Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual sim

Options
  • 02-01-2017 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi, Has anybody experience of a dual sim mobile? I don't need one with all the bells and whistles. I really don't want a made in China POS! just a decent phone that is not network locked.Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,785 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

I have Motorola moto g 2nd gen with dual SIM very good phone a lot more out there now. But I have it 2 years paid 180 on amazon. I think all dual Sims are unlocked for any network. Motorola have .Co.uk site and the Moto g4 or g4 plus are good plus has finger print reader better camera and turbo charger. You can use PayPal and parcel motel on Motorola site. Discount codes available a lot try hotukdeals website for some of the latest. The one that gets £10 off is ukwelcome10 I think. There can often be others like £30 off with also work stacked for £40 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭digger58

Thanks for that folks, I don't think any are sold in the shops here, I wonder why?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

digger58 wrote: »
    Thanks for that folks, I don't think any are sold in the shops here, I wonder why?

Phones sold in shops here are sold by networks. Dual sim means dual network means no loyalty. Networks dont want that so....

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Admldj

Most of the bush phones in Argos are dual SIM, had one for nearly year while I worked abroad and couldn't fault it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Just to add to the mix - I have an Alcatel Dual SIM phone - can't fault it really.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101812073&postcount=4

ED E wrote: »
    Phones sold in shops here are sold by networks. Dual sim means dual network means no loyalty. Networks dont want that so....

We have places that sell more than one network so why don't they do them?

We have places that sell more than one network so why don't they do them?

A few.

Carphone Warehouse: Want you on ID
    Apple Resellers: Dual Sim will come to the iPhone 9 and be "Revolutionary"
    Argos: Sell a couple
    Curries/PCW/HN/Dixons - Might? Try to avoid the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Chinese cheap dual Sims can be got from amazon.co.uk but your gonna pay a bit more than what ya would buying from the likes of Ali...They work 100%...

"Want you on ID" What do you mean?

• Advertisement

"Want you on ID" What do you mean?

The network. iD. Its owned by carphone warehouse.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

If you're getting a dual SIM, try to get one where the second SIM slot supports 3G, many are 2G only which can be a nightmare.

If you're getting a dual SIM, try to get one where the second SIM slot supports 3G, many are 2G only which can be a nightmare.

Or double 4G ;)

Advertisement