Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Kildare" section needs to be split in two - North and South

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

I don't know why they feel the need to conduct that survey. The facts are already obvious. Just look around, both within the county and at other counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I think a lot of the time playgrounds get put there partially through council funding/organisation but also years of work from teams of volunteers who fundraise, get onto the council, find sites that will work. It's a massive undertaking and wouldn't just get done because a few people give out to the council, totally a community effort. (I've not taken part in it, only heard all that went into getting the Enfield playground done)
    annie.t wrote: »
    Maybe we could start "Athy/Castledermot/... chat thread" or something similar and see how we get on?
    I moved to Athy a year and a half ago and would be interested. Anyone else?

I'm moving out that general direction soon and I've not been able to find a single solitary community info type page, parents group, forum, residents forum on line.

So... maybe a sticky thread for South Kildare chat, rather than a regular thread that may then be overlooked by a South Kildareite looking for like-minded South Kildarians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Mink wrote: »

I'm moving out that general direction soon and I've not been able to find a single solitary community info type page, parents group, forum, residents forum on line.

So... maybe a sticky thread for South Kildare chat, rather than a regular thread that may then be overlooked by a South Kildareite looking for like-minded South Kildarians.

Not a forum but there is www.athy.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bigsheepdog

Emme wrote: »
    The "Kildare" sections needs to be split in two - North and South. Most posts seem to cover North Kildare issues and some of them could be considered Dublin issues. I'm from South Kildare - I live near the Carlow border. There are very few threads on South Kildare issues here.

South Kildare might as well be a different planet from North Kildare because of poverty, unemployment and lack of services. I think these should be discussed here.

Towns like Athy and Castledermot have completely different issues to towns like Naas, Newbridge or Sallins. Kilcock might as well be in Dublin but if it's geographically in North Kildare fair enough.

Sorry but Kilcock is as much kildare as castledermot or athy. and proud lilllywhites we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bigsheepdog

Emme wrote: »
    The "Kildare" sections needs to be split in two - North and South. Most posts seem to cover North Kildare issues and some of them could be considered Dublin issues. I'm from South Kildare - I live near the Carlow border. There are very few threads on South Kildare issues here.

South Kildare might as well be a different planet from North Kildare because of poverty, unemployment and lack of services. I think these should be discussed here.

Towns like Athy and Castledermot have completely different issues to towns like Naas, Newbridge or Sallins. Kilcock might as well be in Dublin but if it's geographically in North Kildare fair enough.

Sorry but Kilcock is as much kildare as castledermot or athy. and proud lilllywhites we are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

L1011 wrote: »
    I doubt that's the case.

If you want more threads for South Kildare, post them. A tiny subforum is going to be even deader.

This.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement