Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Integrated oven

• 02-01-2017 1:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

My new house has a very old oven and cracked hob which I want to replace. I wasn't aware that integrated ovens are often a standard 60cm- if I get one to simply fit the space will it be no bigger inside? The one I have seems Tiny and my new baking trays didn't fit so I gave them to my mother and they fit in her (freestanding) oven. Is it possible to buy an oven with thin walls so there's more internal width?

My other options don't seem very good- 1) an undercounter double which I understand will be two small ovens or 2) try to chop the countertop away and fit in a freestanding one.

I have a fairly small kitchen and intend to extend in a few years and hopefully buy a huge oven so for now I can't do anything very ambitious, but equally can't survive with the awful cooker and would love a bit of extra space in it

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Buy one with a bigger internal capacity. Some are now as big as 70-74 litres capacity. Electrolux springs to mind. Some cheaper ones are smaller capacity.

It might be no harm to either take a baking tray to a local electrical retailer, or take dimensions for comparison to your existing oven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

By saying integrated oven are you comparing with a freestanding cooker?

Advertisement