Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monthly order

• 02-01-2017 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi all,

For 2017 I am looking to put a monthly order in with a different roaster from around the world. The only issue with doing this on very small lots is the delivery. Would there be interest from fellow bordies to do a larger order to negate delivery? Also, might need to keep within the EU due to import taxes, but can review in more detail if this is a runner.

Happy to bare the brunt of the work and get an option up for vote first week of the month with all ready to order in the second week.

Cheers
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Nice idea. Group buy's used to pop up once in a while but been a long time since there's been one. Anyhow, I'd be interested. Any particular roasters in mind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭macken04

Nice idea. Group buy's used to pop up once in a while but been a long time since there's been one. Anyhow, I'd be interested. Any particular roasters in mind?

Was considering five elephants for the first round, getting two bags from them. Their delivery is also reasonable, versus others.

Sounds good, haven't had their coffee in an age. When are you thinking of ordering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'd jump on board too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'm in!

• Advertisement

Order in the third week of January, means we have a bag or two to enjoy through Feb?

Just looked at delivery, if we can get 10 people in, delivery would be €1.5 each.

Will post details tomorrow for all and work up a Google doc to manage.

Nice one!

Would be great if we could do one every month. Maybe rotate who organizes it.

Nice one!

Would be great if we could do one every month. Maybe rotate who organizes it.

Sounds good to me. Just checked a few other European roasters out and in general delivery is between 15 & 20 euro. So if we can get 10 people in as a minimum it should be manageable.

Hi all,

So far we have interest from 4 people. Will keep this open for the next few days to see if we can get more interest.

The logistics would be to have everything delivered to my place of work in the city centre, I can have collection from there or Miltown.

I'm happy to manage additional postage if people require, can pass on the cost.

In terms of managing money, it would be easiest to do a wire transfer. If we did this before 17:00 on a Thursday, we could place the order on Friday depending on how the roasters dates workout.

I can set up a google doc this week that will be like an order form. Every roast the specific roaster has on that month, then they we just input our selection.

Let me know more thoughts and we can work through the detail.

That sounds great Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i'd be interested, but not dublin based, so would need additional postage, i know you are saying you're open to that, but if we are going to rotate who buys, it might get to someone who doesn't want the hassle. if that's the case, i could drop out for that round. the bigger complication would be if it is my turn to order, that might need to be delivered to someone in dublin

might just be easier to leave it to dublin folk maybe?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd be interested in this, might be worth contacting the roaster to confirm the postage. In the past we have gotten good deals (e.g Intelligentsia didn't charge us any postage)

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'd be interested in this, might be worth contacting the roaster to confirm the postage. In the past we have gotten good deals (e.g Intelligentsia didn't charge us any postage)

I'm sure it won't be a problem - we can keep it within Dublin, I'm happy to run your turn if we are rotating.

adrian522 wrote: »

Thanks Adrian - once I have an idea of numbers I am going to start sending mails off. I think anything less than an order of 10 wouldn't be worth it for a roaster to absorb delivery, but I'll check around this week.

Hoping I can get some form of discount, trying to keep my coffee spend to €40 a month :)

macken04 wrote: »
    I'm sure it won't be a problem - we can keep it within Dublin, I'm happy to run your turn if we are rotating.

think that may have been a reply to me rather than the post you quoted.

I'm happy to pay any additional postage down to me, and to take my turn collecting the money/ordering for delivery to someone in dublin if this goes ahead

mossym wrote: »
    think that may have been a reply to me rather than the post you quoted.

I'm happy to pay any additional postage down to me, and to take my turn collecting the money/ordering for delivery to someone in dublin if this goes ahead

You're right :)

Hi all,

Just keeping this thread up to date - am going to send enquiries off today to the first roaster, would be great to get the order volume up too 10 people if anyone else wants in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Hi all,

Just keeping this thread up to date - am going to send enquiries off today to the first roaster, would be great to get the order volume up too 10 people if anyone else wants in.

