Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Two quick things I noticed that would instantly put me off using the site.

On the register/log in page it is not using an SSL cert.

I can't find any address or phone number on the site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Are you from Tullymore Co. Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jjtara

Two quick things I noticed that would instantly put me off using the site.

On the register/log in page it is not using an SSL cert.

I can't find any address or phone number on the site.

Thanks I will get on the SSL cert asap, I do not have the address sorted yet.

There's a business name "Jade Dalton' already registered in Tullymore Galway. If that's not you you'll need a name change!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

For me:

About Us Section: Too long, hard to read and no photos. You mention you are a team etc, you really should have some photos of yourselves or your physical location. If nothing else, it instills trust but I appreciate the sector is one where that may not be encouraged.

VAT & Contact Details: You have no VAT number, address or contact details. Many consumers, even in this day and age, want to pick up the phone and ask a question. They may even want to place the order over the phone so you should have that staring them in the face.

Domain WHOIS: Your listed as a company in Canada for Domain Privacy. You really should register this to your company so again, trust.

SSL: Ditto. I won't be checking out on site that doesn't have it, even if you are using PayPal etc. You should also update your Privacy Statement.

Facebook: Claim a name so you can reduce the URL length. Its currently: "Jade-Dalton-1591754101128282" Try put that on a business card! ;)

FAQ: I'd add one in. How does stuff arrive? Is it safe to send to my office? Can I gift wrap? If nothing else, great SEO!

Finally, I've run and run a number of online ventures so if you want to discuss, drop me a PM. I'd be happy to give you some pointers to get you started :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I remember talking with the people behind sex siopa before they started I was thinking they were a bit mad but they've done dam well for themselves from it so far definitely looks like a good market to be getting into good luck!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I think the site looks well.

I'd definitely agree that a visible phone number (landline) would be a must. On our site we noticed a definite increase in contacts when we put a phone number front and centre, instead of hiding it in a contact page.

Also agree that an FAQ would be very useful. In a business like yours people need reassurances in black and white. e.g. Shipping is described as "discreet" but not who you are using, how long it takes, whether it needs to be signed for etc.

Best of luck!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Dia1988 wrote: »
    There's a business name "Jade Dalton' already registered in Tullymore Galway. If that's not you you'll need a name change!

On what basis? Someone can have a business called Jade Dalton and be doing something completely different..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

jimmii wrote: »
    I remember talking with the people behind sex siopa before they started I was thinking they were a bit mad but they've done dam well for themselves from it so far definitely looks like a good market to be getting into good luck!

Don't know when that lot started, but back in the dotcom boom I was spending my time talking to the likes of worldoffruit.com and worldoffish.com. Heady days.

Axwell wrote: »
    On what basis? Someone can have a business called Jade Dalton and be doing something completely different..

If it's a registered business name it cannot be used by another business.

Why do you think people register their business name?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

If it's a registered business name it cannot be used by another business.
    You should note that registration of a business name:

- does not give protection against duplication of the name;
    source: https://www.cro.ie/registration/business-name
    Why do you think people register their business name?
    Mostly To use a trading name other than their own name or their company name.

Graham wrote: »
    source: https://www.cro.ie/registration/business-name

Mostly To use a trading name other than their own name or their company name.

Ah okay, never knew that!

So the only way to protect a business name is to incorporate it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Ah okay, never knew that!

So the only way to protect a business name is to incorporate it?
    The only way to protect a business name is to trademark it within the business categories and countries you operate in.

A company name is just a name and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,195 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

jjtara wrote: »
    Hi

I have just launched my new website selling exclusive Sex toys to Ireland and the Uk.

www.jadedalton.com

https://www.facebook.com/Jade-Dalton-1591754101128282/?ref=bookmarks

I would be very grateful for any help in marketing my site, I am very new to online trading.

I am planning to try google adwords and Facebook ads.

I will be adding a blog section soon as the first blogs are being written.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Tara

The good news is that you'll save money on Facebook ads... adult products ain't allowed to be advertised.

You're probably going to have to spend a fortune of Google adwords, it's a competitive market. A blog, done right, will help you out.

The site looks good but have you had a look at your competitors sites? The 5 or 6 top ranking ones are very product orientated... your home page is selling the dream more so. Maybe this is a considered move but today's buyer is probably more focused on the product?

Did you ever considered calling it JadeD? You'll be exhausted after our products :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,070 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Marketing advice
    hmmm
    Go throw an egg at someone famous
    Will get you all the marketing you need
    You will make all the papers and tv news

PARlance wrote: »
    Did you ever considered calling it JadeD? You'll be exhausted after our products :)

You're HIRED!!

Advertisement