Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland vs Liverpool 15:00 not on UK/Ire TV

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So O'Shea can have someone in a head lock and not give away a pen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Slattsy wrote: »
    scarcely deserved a point tbh

Fair result I think.

Cheers for putting up with me lads. ;)

• Great result for Moyesy and Sunderland
    Thoroughly deserved and defended really well.
    With Defoe in the side you always have a chance. Great penalty under pressure to level it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

God we are shambolic.

I know everyone was tired but we had the fecking winning position twice.

Could have been three penos.in fairness but we really are a soft touch away from.home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

2 points dropped there. That Sunderland side looked dire on paper before the game. Thought we'd have enough to win despite any tired legs. Mannone had a stormer in goal for Sunderland.

Not to mention that's Mane gone now to the AFCON and Sturridge injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Thanks mane for leaving us with that brain dead ****ing handball before you piss off for a month

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

emmetkenny wrote: »
    We've done more than enough to win.

We could have done, I don't think we deserved to though on balance. Sunderland could have had another penalty too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Magnificent Male Of The Moment was Sturridge
    I doubt he is injured . Just a knock and was coming off anyway.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

I look quite the fool with my earlier comment about Sunderland :p
    Fair result, Sunderland came back very strong after the first goal and showed good mental strength. Credit to Moyes to get the players back after such a poor defeat. Emre Can had a howler and there was a noticeable gulf between the Liverpool midfield with Henderson and without. Can just looks like one of those players that can f**k up at any given moment.
    Sunderland should have had a penalty from his handball too and lord knows what went through Mane's brain for the second one. Manonne played very well in nets too and made himself counted when needed.

Disappointing not to get the 3 points but what can you do. Credit to Sunderland for sticking with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Thanks mane for leaving us with that brain dead ****ing handball before you piss off for a month

Was the ball going towards the corner of the net though? If it was Mig wouldn't have got there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Shocking that 2 points have been dropped against a sorry Sunderland side. Very disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

ah fook off.......

Need to get some more squad depth in the Window....

as always..... win big games and then cant consistantly beat the shíte..... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

5starpool wrote: »
    We could have done, I don't think we deserved to though on balance. Sunderland could have had another penalty too.

We weren't up to our usual standard today and started poorly.

With the amount of decent saves Mannone made we easily could have gotten a win if we are a little more clinical.

I have to wonder about wall and why if left such a clear path to goal for the one taking free kick. It was a crazy built wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

We weren't up to our usual standard today and started poorly.

With the amount of decent saves Mannone made we easily could have gotten a win if we are a little more clinical.

Most of those saves are Sturbridge half-chances he manufactured himself.

All fairly standard as well.

• Advertisement

Needs Spurs to turn this round of games into a point gained now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Jayop wrote: »
    Was the ball going towards the corner of the net though? If it was Mig wouldn't have got there.

No, he struck it towards the keeper's side i.e. where Mignolet was standing. Would've had a better chance of saving that than a penalty.

Ne would have saved free kick I think
    The wall was shocking though.
    The player had no obstruction to his target

no idea how it was even a free before the handball.... there was a foul on Sturridge and he didnt get a free.... the player just kicked Struridge didnt get the ball...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Should have parked the bus at 1-0 and taken the 3 points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

mada999 wrote: »
    no idea how it was even a free before the handball.... there was a foul on Sturridge and he didnt get a free.... the player just kicked Struridge didnt get the ball...

It looked like Lucas didn't even touch Defoe when he went down.

Look at the end of the day before the City game I think a lot of us would have taken four points. It's just a shame we did so well against City and let ourselves down today. Sunderland defended well and on the balance probably deserved a point.

Saturday... is gonna be a good day... always is .......................GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It looked like Lucas didn't even touch Defoe when he went down.

He didn't, Defoe rolled him and then slipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Jayop wrote: »
    Fair result I think.

Cheers for putting up with me lads. ;)
    Sure you're not the worst:P

Wheres Paully gone, I thought he would have been here from the off?

Advertisement