If you need to bump the numbers up, I'd come on board for this one. Probably couldn't commit to a regular group buy though. I'd get a kilo bag of the La Dulce Memoria. Can Paypal through payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

I might consider coming on board too. Similar to mossym in that I'm not based in dublin however, but willing to pay for further postage

G rock wrote: »
    I might consider coming on board too. Similar to mossym in that I'm not based in dublin however, but willing to pay for further postage

Brilliant - again, happy to drop into the post no problem at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Count me in.
    Are we taking account of people's varying requirements. I've a v60.
    I'm in Dublin. I can get my wife to collect from city centre ( in between everything else she does ) provided AGS don't do a raid on your company for suspected illicit sales. bags of powder could be dodgy :D

Count me in.
    Are we taking account of people's varying requirements. I've a v60.
    I'm in Dublin. I can get my wife to collect from city centre ( in between everything else she does ) provided AGS don't do a raid on your company for suspected illicit sales. bags of powder could be dodgy :D

Sounds good Axel Kind Cognac.

In terms of your choice of coffee, I'll be working up and google doc and you can select what you wish. If you are taking in terms of grind, most roasters only ship while bean, but I'm sure I can grind it for you if you are happy with my settings for v60 or other brew methods if you need perground.

Sounds good tatranska.

In terms of your choice of coffee, I'll be working up and google doc and you can select what you wish. If you are taking in terms of grind, most roasters only ship while bean, but I'm sure I can grind it for you if you are happy with my settings for v60 or other brew methods if you need perground.

Thanks for the offer. I can't stump to buying a grinder quiet yet :)

Where are you based? Maybe we are close and can simplify things

Morning all,

I am going to send enquiries off today, looks like we have decent numbers in so will try manage down a group discount.

Will update later today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Monaghan

Monaghan

dublin is probably closer to each of us than we are to each other..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Count me in too, if not too late.

Monaghan

Thought they only drank "tae" in Monaghan.

Boards must be gentrifying you up there:)

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Enquiry has been sent, I put the order value between 150 and 200, should be close enough. Will hopefully have an update tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

If its not too late I'm interested as well

raytaxi wrote: »
    If its not too late I'm interested as well

Not at all.

Will be at least until next week before we put the order in. The more the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 rollout

I'll get in on this too.

rollout wrote: »
    I'll get in on this too.

Brilliant - starting to get more traction now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

I'd be willing to jump in on this too please.

• Advertisement

I'd be willing to jump in on this too please.

Great news - I've mailed, but nothing back. Will chase again today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Throw me down aswel please as one of the outside of the Pale deliveries.

Hi all,

After three emails to the roster I still have no reply.

I will try one last time today, and if nothing back, move onto another.

Sorry for the delay

Hi all,

After three emails to the roster I still have no reply.

I will try one last time today, and if nothing back, move onto another.

Sorry for the delay

wouldn't bother with another mail excerpt to say you didn't want our business ,we've given it to someone else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

I'll be interested in any bulk buy going forward. Will follow thread with anticipation:)

• Advertisement

Right so,

Finally got a response - we have been offered 5% bulk discount. Not he best I've every heard, but I'm happy to move forward if the majority are also.

I'll set up a google doc with their stock this weekend and get an idea of when they roast so we get decent stock in from them. All in all, we should be in a place to order before then end of the month.

I'll put an option in also if people need stuff ground and I can sort it at home provided it won't be huge amounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭mraie

I would be interested too, living in cork city

mraie wrote: »
    I would be interested too, living in cork city
    No problem - I'll have to order doc up this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭golfpaul

Just seeing this thread now. Count me in if not too late.

Just wondering if there's been any action on this. I'm off work for a while so had a bit of time on my hands so put together a google doc detailing Five Elephants current coffees, hope you don't mind Macken.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xI7qETrdhScP2ldc-BT05IX_aF1EvCZFRAq1B4V8fQI/edit?usp=sharing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭ray o

If its not too late I will also jump on this. I have added to the google doc. Thanks AMSA.

Just wondering if there's been any action on this. I'm off work for a while so had a bit of time on my hands so put together a google doc detailing Five Elephants current coffees, hope you don't mind Macken.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xI7qETrdhScP2ldc-BT05IX_aF1EvCZFRAq1B4V8fQI/edit?usp=sharing

thanks..my order is up!

Do they sell IntraVenous Drip kits ?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

I'd be well on for that too.
    Can anyone recommend a filter coffee from that list?
    My main criteria is that I don't like acidity.

Sorry all - I've been pulled over to London last minute for work for the past two weeks.

Any issue with me amending the order to have a running total?

Updated mine there. Added in a running total and a column for if it needs to be ground etc.

Sorry again for being MIA.

• Advertisement
Advertisement