, César Azpilicueta, Nemanja Matic, N'Golo Kanté, Diego Costa, Pedro, Eden Hazard.

Substitutes: Branislav Ivanovic, Willian, Nathaniel Chalobah, Michy Batshuayi, Kurt Zouma, Cesc Fàbregas, Asmir Begovic

Spurs starting line-up: Hugo Lloris, Kyle Walker, Danny Rose, Jan Vertonghen, Toby Alderweireld, Eric Dier, Mousa Dembélé, Victor Wanyama, Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Christian Eriksen.

Substitutes: Michel Vorm, Moussa Sissoko, Kieran Trippier, Son Heung-Min, Kevin Wimmer, Ben Davies, Harry Winks

• Advertisement

#THFC: Lloris (C), Walker, Dier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Dele, Kane.
    Chelsea team tonight: Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cahill (c); Moses, Kante, Matic, Alonso; Pedro, Diego Costa, Hazard.

• Site Banned Posts: 33 O. K. Corral

****ing WILLIAN **** ffs

Alonso outscoring costa would be appreciated

Hazard is going to complicate my wildcard plans I can feel it

Spurs playing wingbacks and 3 CBs again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Watching Danny Rose from behind the couch tonight

• Advertisement

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Watching Danny Rose from behind the couch tonight

Could make his way into my team at Alonso's expense based on tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Just Kane for me in this match so am a bit fearful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Chelsea CS to disappear to a goal to Ali with Pedro blowing the Spurs CS away, perfect senario in the game tonight.

We'd all take a nil all right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

God no. I've Alonso on my bench with Alli and Costa starting. I've only 44 points so far so a 0-0 result would be an absolute disaster for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

I'm still praying for snow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Approved

GetWithIt wrote: »
    I'm still praying for snow

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Not me!!! I benched Alonso and have no Spurs.....fell for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

3-3 Costa, Haz & Eriksen involved and Kaners stays quiet would be epic

• Advertisement
Advertisement