If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ambilight + Android

Options
  • 02-01-2017 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I've been looking into getting an external Ambilight setuo for my existing tv while also looking at new tvs running android.  Then I got to wondering if Philips do a tv with both features and if you carry it? 

Would be working with a budget of about €7-800 and ideally something around 50". Bought a Yamaha soundbar from you before so no requirements on that front. 

Also looking to buy into Philips Hue so thinking that's the brand to go for. Any advice / guidance welcome.

EDIT: Have been looking about this morning and something like Philips49PUS7101 looks good for me. Still though, thoughts & pricing appreciated.

Thanks! 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Any thoughts?

Have a unit reserved in Argos but would much prefer to do business with you guys.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Any thoughts?

Have a unit reserved in Argos but would much prefer to do business with you guys.
    Hey Rowley Birkin QC.

Apologies for the delay.

Unfortunately we don't stock any of the new Philips ambilight TV's. They really were a good job when we did.

I have no others I could even recommend if its this feature you are after.

Sorry I couldn't help more on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Cheers Kenny.

I actually bought one from Argos yesterday but the lower righ corner of it that isn't as dark as the others and it's starting to bug me. Thinking about returning it. I know it's not your TV but with your experience, do you see it as a fault or am I imagining things?

If I bring it back I'll have a £700-800 budget to play with and would be happy to spend it with you guys. Was ideally looking for Android & Ambilight around the 49 /50 inch mark.

If I was dropping the Ambilight side of things, what Android TV would you recommend giving me best bang for my buck?

Tv used with an Xbox One, Virgin Media Horizon and a Yamaha YAS 203 Soundbar.

Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Rowley,

as you know I'm a huge Philips fan but there does appear to be an issue from that pic you have sent - to be fair it can be really hard to tell from a single still image - but there does seem to be a significant flare.

Of course you have a few options - to be fair Argos are normally pretty OK about exchanges and you could try another one as I'm pretty sure that Philips QC is still pretty good ( and if you went with something else you would lose your Ambi :() Alternatively of course we would love to supply you but it its an Android that you are chasing then we are restricted to Sony?

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.